PDA

View Full Version : Worst trail crashes

moto04racing
12-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I got a few, two on my bike and one on my quad and one on the 4X4

Well one goes, me, my dad and my buddy were riding and were crossing from private land onto state land, intead of opening the gate we take this trail around it that poachers probally made and my dad and friend take the turn high, and i take it low, well when i put my foot down i got tripped by a downed peice of fencing wire, it just all happened so i didnt think to let go of the bike, so as im getting wripped off the bike the bike is slowly tourquing up, well after the bike flipped i landed on my stomach and it didnt feel to swell.

Another crash in the same trip, we were flying down this pipeline trail which had a ton of bogs on them, it had rained the night before so we were sure there were more bogs and the exsisting ones were deeper, so nearing the end of the trail, about a mile and a half before the road, were all doing like 30-35mph and i see a bog, so i slam on my blessed drum brakes, they lock up and i slide out, thats not the part that hurt, my friend was sort of close behind me and BAMMM he smashes into my back, i was just a little bit freaked out.

Different trip and different machine, well me and my cousin were at gladwin trail head just playing around in this big sand pit taking turns with the blaster, so i get it and i decide i wanna do a donut and i rolled, got thrown off it and it rolled 2 1/2 times and landed about 3 inches away from my head, i was laughing thou cause i thought it was kind of funny, not a bad crash, just wanted to mention it.

Not the last bad crash but the last one im gonna say is when i was riding alone on the big bear 400 and i was just cruising down this gravel trail and where i was at, the trail is quite elevaated, well i was sliding around the turns and i guess i hit a rock and down the side i go along with the quad. well i was OK but i couldnt get the quad back over. so i walked about two miles down the trail and hitched a ride with someone back to the cabin.

well those stories arent the worst but theyre bad for me i think

post urs

kenny

04TRX400EX
12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Nothing too bad here. Went riding today actually and had a great ride, no problems, got back up to my truck and decided to have some fun around the dirt area where we were parked. So I was powersliding or whatever it's called and got too sideways. The next thing I realize the rear tire sidewall caught and I flipped over my 400. No big deal, I thought it was kind of funny. First time I have ever rolled/crashed my quad.

My sister didn't fair so well awhile back. About a month after I got my quad, she and her boyfriend, also with a 400EX went for a ride on his and my bike. She somehow managed to lose control on a trail and go off an embankment. She rolled the quad through some bushes and rocks and landed about 20 feet down in the edge of a lake. She broke a rib or two and was sore, but luckily no serious damage to her or my new quad. Just some seriously scratched plastics.

2001300exguy
12-23-2005, 10:16 PM
i was riding one of my dads friends old 1984 suzuki 250 something or another,four stroke. and was going up a hill about 30 ft high and pretty tall.well right at the top the quad stalled and i jumped of the side and roled down right behind the quad nothing serious just scraped up and a broken battery mount

on my 300ex. we were crusing some powerlines and at one part the trail goes into the woods for a little bit and come out abotu 30 ft down the lines. well i decided to just go stright not thinking, and there hapened to be a ditch about 5 ft deep in the middle witch i didnt see. nose dived into it and flew forward out from underneath the quad. first major qreck on my own quad

another on my 300. me and my friends were cruising around in a small section of woods we always ride onm with a bunch of small but steep hills. i was going up a prolly 15ft tall hill and the tires started slipping so i leaned back a little to get more traction, well i leaned back to much and the front came up. i bailed of the back and at the bottom of the hill jumped out of the way and the quad only missed me by a couple inches. that was my scariest wreck

my most recent wasnt on the trails but my first time at the track and right after i got my 400. i was following my bud on a bike and he has been at this track before so i thought he knew what he was doing. well we finished a lap and came back to the finish line jump and he guns it, i waqs thinking yet again and closely followed him. well he goes over and wrecks because he got verticle couse they just faced the jump out then i come over the jump and do the same thing i slid of the back when i landed and my bike rolled and hit my friend who was picking up his bike. i bent my pro circuit in half and snapped the grab bar off. that jump freaked me out pretty bad and i havent jumped any real jumps in a while

drsleu23
12-23-2005, 11:16 PM
first day out with the 03 400ex i had bought the day before. Well we rode for 2 hours or so and just before i get to my house their is this hill that has a lip and you can catch some pretty good air.....well my last quad wasnt quit as fast as the ex i just bought and i hit the lip going faster than i ever hit it before...i got all squirly in the air and tried to bail. well i landed on my feet and my momentum carried me over....my head (helmet thank God) hit all these rocks and i flipped about 2 times and next thing i know, i'm at the base of the other side of this hill....wind knocked out of me blood pooring from my arm and back.....my bro was right behind me going up the hill and when he got to the top all he saw was my quad on its side still running and no sign of me.........well it might not sound that bad but still to this day about 6 months later my back hurts...i had to get bone scans xrays catscans....all in alll it was a pretty sobering experience and needless to say i don't quit hit that hill as fast anymore

moto04racing
12-25-2005, 02:45 PM
ouch and ouch

TRX400EX02
12-28-2005, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 04TRX400EX
[B]Nothing too bad here. Went riding today actually and had a great ride, no problems, got back up to my truck and decided to have some fun around the dirt area where we were parked. So I was powersliding or whatever it's called and got too sideways. The next thing I realize the rear tire sidewall caught and I flipped over my 400. No big deal, I thought it was kind of funny. First time I have ever rolled/crashed my quad.

Same thing happened to me a while back. I was messing around in a sand pit and I got sideways powersliding and the tires caught in some really deep, loose sand. It bucked me off and the quad rolled over.
Another time I was loading the 400ex into the back of the truck and both ramps slipped out from under me right as I got to the top. The quad fell out and I bailed. It bent the handlebars and put some nasty scratches in the rear fenders

:grr:

400EXtreme
12-30-2005, 04:02 PM
my worst trail crash was cuople years ago on my little xr 80 nd i was going pretty fast up this hill climb i didnt no that at the top it goes down with a bunch of rocks so i got some air off of it nd i caught my front tire in a rock nd i fell nd hit my head on like 10 rocks. I was fine tho few scratches but i snapped my front brake line and some bent handguards wasnt all that bad.

xx3003xrdrxx
12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
was racing a xc race last year and it was right when the snow melted and it was as muddy as can be , well im flying down this wide open part of the trail in 4th gear pinned about to shift to 5th and a guy on a yfz that was behind me comes flying past me well i heard him coming so i move over to the left side of the trail and somehow i slid down this embankment off the trail going like 50 and hit a tree with my left aarm . Well it spun me completley around and i hit my chest off the bars and then slid off the quad and just laid there for a little bit. That was the last time I raced xc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Trees are unforgiving sons of *****es lol . Ill stick to the big jumps :macho

400EXtreme
12-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
was racing a xc race last year and it was right when the snow melted and it was as muddy as can be , well im flying down this wide open part of the trail in 4th gear pinned about to shift to 5th and a guy on a yfz that was behind me comes flying past me well i heard him coming so i move over to the left side of the trail and somehow i slid down this embankment off the trail going like 50 and hit a tree with my left aarm . Well it spun me completley around and i hit my chest off the bars and then slid off the quad and just laid there for a little bit. That was the last time I raced xc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Trees are unforgiving sons of *****es lol . Ill stick to the big jumps :macho them damn trees

BlasterEaten250
12-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, it didnt happen to me but, it happened to my dad. Last summer we were riding and it started raining. So we were coming back fast because it was raining so hard. Well, to make things worse, it started hailing. So now we were rushing to get back. The trail had Huge puddles around some of the corners and my and my brother were in front while my dad was in back. At a stop sign I looked back and my dad wasnt there anymore. So I go back and about a hundred yards back, I say a flipped over atv and my dad standing next to it. I asked if he was ok and he tried to say something but nothing came out. So he went to sit on mine while I flipped his back over. Turns out that he hit one of those huge puddles coming around the corner and it just through him off.

When we got back home we took him to the hospital. It ended up he had broken ribs, cracked sternum, and a punctured lung:ermm: He needed a chest tube and everything. He was in the hospital for about 5-6 days.

Now, 5 months later, he still hurts a lot. Hes on all these meds. He can still ride and go to work and walk around. But only when he has all his medicine.

We learned our lesson, DONT ride fast when its raining out.

:ermm:

hondajoe05
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
i rolled down a 150ft or so tall hill its not to steap but its a LONG way down and i was at the top the bike stalled i downshifted to 1st gased it and went over backwards i rolled outta the way of the quad and back into the way and got hit twice i had brusied ribbs and broken handle bars thank god i had a helmet haha....

i also recked a 4th gear wheelie down my gravel road... i couldn't walk for a couple days thank god the hospital gave me some Great pain killers and muscle pills for my two tore ligament in my butoxe

01-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by hondajoe05
i couldn't walk for a couple days thank god the hospital gave me some Great pain killers and muscle pills for my two tore ligament in my butoxe

ALWAYS WITH THE DRUGS!!!! dammit!

http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html

look at the one called (Drugs In Your Head) First row 6th one

Has profanity close your ears children

Creech52
01-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Ok Ill start with the not so bad ones first. Ok so Im loading my warrior in the bed of my 4wd s-10 on wooden muddy ramps, I had my doubts but fudge it right? well I get the front tires on the tailgate but not enough speed so I give it alittle gas and the tire kicks one on the ramps out, the bike falls out of the bed with me on it, I land on my back and see the quad coming down on me so I pull my legs and and boot it with both feet, it stands up and falls to the side, Now my friends are trying to tip the bike back over while my leg is between the rear tire and fender-result: sore back and head (landed in large gravel no helmet) Ok next me and two friends were out flying down this road going from trail to trail, I had a POS 230QS with no headlight or rear brakes and bald front tires, its dark. Anyway the first friend whipped off the road onto the trail, the other friend go confused where to turn off so just slides it sideways and stops in the middle of the road, so I come down wide open and see him blocking the road so I try tapping the front brakes not to lock it up, too late, I try squeezing between the other bike and a 90 degree enbankment on the side of the road, well about 3-4 inches shy, I clip his rear tire and just let go, I slip on my chest about 10 feet, stop turn my head and look up only to see my bike falling from the sky upside down, the rear of the bike lands on my legs, My friend is asking if Im ok, Im just yelling flip it over and lets see if itll start. so then I find out the quad flipped forward the grab bar bounced off the pavment shot the bike in the air where it flipped two more times before it landed on my legs- result: after I started getting warm I noticed a few scratches and bruises my helmet wasnt even stratched. OK now for the worst for me and my quad. I had a warrior and my friend had a mojave 250, so we get ready to go out riding and he leaves ahead of me cause I was dicking around, well the brush was high and the feild was slick, so im cruising up the little trail about 4th gear, my friend pops out from behind a little bend blocked by brush coming right at me like 4th or 5th pinned, so last second I turn the bars and close my eyes. well it wasnt enough we hit head on, I did a front flip and landed on my back, I open my eyes and see my friend flying through the air the other direction with his quad chasing him and his helmet rolling through the brush, look forward and see my quad upside down in a bush, and my shoe about 20ft up the trail. luckily my helmet stayed on thanks to my goggles (good point to always strap ur helemet on) so me and my friend both have sore backs and headaches. the front of my warrior pointed about 90 degrees from straight, flattend a wheel on one side and sheared the bumper bolts off and pushed the bumper flat against the frame, my friend had a pretzel for a steering stem, and a tweaked frame both of which got straightened pretty damn close to normal. the warrior got a new frame, and front wheels. Moral here never go out riding seperatley when you will have troubling seeing where someones at.

Creech52
01-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I got pics of the frame ill have to dig up and put them on here give me a couple days.

Sleeper
01-18-2006, 10:31 PM
When I was but a young boy I had a trail 70. Well I was heading up a gravel road pinned out at about 40 to 45 mph. Right about then a bug wacked me right in the eye. I closed my eyes for just a moment cussing to my self. I opened my eyes just in time to see the gravel road turn into a rutted clay mud hole. Needless to say I pitched it over the bars and body surfed about 35 feet threw the slop. Now it wasn't so bad until two dogs attacked me while I was rolling in the slop. All the time my brother was laghing his @ss off because he had seen the end of the road and slowed down while I flew by blinded and cussing.

Good times, Noodle sallad.

Sleeper

gonenbroke
01-20-2006, 10:34 PM
this one didnt happen to me but...me n my frend thone the 250ex go ridin, he still sucked, are out ridin in some ditchs theyre like 4 r 5 feet deep but we were jumpin outta it. not too much air but anyways, i land level cause i jump alot n kno to juss barely let ur back wheels hit before ur fronts. well i turn around juss to see it all happen...he came out of it 3rd pinned leanin back about 4 feet up he ditches n his quad hits the tree that i barely miss n he lands like a foot away from his 250 n looks up....but he got lucky n it fell sideways instead of backwards then it rolls overon the bars... some howi n the midst of this he lands on his butt n hurt his back.

the only other wreck i had was on my XR100 i hit a like 30 ft tall hill in my yard 5th pinned n over shoot the down side which i use as the landing. so i flat land land it and im slowed down i guess but i rebound n dont got my feet on the pegs n im juss holdin on by the handlebars. i wud have been ok but i hit another not so big hill in like a superman position n since all i had on the bike was my hands i had the throttle wide open. but i let go of the throttle sumhow n grab a handful fo front brakes. cause i had about 40 ft n she lays over n i rag doll another 20 n slide 10. well i was lucky for 2 reasons. one i didnt have a helmet on. and 2 if i had held on i wud have either hit this tree n if i wud have miss i wuda gone over a 60 ft drop off n probably wudnt be able to ride today.

RidinRed420
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Ouch!! Well before I got my own bike my boyfriend and I used to ride double on his Banshee... We were out riding one night with 2 of our friends.. We were sittin at the top of a hill that goes to a pit and we decided to go down... We went first and by the time we got 1/2 way down we seen a cop coming. Since we were trespassing I tried to tell our friends to stay back but they were already on there way down..

The cop turned on his lights and shined the spot light on us, so we turned around and went up the hill... We didn't quite make it though.. we got like 5 feet from the top and couldn't go any further... Since it was like 3 inches of ice we started sliding backwards with the breaks frozen... 1/2 way down the hill the breaks unfroze and we don't know what happened after that.. We flipped over.. the bike roled on top of me and my boyfriend broke the tip of his thumb off. The good news is, in the adrenalin (spelling?) rush I jumped up and ran up the ice covered hill... and my boyfriend started his bike bent his handle bar up and took off.. We got out of gettin arrested because we were ridin double and we didn't have helmets. Our friends got tickets but they were wearin helmets and ridin their own bikes. A few stiches for my boyfriend and I just had some serious bruises where the bike landed on my hips...

One of my friends was cruisin in 4th gear down a trail, I don't know what she was ridin or what happened I wasn't there. But she crashed and ended up spending a month in the hospital and then 4 months without getting out of bed. Some how there was a chunk of flesh in the back of her leg that was taken out.. It was 2 inches wide and nine inches long down to the bone... Gross.. She walks and is just gettin back into ridin now... 8 months later!

hard one
01-31-2006, 09:08 PM
I was racen a kid on a 250ex and i on my 300 on these trails we have had for years on my land and i was way out ahead and al of a sudden the trail just ended at this big drop off almost a cliff 25 or 30 ft doing about 60mph so i hit the back and the lock up perfect but i am not slowind down enough on the wet trail so rite a the egde it hit the front brakes and i go over just at the edge and the quad runs over me and goes down the drop of and then the other kid flys past me . after a wile he comes back and helps me get it out . the emgo bars held up nice and nothing was broke but my head hurt bad even with the helmet.
stupid water treatment plant blasted a huge area of land

my only reck of 4 yrs riding

A nother reck is my freind on porly designed predator is racing a cr 125 and hits his cousin on a 4x4 goes over the bars and hits a tree it was awsome this kid gets in somany recks it is stupid his predator is fine except a broken thumb throttle and the 4x4 is completely destroyed the shock went threw the fender the a arm is laying on the side and he is againts a tree. he isnt hurt for some reson and his cousin has a broken.

they wernt wearing any gear other than a helmet and sandles

so dont ride with predaters because the drift every wear and they will hit you.

roostin400ex
02-13-2006, 09:09 PM
whats up guys im new to this site and cant get enough of it....i just bought a bran new 2005 400ex in january and have been riding heavily whenever i get the chance...anyone kno any good places in ohio lemme know....we ride wayne national alot during season....but anyways to the crashes...so far so good on my 400ex but last summer...my senior year of high school starting position on the football team i decided to go riding on my old 97 recon on one of my off days...me and a couple buddies were riding down the river and there is this hill that leads into some trails on the bank of the river and we get to it and noone would go up....but me!! haha wat a dumb a** decision..yea it was slightily eroded and my front wheel hit a rock torward the top my recon flipped backwards and i went rolling down the hill with my bike following i landed in the river and my recon did to but one of the racks landed on my upper arm and tore my tricep completely from my bone luckly i had a helmet on and it was knocked off my head and one of my buddies grabbed it and saved it from the river...it looked like someone had done a burnout on my head....helmets helmets helmets....anyways i ruined my whole senior year football season f-ed up my recon and my arm never felt pain like that i couldnt even ride home we left my quad in the river and my buddy got it later...sorry its long but worth the read.... i got another! not me but my buddy

we ride at this old land fill with massive hill climbs it is an awesome awesome place to ride and used to have bad a** woods but they are now logging them:( all our riding spots are goin....anyways my buddy was flyin up this hill on his 03 recon...it was a little wet he was right at the top of the hill and he looses traction....tough situation so he bailed and lost grip of his bike there it went about 200 yards down...flipping...2-3 complete turns in mid air at some points...his bike lands at the bottom....RUNNING!!...his racks were bent and his handlebars were flattened to his gas tank...and this is why i think the honda recon is a great indestructable bike we rode it home!! took a crow bar to the racks and loosened his handlebars and brought them back up and the bike was fine....check these out reply

miller821
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by roostin400ex
...and this is why i think the honda recon is a great indestructable bike we rode it home!! took a crow bar to the racks and loosened his handlebars and brought them back up and the bike was fine....check these out reply

Sweet story, and its a HONDA man its virtually indestructable.

4punksdad
02-14-2006, 12:57 PM
this guy hit me head on.........3rd gear. Victim is a member of this forum still I think. You out there vic?

rooster_20
02-17-2006, 06:26 AM
I have a crash story..... It all began like any other ride, before my friends and I bought our sport atvs we all tore up the trail up a local mountain called Dingo. We arrived at our destination which was a cave that winded around a pond. We all set there thinking of a greater adventure when my cousin took off up the biggest hill ever! There wasnt even a trail up it! He got to about half way when all hadies broke loose. He began to spin and his brakes couldnt hold him. He then jumped off the side but it was too late. The big 400 forman began to roll. He tried to get out of the way but the peg grabbed his shirt and threw him over. the first flip missed him as he ran franticly away from the atv but the second one fliped right on him. He laid there and we all thought he was hurt bad! His forman flipped 8 times when it finally landed upside down in a ditch and was still running. We all ran up the hill and thank god he was ok! He had a pretty nasty gash in his knee, his ear was cut up, and he never went to the hospital to check his wrist which was probably broke. The ironic thing is that we bent the handlebars back up and the headlight mount and he drove it home!

countrygirl01
02-18-2006, 06:34 AM
i gotta story the other day i was ridin with some friends, in the mud. Well i thought i could get some traction to get up the hill; well i didnt and i started slidding backwards down the hill. then i flipped into the bank of the crick, it flipped and landed on my leg which broke it in 3 places. now that was the worst reck ive ever had.:(

BlasterEaten250
02-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
this guy hit me head on.........3rd gear. Victim is a member of this forum still I think. You out there vic? wow, was there any damage to the other 400?

4punksdad
02-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
wow, was there any damage to the other 400?

no.............the superman sticker saved the bike :huh

BlasterEaten250
02-20-2006, 11:35 AM
wow, thats wierd. The one completely broke while the other is fine:eek2:

4punksdad
02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
wow, thats wierd. The one completely broke while the other is fine:eek2:

superior genetics:macho

miller821
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
no.............the superman sticker saved the bike :huh

I'm going to have to get me one of those. Just hope i don't run across kryptonite if i do.

Lax
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Sleeper
When I was but a young boy I had a trail 70. Well I was heading up a gravel road pinned out at about 40 to 45 mph. Right about then a bug wacked me right in the eye. I closed my eyes for just a moment cussing to my self. I opened my eyes just in time to see the gravel road turn into a rutted clay mud hole. Needless to say I pitched it over the bars and body surfed about 35 feet threw the slop. Now it wasn't so bad until two dogs attacked me while I was rolling in the slop. All the time my brother was laghing his @ss off because he had seen the end of the road and slowed down while I flew by blinded and cussing.

Good times, Noodle sallad.

Sleeper

lol that is the funniest story I have ever heard. I hope you were okay, but the part about the dogs just made me laugh so hard.

RidinRed420
02-23-2006, 08:58 PM
I crashed for the first time ridin my own bike yesterday...runnin from the cops again... We were leavin to go home and the cop was waitin right there.... I ran the other way and I was about 2 feet from freedom... but I was in 3rd gear and I was trying to fit between a rock and a tree that is maybe 6 inches wider than my bike... I slid on the ice and crushed my foot between the tree and my bike.. I hit the tree so hard it bent my foot peg up around my foot so its about 2inches long now. Other than that there was no damage. I knew I couldn't keep goin so I climbed off my bike and I couldn't stand. We didn't get arrested, but she is going to summons us to court. I didn't break any bones, but I severly sprained & bruised my right foot/ankle... and I have scratches and bruises up my entire leg.

So now I'm stuck on the couch for the next few weeks at least... :mad: Oh well I guess, I gave it my best.

4punksdad
02-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by RidinRed420
I crashed for the first time ridin my own bike yesterday...runnin from the cops again... We were leavin to go home and the cop was waitin right there.... I ran the other way and I was about 2 feet from freedom... but I was in 3rd gear and I was trying to fit between a rock and a tree that is maybe 6 inches wider than my bike... I slid on the ice and crushed my foot between the tree and my bike.. I hit the tree so hard it bent my foot peg up around my foot so its about 2inches long now. Other than that there was no damage. I knew I couldn't keep goin so I climbed off my bike and I couldn't stand. We didn't get arrested, but she is going to summons us to court. I didn't break any bones, but I severly sprained & bruised my right foot/ankle... and I have scratches and bruises up my entire leg.

So now I'm stuck on the couch for the next few weeks at least... :mad: Oh well I guess, I gave it my best.

you got a ticket if you got a summons. next time practice what your mom told you..............................................n ever talk to strangers :)

400EXtreme
02-24-2006, 06:36 AM
you got a ticket if you got a summons. next time practice what your mom told you..............................................n ever talk to strangers :) thats why cops should never chase :)

RidinRed420
02-24-2006, 11:06 AM
you got a ticket if you got a summons. next time practice what your mom told you..............................................n ever talk to strangers :)

They didn't give us any tickets. I was in the ambulance, but my boyfriend said after the cop said she would either summons us to court or whatever she decides to do by mail in a couple days. I thought it was really weird though because she never asked my address... and I didn't have and ID on me so I dont know how she would mail me?

I think she was a little shocked that she caught us... I sure was!

4punksdad
02-25-2006, 10:14 PM
well................you can pay fines and tickets...........you cant buy a new foot. No great loss. Running from the cops can be a felony however. Loss of voting rights and loss of rights to own a firearm. Not worth it in most cases. If you are gonna run from them, you had better be sure you can get away. If you don't get away, be prepared to pay the price with no crying. Just my antique opinion. :)

IOWAracer
02-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Ive been chased once by the cops and getting away is easy as pie lets jsut say cop cars dotn like terasis (SP):macho

RidinRed420
02-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by IOWAracer
Ive been chased once by the cops and getting away is easy as pie lets jsut say cop cars dotn like terasis (SP):macho

It is def easy to get away.... been there...done that... and I was sure I could do it again this time, but **** happens. I made one mistake... I was going wayyyy too fast! I should have been goin like 5mph to make sure I didn't crash... I know she wouldnt have ran me off the road.. or shot at me... and I would have been gaurenteed to get away crash free... Either that or go head on with her and go back onto the trail...

Oh yea and runnin from the cops on a rec veh. in MA is a 50$ fine.... No big deal... far from a felony... not even criminal. The big trouble I'm in is operating a rec. veh on a public way.... which is a criminal charge and I would have been charged with anyways, regardless if I ran or not...

440_Turtle
03-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Just had my worst crash this weekend. Me and a buddy were coming out of the woods getting ready to hit a long straight gravel road. Well i was in front doing about 60 or so when i looked up and saw a cable across the road abotu 30 yards in front of me. I locked up my rears..still not enough, then hit the fronts and when i did that i turned to teh left to try and avoid the cable. Well the bike started to roll and i seperated from teh bike and went end ove end about 5 time catching teh cable across my back, luckily i pulled the I-bolt that held one side of teh cable into teh tree out but not before i flew about 60 feet. Well the bike was fine it went over 2x but i had to be taken to teh ER. I couldnt move my right leg without screaming and my back seemed like it was on fire. Well long story short. i have a severe muscle strain in my right thigh/groin and a huge bruise across my back. luckily i had my helment on cause it was ***ED up. Had some huge gouges and cuts from teh gravel. but thats my story

VInce

94F450SD
03-03-2006, 09:03 PM
well it wasnt me but i almost ended up in the wreck.me a 3 buddies went for a snow ride last night.the leader is a better rider than me and the one guy.we went through another friends yard to hit the woods.well the first rider went over a deep rut with no problem.my other buddy in front of me hit the rut and went over the bars.i was like OH ****!!!i slammed on the rear brakes and grabbed the front brakes and clutch.ended up sideways onthe trail about 12 inches from hitting his bike.he hasnt been on a bike in years and just bought a raptor 660r.rider #4 almost ended up in the back of me when i jammed on the brakes.

rider #2 broke his throttle lever,bent a tie rod,bent the rim,bent the bars,flipped all the controls on the bars and hurt his chest and got a few good scratches on his brand new helmet he just bought the night before.we got him out of the hole he was in and straightened out the controls and he drove it away.we were all laughing our asses off while straightening the controls.his new nickname is gonna be "crash".this guy is 6'4" 300 pounds.

94F450SD
03-04-2006, 07:35 PM
heres the pictures

94F450SD
03-04-2006, 07:35 PM
another

94F450SD
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
last one

Flyin-Low
03-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Well, me and my buddies were ridin some road to the trails on one HOT day, as were are cruisin down the road at bout 50 we decide to take our helmets off just to cool our heads. As we come to the corner, we slap on our helmets and take the corner. As we were driving down this road, i decide to try and throw a roost in the loose gravel on the side of the road... long story short, it didnt throw a roost. I ended up catching traction while sideways.. skidding onto the road adn then having my quad roll. As for me i face planted at 50.. as soon as i hit the road i was knocked out. I completely forgot the whole day. But since i was riding a honda, nothing but the stearing stem got bent or damaged :devil:

The shoulder peice on my chest protector was completely worn through from sliding down the road.. i could jsut imagine what my shoulder would have looked like without it..

Flyin-Low
03-12-2006, 08:04 PM
ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!!! :mad:

WHLNWGN
03-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Wow, for me the worst crash I've seen was this weekend.

Me and three buddies, one of which posts here were out ridin this new spot near Marysville Ca. Well long story short. We were all heading up this road that kinda goes through the park, and we were haulin balls, 4 wide up the road, all of us in 5th gear near redline, when we approach a pretty good dogleg right, well three of us made the turn, and my buddy who posts here(can't remember his screen name) did not. He ended up leaving the road at about 50mph or so, and straight into a old barbed wire fence. Ripped his neck open with scratches from his left ear to his adams apple, tore his glove off his hand, and ripped up his gear pretty good. We were all helmeted, and gear'd to the max with protection. His neck got infected a little, and now he's at home on a IV drip and taking meds. His bike was still ridable(450R) after the crash, with a bent front left everything. "Renthals kick arse" he said when he noticed they weren't bent.

Scariest sh1t I had seen in a while, especially becuase I could not freak out because we did not want him to freak, so we kinda all stood there silent for a few minutes in shock at what just happened. All he kept asking about was his neck.

He is doing good though and is resting and healing.

Always remember to wear your helmets and, don't skimp on protective gear, his gear pretty much kept his head attached.

rancher 350 kid
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
i was at a poker run and i was in like 3rd pinned and my front washed out and this ktm 600 ran me over also i was ridin and my friend nick was follwing i was just puttin and my front washed out and he was like second pinned and his front disk hit my back and i broke my tailbone

430exer
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I fliped a 220 bayou over 20 times down a hill climb one time. I totalled it. broke the racks, handle bars, plastic, axle, and the rear rims

hondamanex400
03-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I personally have only had very little incidents, thank God, even though I ride my 400ex like i jest stole it. but my best friend, Austin, has a pretty good crash. Just last year, (our senior year) we got out of school early the last day of school, so we decide to go riding at his house. When I say "his house", I mean his land, his neighbors land, the guy down the street's, etc... So after a hard day of having fun before we graduate, we were a half mile down the road from his house, so we decide to just get on the road and ride back. well, earlier in the day, at this same spot, Austin came out of the field onto the road, and rode a wheelie through 4th gear on his KX 125. So he decides to do it again. when he pulled back, his feet slipped off of the pegs, and so his ***** slid off of the seat. but he did manage to hold onto the bars, while he was being dragged at about 35mph but his hand still had hold of the throtle. finally, he started drifting towards fence that runs parrallel to the road, then stops. sitting next to the fence after it stops is a 94 f-150. So Austin finally lets go of the bars once he knows he cant save it. He hits the blacktop pretty hard, and the KX's bars clip the front corner of the truck. So he rides w/ me back to his house, and i drive him to the hospital. Well, after 3 hrs in the hospital, he broke his left arm, tore the mussle/cartladge between his thumb and index finger on his right hand, and also had 4 deep scratches from his wrist to his elbow on the same hand. So at graduation, he was in a cast, and a splint.

94F450SD
03-26-2006, 06:32 PM
well i had my first good wreck today.i was following 2 friends through some trails.was moveing along pretty good in 3rd gear about 3/4 throttle/maybe a little less.i was bouncing off trees with the nerf bars and new i should have slowed down.well a tree just jumped out in front of me.it got my left front wheel.almost put me over the bars.it spun me right around into more trees,i bent my throttle thumb back,mustve touched my wrist or came close to it.hurt my hip.i tore a good size chunk out of the tree.got a big chunk stuck in the wheel.bent the tie rod.ill have some pictures of the quad tomorrow.:D :D

94F450SD
03-27-2006, 08:14 AM
here the chunk of tree

94F450SD
03-27-2006, 08:15 AM
probably cant see it but heres the bent tie rod