PDA

View Full Version : Bullydog questions?

J25
12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
my dad has an 04 gmc diesel and he plans on puttin a 3 inch suspenison lift, new tires, and maybe one of those bully dog computers.....does any one have one and can you explain to me what all they do?

Dave400ex
12-22-2005, 09:25 PM
I know 2 people that have Bully Dog chips, and what a difference. One guy has a 04 Powerstroke with Bully Dog dual exhaust, intake, and chip with in cab monitor. That thing flat out gets up and goes. The other is a 05 Duramax LLY with their new triple dog chip, and it is amazing too.

J25
12-22-2005, 09:40 PM
he just wants the chip right now i think, but is it hard to work,like what exactly does it do?

Dave400ex
12-22-2005, 09:50 PM
They aren't hard to work at all. The biggest thing it does is add more power/torque.

GM Power Pup Triple Dog OutLook Combo

Take your Duramax to a whole new level, with Bully Dog's Triple Dog Outlook Combo pack. No one can touch what Bully Dog can do to your 6.6L Duramax. The Triple Dog Outlook combo allows you to do what no one else can, adjust a downloader on the fly inside your cab with our Outlook Monitor. Every program in the downloader is adjustable on the fly! This means you can adjust horsepower levels while you drive using the Outlook Monitor.

While the Power Pup can download multiple settings to your vehicle, the Outlook will give you control over it. This monitor is more than a simple electronic gauge. The Outlook monitor takes priority access to the vehicles engine which allows you to change settings on the fly for dynamic control without using the downloader. In addition, the Outlook also monitors and displays various diagnostic and performance functions within the vehicle.

This is no ordinary downloader; this is the ultimate downloader revolutionizing the Diesel Performance Industry. Don’t get left behind. We Triple Dog dare you to take the Triple Dog challenge. Go ahead and take it to next level.

Dave400ex
12-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Bully Dog's Triple Dog Power Pup offers what no one else can

MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE - The Triple Dog can provide an increase of 120 horsepower and 240 lbs.-ft. torque in the Extreme setting*. Additional horsepower is available via an Internet upgrade resulting in 230 horsepower and 450 lbs.-ft. torque.* This is available through our Crazy Larry program. (*Actual increases depend on vehicle make, model and year.)
"ON-THE-FLY" ADJUSTABILITY - The Triple Dog is the ONLY downloader or tuner offering this feature which allows users to adjust horsepower and transmission settings while the vehicle is in operation.**
EXCEPTIONAL ENGINE SAFETY FEATURES The Triple Dog when combined with the Outlook Monitor gives you the peace of mind you need by closely monitoring exhaust and water temperatures along with boost pressure. Users can adjust vehicle performance settings depending on their driving needs. In addition, fuel settings are automatically adjusted to keep the engine within safety parameters.
TRANSFERABLE FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER - You can transfer the Triple Dog to other vehicle brands so you'll never have to leave the horsepower behind. No other product gives users this level of flexibility and use of use. One SKU for three brands.
NEW FEATURES AVAILABLE VIA THE INTERNET - Only with the Triple Dog can you get additional horsepower through the Internet. You can also download new features, as they become available as well as continue to use your downloader if your vehicle is reflashed by the manufacture.

bigstorm
12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
ive got the banks six gun kitone my 2004 chevy dually. FLAT OUT GOES. not a problem at all smoking the four back tires. one time i was taking it easy and i launches in 4 wheel drives and it did squak the front tires. i prolly launched at like 4 pounds of boost. im waiting for the guys at banks to make the ram air intake for it. but i think most systems are bassically the same when it comes to hooking them up to ur truck.

-storm

babyboy
12-23-2005, 06:00 AM
if you putting bigger tires on, I eleive it will also fix your speedometer

popo
12-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Spent your money on an Edge Juice.

kustomfab2003
12-23-2005, 07:31 AM
I have the bullydog programmer on my 05 Ram with the cummins and it is great!!! However steer clear of the outlook commander they make, mine failed twice adn kept setting off engine codes. Once removed, I haven't had any more problems so I just run the programmer.

J25
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
thanks for the info fellas, which model should i go with??? does any one know any prices

Dave400ex
12-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Popo the Edge are not quite as good as Bully Dog and some of the rest.

I would get the Bully Dog triple dog setup, or look at ATS diesel, they make some awesome stuff.

J25
12-23-2005, 08:34 PM
do you know a price range

Dave400ex
12-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Bully Dog (http://www.bullydog.com)

J25
12-24-2005, 11:20 AM
i didnt see any prices on there???