PDA

View Full Version : Group ride at H/M

wyndzer
06-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Here is a pic from the group ride this past weekend. Keep a lookout for some stories to come.

That's a cool Cannondale up front! Wonder who's that is?

knighttime
06-30-2002, 07:01 PM
We had a great time. It ended up being Rico, Rico's dad, Froggieboi, Taco and 3 buddies, Cranman and Wyndzer on Saturday, and Eric/vwvr6, our friend Chris and myself in attendance. We all stayed in tents at the Chief Logan campsite.

I'm pretty sure we rode approx 85-100 miles both days combined. :eek:

Yep wyndzer was correct there is gonna be a lot of stories told about this trip/ride. I gotta rest first cause myself and a few others only got about 8-10 hours sleep max for Fri and Sat night combined. :eek:

froggieboi
06-30-2002, 09:01 PM
I didn't see the greyhound bus in that pic. It must have been at the pump still. Taco, I passed a station just out of Ashland that had an awesome deal on diesel fuel. Buy 9 gallons and get the tenth one free. :blah

We had a great time. The goggles were cleaned about 1000 times this weekend. No big deal though. I can't wait till next year.

One word of advice though...Don't go to sleep beside the campfire because everyone will go to bed and leave you out there.

MOFO
06-30-2002, 09:49 PM
This weekend was a BLAST! There are gonna be stories & pics all over the place. I'm getting ready to crash out, but I have a bunch of pics to post for tomorrow. I'm happy to say that there were no serious injuries or breakdowns during this ride...

There seems to be a well kept secret with our WV EXriders....instead of 93 octane.... diesel fuel works as an awsome substitute. LOL.... Taco (aka Diesel) will explain... :D LOL!

EDIT: Just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet all of you guys... as Taco said, it was an awsome group of people to ride with.... Next year's ride is already being planned!

Taco
06-30-2002, 10:03 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhh dont give away all my secrets:D :devil

Couldnt have asked for a better group to ride with, and I am definitely looking forward to next years ride.

wyndzer
07-01-2002, 05:05 AM
Hey Taco, did your buddy ever find out that dude's name that was getting friendly with him by the camp fire?

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer
Hey Taco, did your buddy ever find out that dude's name that was getting friendly with him by the camp fire?

We think this was the "Urban Legend Hillbilly" that everyone talked about at our campsite.

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Rico to the rescue!!!!

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:29 AM
Group picture from Fridays ride at Bearwallow. (Wyndzer & Cranman did not make this ride)

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:32 AM
The infamous picture of these WV guys putting diesel fuel in their quads.... LOL :devil

(Taco...I had to post this one...)

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:35 AM
The EXRiders "Ring of Fire"....

This is what happens when you put a bunch of EXRiders together, add booze, fire & sparklers.....:huh

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure what froggyboi is talking about when he says "they will leave you at the fire if you go to sleep" This picture was taken around 4am...the reason why some members only got 8 hours of sleep for the whole weekend!

...we did try to wake you up BTW.... :D

Ex'r Marlin
07-01-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
I'm happy to say that there were no serious injuries or breakdowns during this ride... Glad to hear that!!! I am soo jealous of you guys! I wish I could have been there, but reading your stories are already making feel like I was there:) Glad to hear you all had a good time..... I am anxiously waiting to read your stories! (And seeing your pics)

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:48 AM
This is knighttime as he is mother f'ing the lady at the store that sold him this tent.... :D

MOFO
07-01-2002, 07:51 AM
Thats it for now...I have a bunch more on my digital of camp "related" pictures that I will post later (I have to do some work). I also have a disposable camera that I took "riding" pictures with....hopefully I should have it developed by today & scanned in.....

Eric

YLW400
07-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Looks like you all had a good time. Did the weather participate? You guys didn't do any drinkin' why you were there, did ya'?

knighttime
07-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
Looks like you all had a good time. Did the weather participate? You guys didn't do any drinkin' why you were there, did ya'?

The weather was hot, moderately humid, and we had about 15 minutes of rain during Friday's ride.

There was plenty of beverages there. I drank only beer; gatorade and water, mostly beer. :D

YLW400
07-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Sounds like a good choice to me!!

CranMan
07-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Man all I can say is I'm glad Rico knocked out that Hillbilly dude...he was really getting on my nerves. Some people really know how to ruin a good time !!! ( I can't believe you posted that :D )

MOFO
07-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by CranMan
Man all I can say is I'm glad Rico knocked out that Hillbilly dude...he was really getting on my nerves. Some people really know how to ruin a good time !!! ( I can't believe you posted that :D )

ROFL! I figured it was all in good fun & I shrunk it pretty small... If that first pic is offensive to anyone, let me know & I'll remove it.

Eric

MOFO
07-01-2002, 11:08 AM
...a few more pictures....

EXRiders base camp.

MOFO
07-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Ring of Fire in action.

Lighter fluid was used to "attempt" to light all of the sparklers at once or close to it. It did not work....only 2-3 actually went up.
Looks like Rico got burnt or somethin in this pic as he is moving from the fire....

Eric

MOFO
07-01-2002, 11:17 AM
This is how "some" riders clean their clothes......toss 'em in the fire. :D

Tommy 17
07-01-2002, 11:38 AM
haha look like yinz all had some fun... i will def be there next year...

u still got me tryin to figure out why in the :devil u decided to light 30 sparklers at one time from a fire haha.... yinz are crazy...

so who was the fastest rider:confused: haha

Taco
07-01-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
The infamous picture of these WV guys putting diesel fuel in their quads.... LOL :devil

(Taco...I had to post this one...)

You just wait, your bound to mess up sometime and hopefully I'll be there waiting with my camera in hand:D :D :blah

Taco
07-01-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tacostrk

You just wait, your bound to mess up sometime and hopefully I'll be there waiting with my camera in hand:D :D :blah

oh yea if everyone wants i think i got about 100mb of webspace i can use so if i could get everyone to email me a copy of the fullsize pics i could put em up.

froggieboi
07-01-2002, 12:49 PM
thats doubtful Taco. I'd bet you'll be taking pics of the scenery while he is screwing up.:D

Taco
07-01-2002, 01:51 PM
the only words i could make out were something about a catfish.

MOFO
07-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by froggieboi
thats doubtful Taco. I'd bet you'll be taking pics of the scenery while he is screwing up.:D

ROFL!!!

I've already got my "I f'ed up picture" on the net....

MOFO
07-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
haha look like yinz all had some fun... i will def be there next year...

u still got me tryin to figure out why in the :devil u decided to light 30 sparklers at one time from a fire haha.... yinz are crazy...

alcohol is the reason why someone would want 30 sparklers at once. :D

the fastest rider...well all I know there were some good *** riders this weekend.... I wasnt near the front much, so I'm not sure.....all I know is that wyndzer's C'dale hauls some *** & as Rico would put it... "He knows where the gas is on that thing!"

Eric

knighttime
07-01-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21

I dont think this will be a surprise to anyone, but I'd have to say Rico.

wyndzer
07-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Sorry guys, I don't want to toot my own horn, but ask Rico what he thinks. It's not a matter of who is faster, but who had the most fun! I think there was a twelve way tie in that respect!
I will admit that I earned the Jackass award on the Rockhouse ride, but I'll let Froggy tell that story, he saw it up close.

Why don't we do a semi-annual ride? I can't wait for June.

October is good for me.

MOFO
07-01-2002, 02:49 PM
.... It's not a matter of who is faster, but who had the most fun! I think there was a twelve way tie in that respect....

you hit the nail on the head Wyndzer! The only thing that matters is that everyone had fun...and I'm pretty damn sure everyone did. :D All I know is that you sure did know how to ride that p*ssed off SOB....I had no chance in **** of catching you on the trails...thats for sure. :D

Yep...I think we wanted to do something this fall..... we'll shoot some ideas/dates around soon....

Eric

Tommy 17
07-01-2002, 03:21 PM
i wouldn't mind goin in october or so... only problem is school:o

froggieboi
07-01-2002, 03:44 PM
school schmool, it's not going anywhere therefore it'll be there when you come back:D

wyndzer
07-01-2002, 07:45 PM
Do like we did and drive down on Friday evening, ride Saturday and drive home Sunday. Makes for a long weekend, but well worth the trip, the riding is O.K. and the company is great!!
We need to setup a poll and go with the majority after a week of voting.

redzoomer
07-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey wyndzer!! shorts and riding boots??? now that is a fashion statement!! You go boy!!

froggieboi
07-01-2002, 09:34 PM
yeah Wyndzer, I remember. It's usually better not to pull a wheelie before you top the hill climb. You did look pretty stylish falling off backwards and sending the c-dale on to finish the hill without you. That was a completely unselfish thing to do. You are a thoughtful guy.

07-02-2002, 06:37 AM
Well I just typed up a friggen book and my pc crashed so I lost all of it..:grr :grr I'm not typing it up again at least not right now..

over all the trip was a blast,,I had a ton of fun and can not wait to go back,,I recommend this trail system to anybody and everybody,,,I'm gonna upload my pics to imagestation and put a link in my sig..I think I still smell deisel full..
:eek: and also if your more than 49 inches wide your gonna run into a small problem on one of the trails..:huh :D

Razorback
07-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Rico
and also if your more than 49 inches wide your gonna run into a small problem on one of the trails..:huh :D

lol :D does that mean you, the quad, or both???

sounds like you guys had an awesome time...

07-02-2002, 08:38 AM

October is good for me.

Me too,,me too..:D :D

Ex'r Marlin
07-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Well I just typed up a friggen book and my pc crashed so I lost all of it..:grr :grr I'm not typing it up again at least not right now.. Come on now, don't keep us in suspense!!!!

You don't want us to get the "Urban Legend Hillbilly" after you.... Do you!:D

Great thread guys... Keep them coming!! I sure hope I can make the next group ride there!!!

Note: I heard it was hot there.... But riding in shorts?:confused: Yeah, I like the fashion statement too! LOL.:D :D :D

knighttime
07-02-2002, 11:25 AM
One word of advice though...Don't go to sleep beside the campfire because everyone will go to bed and leave you out there.

lmfao, that's what u get for gettin all f'd up on 4 beers, lol :D

07-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by knighttime

lmfao, that's what u get for gettin all f'd up on 4 beers, lol :D

LMFAO and ROFL yeah Mark you need to cut down on your beer consumption next time,,I'm sure your hangover was worse than ours on sunday morning.:D :D Oh and thanks fer leaving the got damn winders open on the tent friday,,for those of you not there we got rained on friday for about an hour or so and we all got soaked to the bone...and then froggieboi, my dad and myself come back to a friggen pond in our tent,,my sleeping bag became a waterbed,,but my clothes stayed somewhat dry..:o

Poncho
07-02-2002, 07:06 PM
I'm definetly going next time Rico. I'll be there with some hoodlums from the woods of Ky. Me on my shee, a friend on a dirt bike, a hoodlum on a 300ex, and another hoodlum on a 300ex.:o :D

Think I can follow you down there Rico? I'm pretty sure we could meet up at say, Jefferson mall. We both now where that's it I'm sure.:o :confused:

froggieboi
07-02-2002, 08:29 PM
I think that you are just as capable of zippin up windows as i am. I can't take all of the blame on that one.

I wasnt tore up I was tired. There is a difference.:rolleyes: Not once did I claim to be torn. I just sat there and watched the fire so it didn't go anywhere. :p

07-03-2002, 05:58 AM
I think that you are just as capable of zippin up windows as i am. I can't take all of the blame on that one.

I wasnt tore up I was tired. There is a difference.:rolleyes: Not once did I claim to be torn. I just sat there and watched the fire so it didn't go anywhere. :p

We'z just yankin yo chain dude,,,I'm sure you weren't torn up off of a few beers we just gotta give ya a hard way to go when we can..

and LRD_shee you can follow me down if ya want,,the place is very very easy to get too....you only gotta make 2 turns after you get on I-64..we'll figure that out later..

froggieboi
07-03-2002, 09:49 AM

We'z just yankin yo chain dude,,,I'm sure you weren't torn up off of a few beers we just gotta give ya a hard way to go when we can..

I know bro. I didn't mean for it to sound the way it did.

Razorback
07-03-2002, 09:51 AM
I just sat there and watched the fire so it didn't go anywhere. :p

lol. smokey the frog! :D

Scott
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
If a fall H-M ride gets organized, I think I can add 2 or 3 more people to the group. I've been really wanting to check it out and with plenty of advanced notice, I should be able to get a couple other guys to go too. If not, I'll go solo.

Are there any technical trails or are they all 4th gear pinned trails? The uglier it is, the better I like it. Wide open trails are about as exciting as riding in a field.

MOFO
07-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Bearwallow is rocky, tight & slower.

Rockhouse is a little rocky, more open & faster....(but still very technical).... around 2-3rd pinned is about all you will get aside from a few areas where you can open her up....

07-03-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Scott

Are there any technical trails or are they all 4th gear pinned trails? The uglier it is, the better I like it. Wide open trails are about as exciting as riding in a field.

Maybe we mislead you,,,it's all tight technical trails but out of the 100 miles we rode there was about a 3 mile area to open up the 416 in 5th,,it's mainly 2nd and 3rd gear riding, it's far from riding in open fields in a straight line...you'd love it man no doubt about it..I'm gettin ready to start a new thread for the fall ride,,keep yer eye's peeled for it.:D

Scott
07-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Sounds perfect.

How long did it take you from Huntington WV to get there? I can be in Huntington in about 3.5 hrs from my place. Trying to get a feel for how long the ride will be.

froggieboi
07-03-2002, 11:38 AM
I think it took us about 1.5-2 hours from Huntington.

07-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Yeah froggie's about right, to go the fastest way and stay off the narrow 2 lane roads that 2 garbage trucks couldn't pass on,,would be to take 119 out of charlston south and the camp ground is at the end of 119,,and I believe 119 is 50 miles long from charlston to logan camp ground.

MOFO
07-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Your best bet would be to take 77S to 64E then 119S all the way to the "Old Logan Road Exit" then the campgound is about 5-6 miles on the right (Rt 10). Very easy to find.... great campground and its pretty damn close to the 2 other trailheads (Bearwallow & Rockhouse)

knighttime
07-16-2002, 08:57 AM
is what your quad may look like after hatfield mccoy. :blah

07-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
is what your quad may look like after hatfield mccoy. :blah

And it's twice as bad if your front fenders are cut off..:eek: Your goggles are trashed after about 20 feet of riding. I don't think I can remember any of the trails cuz I was riding blind 3/4 of the time.:eek:

Pappy
07-16-2002, 03:36 PM
ok rico....im comin to the next ride. that was a keg as necessary equipment right?

07-17-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127
ok rico....im comin to the next ride. that was a keg as necessary equipment right?

Or 3 cases,,depends on if ya got room..:D

I know I drug way to much crap to the last one. Food for 3 days and what not....the heck with that,,,I'll be stoppin by KFC, subway, mcdonalds whatever this trip,,,after riding for 6 or 7 hours,,coming back to camp and cookin for an hour or 2 sucks. A shower, lounge chair, and a beer is all your thinkin on the way back to camp..:D

CranMan
07-17-2002, 09:29 AM
I hear you Rico....that's why Wyndzer and I ate out the whole time. Like you said there's not alot of energy left for cookin' after riding like we do all day...

knighttime
07-17-2002, 12:01 PM

Or 3 cases,,depends on if ya got room..:D

A shower, lounge chair, and a beer is all your thinkin on the way back to camp..:D

Yep, im not packin food this time, its pizzas, wings, and whatever is on the way home. Heck, I may not even pack my quad!!

:eek:

:cool: __~

wyndzer
07-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Ya'll are catch'n on! The wings at Gino's and Ev's are the best I've had. It's cheaper for me to eat out than pack and cook for two days. I hope me and C-dale are ready for the next ride. I won't be riding as hard as last time for sure.

07-17-2002, 12:40 PM
I won't be riding as hard as last time for sure.

That's OK Jamie,,If dad goes I'm sure he'll enjoy the company 2 miles behind the rest of us..:D

does anybody think they'll have any 4x4's or old people with them that ride at a snails pace. :confused: My dad and knighttime would like some company at the back of the pack..:eek: :eek:

redzoomer
07-17-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey Rico, that is all I think about anytime is the beer and a lounge chair..!!
Hey Dan and Jamie...We will have to do the Ev's thing while we are there.. I'm sure the Poot Mama's miss me!!!hahaha

MOFO
07-17-2002, 04:33 PM

My dad and knighttime would like some company at the back of the pack..:eek: :eek:

LMAO!!!
:D

knighttime
07-17-2002, 04:41 PM

My dad and knighttime would like some company at the back of the pack..:eek: :eek:

I guess he'll be hitten the DO, along with the water/vodka

:eek:

:blah

wyndzer
07-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Rico, I actually do have two guys with utility four wheelers that have committed to going. So there will be some slow guys in the pack, not that there was anybody fast before.;)

knighttime
07-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Ya'll are catch'n on! The wings at Gino's and Ev's are the best I've had. It's cheaper for me to eat out than pack and cook for two days. I hope me and C-dale are ready for the next ride. I won't be riding as hard as last time for sure.

Where is Gino's and Ev's. Is it near the Chief Logan campground? Is it a bar? :confused:

Do they have a pool table? :confused:

wyndzer
07-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Gino's is a pizza place in Logan and Ev's is a little "night spot" with friendly ladies, I don't remember a pool table?

CranMan
07-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear you're still planning on making it Wyndzer. As for the wings, Eve's has the best ones hands down....

knighttime
07-18-2002, 11:38 AM
for a couple of post ride beers, wings, and c what the scenery is like. :D

redzoomer
07-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah the poot mama's will love you boys... Remember, don't leave without signing the ceiling!

Sportrax 400EX
08-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Is there an open invitation for anyone to join you guys on the Sept. ride? Me and a few other guys might want to make the trip up that weekend from Northern VA.

CranMan
08-01-2002, 09:06 AM
The more the merrier. I'd suggest you find the post with the head count so whoever's getting the campsites reserved know how many are coming. Of course there's several hotels in the area also...

Sportrax 400EX
08-01-2002, 09:14 AM
Cool deal, I'll try to find the thread and put us down.

Thanks