PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this profab 330 kit???

06-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Has anyone gotten this exact kit and service done from profab? I heard they were reliable, just wanted to see if anyone has had work done by them. And if so, what did you think of the final product.

330cc Big Bore Kit - Very Fast, Very Reliable.

Includes:

330cc JE Piston/LA Sleeve Big Bore Kit

Honda O.E.M. Gasket Set

Web Camshaft

Hardened Rocker Arms

Hi-Performance Valve Spring Kit

Competition Port & Polish

Heavy-Duty Clutch Springs

Re-Sleeve Stock Cylinder to 330cc

Bore/Hone to Size

Jet Carb

Modify Airbox Lid

Modify CDI Box

BS300ex5
06-30-2002, 10:19 PM
how much is all that done ... if ya dont mind me asking i would like to get the identical thing done to mine

07-02-2002, 05:29 PM
Around $1300, that doesn't include shipping. Here is the website
http://www.profabatv.com/

07-02-2002, 05:44 PM
I know a ton of people who run Pro fab motors since scott is the largest motor builder in our area people take a lot to him. Not to talk bad about him i have seen several of his motors have problems, but all motor builders have some problems. I do know one guy that has that kit but i have never talked to him about it, but it is quick. The one down side that i have heard about pro fab is that if you have a problem with one of their motors they will not help you out to fix. Now I know now of this by experiance just by what i have been told buy local guys
I get all my motor work done at For Dirt Only in Johnstown, OH I know he does a 330 kit and it is extremely reliable. I here no complants on his work ever. Often he will have a lot of pro fab's out customers motors in his shop fixing them. I am sure his turn around time is a lot quicker too. I you want to contact them call 740 967-1078 and ask for mike. I am sure you will love which ever motor builder you go with Scott or Mike. My personal choice is Mike (FDO).

Crypted1
07-02-2002, 09:40 PM
I have talked to Scott at Pro fab quite a bit. He seems more than willing to help out. He actually told me the exact set up they have on their CRF450R machine. Set mine up the exact way... Not many people do that!!!

Dave400ex
07-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Your building a CRF450? That`s awesome.

07-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Thanks for info. GNCCer, I will give your guy a call. I always like to keep my options open, and try to go with a reliable source. I plan on calling both of them to compare.