PDA

View Full Version : Needed to get Big Bore Kit

Nasty1332
12-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Ok please hang with me, when I ask this question I hope you take into consideration that im in the learning stage on my honda 400ex, and anything mecanical at that matter.

Ok I bought a Honda 400ex 2001 used, and the motor is all stock.

I was told I should have it re-done. But I would like to upgrade to 440.

What would I all need to do this, and about how much would it cost me. Also with whatever I need, will this "re-do" it? I was told I should get topend gasket kit, thats all I can remember.

Thanks in advance, sorry for my stupidity, just trying to learn.

hawaiiansupaman
12-21-2005, 02:56 PM
you might wanna consider going 416 or 426 before going right into a 440. its cheaper to go bigger than to try to go smaller. it takes alot to make a 440 reliable also............

you would need piston, bore & hone the cylinder gaskets and you would like to get a cam also. thats really it/

knelson
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
I think you would be happier with the 426cc kit ,It revs allot faster and pulls allot harder than stock and you would still be able to bore larger if wanted later.
With the 426 all you have to do is have your stock sleeve bored out,and install a 88mm piston.
the list of things to get goes as follows:

You will have to call your local machine shops in town and find some one to bore your cylinder usually around $40.00

88mm J.E. piston, rings, and circlips about $120.00

HotCams stage 2 (might as well while your in there) I think you can find them for about $120.00 also.

Cometic gasket topend kit I think they are about $40.00

That should get you some decent power gains for minimal amount of money about $320.00-$350.00. Of course you will want to get a K@n air filter and at least a aftermarket silencer. You will have to rejet your bike after any of these mods but your local bike shop should have jets. May I also suggest a SHOP manual for your bike also (this needs to be the first item you purchase)

trx400exxracer
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
you might not want to bore it out but I heard that the GT thunder 406 kits were pretty nice (i think it was GT thunder):confused:

400EX QUADER
12-21-2005, 06:19 PM
JE 10:8:1 416 piston kit, a cometic thin flexsteep topend gasket kit thats 89mm and a hotcam stage 3 or the old stage 2. then take the piston to a machine shop and have them use that to bore ur cylinder the right size. you could also buy a fcr 39mm carb which is nice and a full exhaust with a k&n airfilter. Just depends on how much $ you got. whatever you buy, buy it from the guy in my signature and say cory with the 400ex sent ya...