PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins shocks

airheadedduner
06-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Has anyone ever had or tried a set of ohlins shocks? How did you like them?

airheadedduner
06-30-2002, 10:30 PM
Come on sombody's had to have tried them.

Clay
07-01-2002, 12:58 AM
I used to have a set on my R a couple seasons ago. They were decent shocks. Mine were pretty old and valved for a rider considerably lighter than me though. They were much smoother and plusher than the works i have now, but they werent as good on the big stuff. I would say they would have probably been a good shock for XC. I used them for MX though. If they were valved for my weight, i bet they would have been good. But i wasn't particularly impressed with them. I am trashing the works soon for a set of elkas. I rode a set last weekend and fell in love. Thats the next thing when i get my motor back.

250rmike
07-01-2002, 08:50 AM
gary denton used em but i dont know what else was around when he raced so i dont know. but he liked em.

DiceMan400
07-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Ohlins rule bro........ I like them better than any other shock I have riden on....... They are great on the big stuff and in the small stuff...... If they are valved right they are just as good if not better than elkas and pep

airheadedduner
07-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by crhye250r
I used to have a set on my R a couple seasons ago. They were decent shocks. Mine were pretty old and valved for a rider considerably lighter than me though. They were much smoother and plusher than the works i have now, but they werent as good on the big stuff. I would say they would have probably been a good shock for XC. I used them for MX though. If they were valved for my weight, i bet they would have been good. But i wasn't particularly impressed with them. I am trashing the works soon for a set of elkas. I rode a set last weekend and fell in love. Thats the next thing when i get my motor back.

Do you still have your old Ohlins!?!

Thats good to hear they work fairly well. One of my buddies is friends with a local shop owner and may be able to get me a set for a fair price.. I need to ask him about that.

Clay
07-01-2002, 11:15 PM
No dude i sold them to a guy when i got my works. Sorry. :(

kicker696
07-01-2002, 11:44 PM
how much would u want for your works?

airheadedduner
07-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Kicker, check out ebay. I typed in works shocks just to see what would come up and there where 2 pairs for under $155 with a day or two left. One was triples the others were duals.