PDA

View Full Version : Newbie To Racing...Lookin for mentors and info

adrenalinefreak
12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
New to ExRiders...

My first race will be in February. The Adelanto Grand Prix.

I am really excited and cannot wait. I've been riding for almost 2 years but with a slight break. Here's the scoop:

My first ride was Valentine's Day Weekend in 2004. I didn't ride again for awhile. I bought my 400ex in October just before halloween (in time for Dumont Dunes Halloween). Been riding ever since. Usually once a month sometimes more sometimes less. I love jumping. ( As soon as I figure out how to put up photos on here I will).

I am 22 years old. My name is Donna. Pretty athletic and I am completely addicted to riding.

I guess I am looking for any hints you guys can give for racing and if anyone has any experience in this particular race?

Also any other races close to Las Vegas that I can race in?

As for my quad:
400EX(2004)
Alba Pipe (slip on)
K&N Filter and jetting
AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Soon to be Pro Design Kill Switch
( I think that is it)

Anything would be great...
Any of you close to Las Vegas or ever ride in Nevada or California?

Pappy
12-21-2005, 11:17 PM
welcome to the site!

we have several members that race desert races and such so they can provide any helpful tips.

no matter what, have fun and keep us posted on how you do!

adrenalinefreak
12-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks...I've heard from some members on my other post and they've given me some good info...

I'm looking into the Worcs series and the ITP QuadCross because they are pretty close to me...

I just want to race...

aci clay
12-24-2005, 12:36 AM
i raced adelanto for the first time last year and it was a blast. usually we just trail ride as my 16 year old is pretty heavy into motocross(2 wheels) and finances just aren't there for both of us. we'll both be doing adelanto this year along with my older son and other family and friends. it's a great time, lots of great people but you do need to watch some of the locals as they are of questionable ehtics(thiefs). Keep your stuff locked up. as far as adelanto the classes aren't broke up much, just pro, expert, inter, novice and beginners. there are alot of weekend warriors so you really have to watch out especially the start as it's asphalt.

CannondaleRider
12-24-2005, 01:25 AM
Your location is pretty well centered for WORCS racing.

WORCS is a great organization...Great people, great tracks, great racing, great scenery...everythings great.

QuadJunkies
12-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the site Donna!! Nice to see another gal that rides an EX!! :blah: :macho

I look forward to maybe meetin ya this year at the WORCS weries:)

Tina

adrenalinefreak
12-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Welcome to the site Donna!! Nice to see another gal that rides an EX!! :blah: :macho

I look forward to maybe meetin ya this year at the WORCS series:)

Tina

Heck Yeah!!! Definitely would like to meet some new people who ride/race...

Not sure about which Worcs race I will be doing? Pretty sure I'm not doing all of them...have to figure out how to get there...but I want to race more than anything!!

QuadJunkies
12-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Heck Yeah!!! Definitely would like to meet some new people who ride/race...

Not sure about which Worcs race I will be doing? Pretty sure I'm not doing all of them...have to figure out how to get there...but I want to race more than anything!! you MUST come to Idahos round, its a popular round and a GREAT track!

adrenalinefreak
12-25-2005, 12:58 PM
We'll see about the Idaho rounds...kind of far for me right now...but who knows...we just got our transmission back (was being rebuilt) for our explorer...so we shall see.

I wish I could do all of them, but it might be the ones that are closer...I guess only time will tell...

d kelley
12-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Adrenalinefreak, we are leaving for phoenix Friday about 7:00 am if you need a ride let us know and we help you get there. Get signed up with WORCS and get your bike ready. PM us and we will get you dialed in.