PDA

View Full Version : 300ex suspension

Honda_exrider
12-22-2005, 09:25 PM
i'm new to this whole suspension thing so, what and how do you pre-load, is it something you can do with a stock shock? I ride a lot of trails but i do like to jump some little stuf what do u suggesst i do. all my suspension is stock never been tampered with when i go over even the little stuff it fells soooooooo stiff.
PLEASE HELP ME! THANX

trx400exxracer
12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Honda_exrider
i'm new to this whole suspension thing so, what and how do you pre-load, is it something you can do with a stock shock? I ride a lot of trails but i do like to jump some little stuf what do u suggesst i do. all my suspension is stock never been tampered with when i go over even the little stuff it fells soooooooo stiff.
PLEASE HELP ME! THANX

What you need to do is buy some used 400ex stock a-arms for cheap on e-bay and then get some 450r stock shocks to put on those a-arms

You could probably do this for around $300-$375 depending on what deals you get

this will not only make the suspension handle the jumping better it will ride better in the trails

this will be the ultimate setup for your 300ex

you could also buy standard travel aftermarket 400ex shocks to go on those 400ex a-arms

ZeroLogic
12-23-2005, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
What you need to do is buy some used 400ex stock a-arms for cheap on e-bay and then get some 450r stock shocks to put on those a-arms

You could probably do this for around $300-$375 depending on what deals you get

this will not only make the suspension handle the jumping better it will ride better in the trails

this will be the ultimate setup for your 300ex

you could also buy standard travel aftermarket 400ex shocks to go on those 400ex a-arms

thats the budget way of doing things and its 400ex shocks not 450r

if your going to do it, do it right

i would get burgand +2 a arms with aftermarket shocks that is the best way to spend your money

Honda_exrider
12-23-2005, 07:39 PM
if anybody has a pair for sale please tell me.

ZeroLogic
12-23-2005, 07:50 PM
check in the parts for sale section;)

bigdaddy650r
12-28-2005, 10:59 AM
I have a nice pair of 400ex a-arms and stock 400ex shocks for sale for $200 +shipping, includes tie rods and all a-arm bushings.

To mount the shocks you will need to get a shock relocater,you can find them on ebay they are about $40