PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of big dumb clutch perch

exrider4130
12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
i duno how all of you feel about the 300ex's clutch perch...but i hate it....its big, heavy, and not all that strong....heres my idea and any input would be good... using a hot start/clutch perch assembly.... msr has a nice setup...i mean think about it...the reverse cable doesnt need much pull and a hot start lever gives it plenty of pull (about a inch and a half on the msr raptor perch)...so reverse is taken care of...nobody uses the parking brake so that should already be gone...the only problem is in the clutch safety switch....all this does is allow the atv to be started in gear...in neutral, you dont even need it... all it is is a small switch maounted to the assembly....any ideas on how to bypass this switch or maybe someone has seen a clutch perch with hot start that has one of these....ive looked at wiring diagrams and there is a way around it but you would have to pretty much rewire the starting circuit from what i see....if anyone has any ideas, let me know...if yer idea works, ill buy you a msr clutch perch for helpin...seriously, i can get a really good deal on them, so help if ya can:D

YFZ450Ridr
12-21-2005, 09:43 PM
if the neutral saftey switch is the similar as it was on my z then take that baby off! once i took mine off i can just hit the start button in any gear and she turns over without pulling the clutch in. it just pulls right out and i taped mine on the inside of my crossbar pad where you cant see it(wire wasnt very long so my mounting options were limited) taking it off is simple, look on the bottom side of it and there is a little black tab, push it in with a screw driver and pull er' out.