PDA

View Full Version : What is consdiered race ready

Shaved96
12-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I have a 05 450r w/ HRc kit, Pipe, and nerfs. do many people race on tracks with this little done.

Also is it ok to have stock shocks with aftermarket a arms??

dopeyferree
12-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Race ready, well a stock 450r is supposed to be race ready, You see alot of people racing with what you have. Also stock shocks with aftermarket a arms is ok, but if you havnt bought them yet you would be better off to get aftermarket shocks and keep your stock a arms for now.

parkers30
12-22-2005, 11:08 AM
for what kind of racing?

for MX you have to have nerf bars and kill switch.

for XC you'll need a Kill switch and 6 ply tires

it depends on where you go wether anyone is running a stock bike or not.

markk
12-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Race Ready, Is everyones own opnion. Just like a small hill to some, could be a HUGE hill to the next person.

As far are your a-arms go? As long as you buy stock length a-arms your stock shocks will work. Now the new 450s you can send you stock shocks in to make them work with extended a-arms.

My opnion of a race ready quad is---- bars/controls, tires/skids/rims,and aftermarket suspension products. The possible motor kit to overpower the stock motors in the class.

ILGNCC400EX
12-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by markk
Race Ready, Is everyones own opnion. Just like a small hill to some, could be a HUGE hill to the next person.

As far are your a-arms go? As long as you buy stock length a-arms your stock shocks will work. Now the new 450s you can send you stock shocks in to make them work with extended a-arms.

My opnion of a race ready quad is---- bars/controls, tires/skids/rims,and aftermarket suspension products. The possible motor kit to overpower the stock motors in the class. its gotta be runnin also mark:eek2:

markk
12-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
its gotta be runnin also mark:eek2:

hey now!!! The real race quad is sitting in your shop as we speak!!!!

The old 400 should be going hear real soon now! Gettin ready to get the motor back to stock!!!!

Hey danno ill be out tommarow! I need to drop somthing off for the family!!!! oh yeah tell Morgan Sleasy-C said hi!!!