PDA

View Full Version : Which silencer for my 400EX?

DareDevilQracer
06-30-2002, 06:28 PM
I have a stock 400EX w/ a UNI filter and am looking for better throtle response and a little horsepower, just enough so it doesnt lug and bog when im going around a sharp turn in 2nd. I have done research and found 5 possible canidates.
A pro circuit T-4
A FMF Titanium-4
A White Bros. E series
A White Bros. R4 S-Bend
A DG Xcellerator

all of these silencers are in my price range, which one offers the best overall change in torque and thrtle response? I also REALLY REALLY REALLY dont want to have to re-jet, so do any of these need to be re-jetted? Thanks for the help, it is GREATLY appreciated!!!

PismoGuy400
06-30-2002, 07:14 PM
your in luck...i didnt have to re-jet when i got my T-4..i dont know about the rest of them , but...

i was stuck between the WB- E, and the T-4...i chose the pro circuit because i love the way it sounds:D

DareDevilQracer
06-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Thanks pismoguy, thats the best news I could have gotten! Did you notice a performance difference after you put the silencer on, better throtle response?

eldoexrider01
06-30-2002, 07:20 PM
i put a e series slip on on my 400ex and noticed a very nice improvment in power and no more lugging in a gear up. i also rejetted and which i suggest you doing. it compliments the pipe and will give you top power out of the pipe. but thats all up to you. with the eseries you can mess with the discs and remove or add to get the right setting so you can use it and with out rejetting but its worth it.

BIGRED400
06-30-2002, 07:26 PM
The results are in for the pipe shootout , check it out ....WHITE BROTHERS is only .2 horsepower away from the expensive Curtis Sparks pipe....go to atvnews.com then click on project quads and scroll down and click on 400 pipe shootout

DareDevilQracer
06-30-2002, 07:28 PM
For the pro circuit T4, it is $189 in rocky mountain or dennis kirk, (forgot whih one), but on the pro circuit web site it is $280 for the silencer, whats the deal? How much was yours and where di you get it pismoguy?

PismoGuy400
06-30-2002, 10:32 PM
it was 238 plus tax and shipping

i got it strait from pro circuit

i dont know whats up w/ their website...but mine is the one on the bottom...the one that is 238 $

brb...ill go get my Rocky Mountain catalog and check their prices.

^^i dont know why i said that ( you wouldnt have known the differencwe anyway):D

and i just reailzed that i am verrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy stupid. the RMA catalog has it for $189, and i have no idea why its so much cheaper... :( :( :confused:

ill get back to you on this ...im gonna do some reserch

later
pismoguy

PismoGuy400
06-30-2002, 10:47 PM
i think the rocky mountain t-4 comes w/out the spark arrestor or something...the dennis kirk price is about 10 dollars under the factory price

i could be wrong..mabey rocky mountain is really that much cheaper, but it doesnt make sense to me

later
pismoguy

06-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Get the E-series I raced a guy with a t-4 and he was 2-3 quad lengths back. But I also raced a guy with a DG and i kicked his ***!

tayz34
07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
im in the same delema about what pipe to get - im thinkin e series or R4 or LRD. i would get curtis sparks if money wasent an object but it is so.... i think im goin to get full system of the e series. but i now the best place to order your parts. it is WWW.GOPARTSDIRECT.COM. it is so much cheaper than everywere else and it doesent charge for shipping on most things. talk to you all later.

07-01-2002, 12:37 PM
I have a Big Gunn full exhaust. I bought my 400 with it already so I don't know how much it was. I have put the stock pipe on the polish it and I thought I was on a 300ex. Big Gunn sounds mean as **** and gives great power. My friend has a WB e-series and I kick his *****. I have this metal polish too that cleans the aluminum almost to a chrome finish. When you go through the woods my exhaust blows leaves and everything else out of the way so I know a lot more air is passing through my engine. Putting on a pipe and having a higher flowing air cleaner might need a jet job. More air + more exhaust + same fuel = no improvements. you have to increase them all equal for best results.

DareDevilQracer
07-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Pismoguy, are you running without a airbox lid with the silencer? Im about to order my T-4 for $189 by the way from Rocky mountain.

Pro400EXC
07-04-2002, 06:39 PM
The T-4 has way better bottom end and mid-range than the e-series,if you look on the dyno,the t4 makes like 3more hp than the e-series in the mid-range area.

Also,the t4 looks trick,if you do a mod like i did.

P.S the T4 from RM ATV is $189 with a sprk arrestor.

07-04-2002, 09:16 PM
i got a r-4 s bend and it is great it gives alot of throttle response and i didt nit have to re jet