PDA

View Full Version : Trx90

smokinwrench
12-21-2005, 09:01 PM
I brought the trx90 home tonight and hid it in the garage. Before I hid it I took it up and down the street a couple times. I am very surprised how quick it is.

While looking it over I did notice how restricted the intake is. Only a tiny little hole in the airbox lid. Also the baffle can't be removed, entire end cap is welded in. I did disconnect the pink wire from the cdi. I sure hope its as fast as his LT80 was.

Pappy
12-21-2005, 09:08 PM
a few choice aftermarket parts and she will rip:devil:

Johnny & Monica
12-21-2005, 10:07 PM
It`s a huge upgrade from the little lt :D

3-D Racing Dad
12-22-2005, 05:37 AM
Take the airbox lid off, Big Gun Mini EVO Pipe, Uni intake filter, and she'll smoke the lt. :macho

smokinwrench
12-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
a few choice aftermarket parts and she will rip:devil:

Can you tell me some of the cheaper mods I can do for big increases? What pipe, modify this etc.

It`s a huge upgrade from the little lt

Thats good info to here, I have been worried about this ever since I decided thats what I wanted.

I bought one of those front end widening kits on ebay but it won't fit the 2006 model. I am in the process of trying to get some other brackets that will allow it to fit.

smokinwrench
12-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by 3-D Racing Dad
Take the airbox lid off, Big Gun Mini EVO Pipe, Uni intake filter, and she'll smoke the lt. :macho

Thats the perfect info. Them parts will have to wait a bit Christmas has taken its toll this year. empty pockets

I can't get over how restricted they have got that motor. Its a wonder it will even run. HAHA

I got a set of skat trak gliders ordered for it. Hopefully we will get one of them nice days on a weekend and we can make a day trip to the dunes. Then we wil know how it will perform for sure.

3-D Racing Dad
12-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Those are about the bare minimum that you can go but it will help a bunch. You can also play with the gearing and different tires will help as well.

From what I can tell, Pappy knows a thing or two about the little thumpers so he is a good one to talk too.

Eric at ICRacing is building my son's at this time we are doing a little more than the bare minimum though :macho.

Arctic Cat Dad
12-22-2005, 05:19 PM
I picked Michaels up this week and took it over to my buddy's shop. We took it for a little ride around his tt track. I believe this will make a VERY nice mini to trick out. I can't wait to pump the cc's up and really trick this mini out. What color did you get, he chose the black 1. :devil:

My wife said she hates to see how much you'll spend on this 1. But she's the 1 who bought it. She knows I can't own a stock quad.:D

There is so much you can do to produce some major power.

Pappy
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Big Gun Race Series Full Exhaust

Rev Box

Cut the pink wire coming out of the cdi

a stock bore size 11-1 piston and a powroll cam

this is the set up we ran with some porting and a 20mm carb.

smokinwrench
12-22-2005, 08:34 PM
We choose the red one.

I already disconnected the pink wire. I think I'll wait and see how it runs before we start modding it to much.. I'm sure it will be modded soon enough.

jeepdoc
12-22-2005, 09:12 PM
pappy what size tires are you running in the rear?

Pappy
12-22-2005, 09:14 PM
18x9x8 Maxxis

they are stock rear tires that come on the Eton 90!

3-D Racing Dad
12-23-2005, 04:53 AM
You could always put the new BlingStar Iron cross bumper on it and it will even look fast....LOL:muscle:

smokinwrench
12-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by 3-D Racing Dad
You could always put the new BlingStar Iron cross bumper on it and it will even look fast....LOL:muscle:

Well I have heard that bling bling is more powerful then motor mods.

dart450r
12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
i basically traded my boys trx 70 for a trx 90... he wants to race tt this year... i need to know what is some of the best bangs for the buck. but then again i don't want to spend the money twice to get something done. we already bought the big gun evo ex and i got him some itp wheels and holeshot tires for xmas... got tt tires already for those rims. i like the frt bumper on the last white 90 pic... what kind is that? looks like a prm? anyways we need one of those!! i'd like to go around a 107 to maybe 114 kit on the motor.. and carb and other mods... let me know who and what some of the places i can get this stuff done at... thanks
shawn

3-D Racing Dad
12-26-2005, 06:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong Pappy, but dont you do motor work for these.

Also Eric from ICRacing is doing my son's and he's coming up with new stuff all the time, he has dual A-arm suspensions. new swingarms titanium axles and hydralic brake systems available for the 90's.

Pappy
12-26-2005, 08:59 AM
no, i do not preform any internal engine work. gt thunder built our 05 national engine, and we have a few new companies wanting a crack at his 06 engine.

i do have 1 PRM bumper in stock if anyone needs it

klgcrna
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I just cut the pink wire on my sons trx90,,, do i have to rejet or what, for some reason it wont stay cranked now and he races Satuday, we are new at this so I am learning, I also would like to know what kindof tires to get for this,, we live in Mississippi and do track racing with lots of hills and dirt. He wants me to change the wheels and i dont know what to get,,, please help on the rejet issue and the wheels,, thanks mom of 2 wounderful sons. k

212racing
03-14-2006, 12:58 AM
no, cutting the pink wire does not effect jetting. the wire is only a speed limiter. have you made any other changes?

klgcrna
03-14-2006, 02:00 AM
i put a uni filter in it and took out the restrictors that is it,,,

smokinwrench
03-14-2006, 05:47 AM
I haven't done anythign to mine other then cut the pink wire.

From my experience I would say that if you installed a uni and removed restrictors that you will probably need to richin it up a bit. I'm not even sure if they have an idle/air screw.

Where are the restrictors? Intake and exhaust?

3-D Racing Dad
03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
The only time you should have to change jetting is when you add and aftermarket exhaust. And I was told you dont have to do it then, that you can adjust the air/fuel screw and the height of the main jet needle.

GILCO
03-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Check this one out go to QuadFast.com

GILCO
03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Check out this one QuadFast.com