PDA

View Full Version : Another D@mn Tire ???

flaneledholes
06-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey I was wondering how bad the fast trekers(sp) wear against the razrs???? I can get the 18 inch trekers(sp) or keep the 20in. razrs... I like the way the trekers(sp) look but they got the big gaps in the middle(not good for hard pack but good for mud)(am I right about the mud thing as far as the fts go???) What do you reccomend??? Oh and how about the turf tamers???? What if I grove the tamers??? Any body know the best place to buy tires???Recreation tires looks pretty cheap...

Pappy
06-30-2002, 05:17 PM
get the turfs...or the trekkers...or....j/k. i use the turfs

400exredrider
06-30-2002, 07:21 PM
IM gettin me some 18in Fast Trekker Rears on 10in Wheels looks sooo sweet.....now dont u be coping me.....:p J/K i have 20in razrs on one of mine well only occasional but there about 2 years old aand they still got damn good tread:D

06-30-2002, 07:56 PM
I been reading for a while but this is my first post. I actually know something about this subject.

I have 18 Fast Trekkers on Douglas Red 10s. It is a very low profile setup and the sidewalls are very stiff. The tread for the FTs is awesome for loose or wet trails but bumpy because of the space between the lugs. Also, the wide center lug on the 18s (diff on bigger size?) make them slide out very easy. I ride asphalt alot and the tread has held up well. The FTs have failed me on one occassion. Small hole beside a lug. Because of the stiffness of the tire I was able to ride with no problem back to the trailhead for my Fix-a-Flat. I have since not had anymore problems and ride very rocky terrain mostly. All in all a good set of tires if you like to ride low.

My riding buddy rides 20 razors. His hook-up just as well as mine but when the trail gets wet and when there were leaves on the ground he spins alot more going up the hills. Tread life wise he still has good tread and he bought the tires used from someone else a while back (don't know exactly how long, maybe a long time).

400exredrider
06-30-2002, 08:21 PM
HEY U WANNA GET RID OF THEM FOR A GOOD PRICE.....LET ME KNOW

BadA$$440
07-01-2002, 08:19 AM
Just to let you guys know, my friend got some trekkers 18''. He has 5psi in them so we measured from the ground to the top of tire and it said 16". And when we ride jeep trails trhough woods (all sugar sand) all his tires do is spinand put up a roost. Now he has a 440 with those tires and i have regular 400 with 20" razr's and i beat him everytime in a drag race.