PDA

View Full Version : What does a spacer plate mean??

hondardr4life
12-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok, I am looking at this one 250r that a guy got in a trade, he said that the guy who traded him never really was specific about what is done to the motor. All he knows is that it was built by Hetricks, its ported and polished, and it has a spacer plate. He says he thinks its a stroker crank because of the plate, and I have heard that from other people too. That would lead me to assume that its a +4mm stroker, which would make it a 265, right?? Now those are all just assumptions, I am going to try to get the numbers off the motor or the guys name who he got the 250r off of and, I will call up Hetricks and see if they could tell me whats done to it.

hondardr4life
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Bump, someones gotta know.. I am relatively new to 250r's so I would liek to leard as much as possible about them.

wvspeedfreak
12-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Just because it has a spacer plate under the cylinder doesn't necessarily mean it is a stroker.Alot of people use an '86 style piston(which was a short rod piston)in a later engine '88-'89 style(which was a long rod engine).When doing this you needed to use a spacer plate so the piston would'nt come up out of the bore.The reason people do this is for increased crankcase volume and a little better bottom end power.
I hope this helped you a little.

hondardr4life
12-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Ok thanks, I will look into it more. Im guessing that if its all ported and stuff and it was done by hetricks then its stroked. Hopefully that is the case.

Hondacrf15
12-22-2005, 06:17 AM
Buy the bike----Then we'll take it to Hetrick's. I'm sure Rich can tell us what he did to the motor when he looks at it. He may even remember who the original owner was. Plus it'll be fun going to Hetrick's.

hondardr4life
12-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Good call. Dad said that he will probablly spot me the extra cash I need, so thats a good thing. Hopefully I can get the 300 sold tonight and we can go look at the 250 tomorrow, I'll call you and let you know whats going on.

BLACKeR
12-22-2005, 08:50 AM
chances are its an 86 piston with the 88 long rod. its very rare to see stroked R's since the motor is already significantly undersquare. so stroking it is not worth the money. you just dont get the same performance for the $$$ as you do with a bigger bore.