PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie

TRX23rider
12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
HERE IS ONE OF ME WHEN I WAS FIRST LEARNING HOW TO RIDE WHEELIES

http://IM000457

TRX23rider
12-21-2005, 04:43 PM
NEBER MIND I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO POST PICS!

stc416rider
12-21-2005, 04:59 PM
o..k..

wolffie
12-21-2005, 06:26 PM
the kid on the left is trx23rider and im the kid on the right on the pred. by the way tim, you are gay.

B-rad D
12-21-2005, 07:03 PM
wow

yokeracer
12-21-2005, 10:02 PM
is it tough finding the balancing point? I get scared and back off the throttle, what to do?

400exrider707
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by yokeracer
is it tough finding the balancing point? I get scared and back off the throttle, what to do?

Dude just put it over backwards on purpose a few times, then you wont be scared of it anymore. It just takes practice like everything else. Next time also instead of backing off the throttle, just use the clutch, when it starts going over backwards, pull it in a little bit, should bring it back down, unless your too far!

yokeracer
12-22-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Dude just put it over backwards on purpose a few times, then you wont be scared of it anymore. It just takes practice like everything else. Next time also instead of backing off the throttle, just use the clutch, when it starts going over backwards, pull it in a little bit, should bring it back down, unless your too far!

I'm gonna try that, thanx for the info:D

ImWhite
12-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by yokeracer

yea man just know if u go back yur landin on the grab bar and it will stop u...o yea cool pic by the way,little blurry tho

TwistedWrangler
12-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Rather than pulling in the clutch keep your foot on the brake. A little drag makes it real easy and if you feel like you are going over hit the brake. As far as putting it on the grab rail that is good advice. When I first learned to do wheelies that is how I was taught and it works well, you can go alot further back than you thin before going over. It is also easier to learn to do wheelies when standing up. Good luck!

400EXtreme
12-22-2005, 12:53 PM
try it this way put ur foot on the grab bar then ur other on the brake..its a very easy way to find the balance point. Nd if u gotofar u can hit the brakes or back off. But remember the slower u go the more vertical the balance point will b

B-rad D
12-22-2005, 03:17 PM
go to the sand, its way easy

trx400exxracer
12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by TwistedWrangler
Rather than pulling in the clutch keep your foot on the brake. A little drag makes it real easy and if you feel like you are going over hit the brake. As far as putting it on the grab rail that is good advice. When I first learned to do wheelies that is how I was taught and it works well, you can go alot further back than you thin before going over. It is also easier to learn to do wheelies when standing up. Good luck!

I agree accept for putting your foot on the grab bar, some people could get thier foot stuck in the grab bar and it is not to pretty.

I would also get a longer grab bar

just keep your foot on the brake

I like to do wheelies while in 3rd gear and standing and jab the throttle and quick shift my body weight and that ussually gets the quad up

:macho

2006-400ex
12-23-2005, 10:22 AM
just practice riding small wheelies and build up to riding longer ones.. i did this for a day or 2and i can ride them now pretty much far as i want on the rode

wolffie
12-23-2005, 01:43 PM
yeah you'e gott watch putting your foot on the grab bar. i came back to far once, and i got my shoe caught in the grab bar. lets just say i had some real "skid marks" lol. yeah it wasnt to fun.

Elyk
12-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I found this method yesterday at supertition while on my 400... Stall on a very steep hill and let the clutch out very fast and gas it.:D

400exrider707
12-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
try it this way put ur foot on the grab bar then ur other on the brake..its a very easy way to find the balance point. Nd if u gotofar u can hit the brakes or back off. But remember the slower u go the more vertical the balance point will b

Thats the lame way to do wheelies. I really dont even consider that a wheelie anymore:rolleyes:

But yeah the rear brakes is a good point too, I usually do all three, brake, clutch, and throttle.

400EXtreme
12-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Thats the lame way to do wheelies. I really dont even consider that a wheelie anymore:rolleyes:

But yeah the rear brakes is a good point too, I usually do all three, brake, clutch, and throttle. Yes, But my point was to show him an easy way to find the balance point.

yokeracer
12-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh YEaH!!

I got bored so I took out the bike to practice some wheelies in front of my house.

Damn it, I was doing good. Even got it onto the grabbar, scrapping and rolling, hittin the brake, poppin back up and continuing on.:devil: Ridin for a ways. Still have to find that point, lil more practice. But the fear is gone.....

Then the cops came. Busted my lil bubble.:ermm: Can't even ride on my street, someone called in on me. Not just me, someone else by me has one and acts a damn fool on it too.

I can wheelies now:blah:

Jakeyracer
12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
my friend has a z-400 and he puts his left foots toes on the grab bar wit his right on the brake u r almost garenteed to not get ur foot stuck and if u happen to bring it back to far u can jump out of harms way(not suggested in wooded areas or tight fields) when he first got it he brought it back to far and forgot to let go of the handle bars he was fine but his helmet took a hit on the gas tank and was soon replaced