PDA

View Full Version : Subaru WRX's

Atreyu
12-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone know anything about WRX's? Im looking to trade my car in and buy one. I found and all black 2002 with 83,000 mi for $9000. Its in pretty good shape and runs good. What I'm wondering is how long do these cars last? Is 83000 miles too much?

honda400ex68b
12-21-2005, 03:27 PM
not sure with the wrx's, i would say the miles might be high according to kelley blue book, but if they are like all the other subaru's, we have a 1996 legacy with 186,000 and plan on running it as long as possible, 83,000 would not be broken in yet. just replaced a starter, alternator, and just brakes, tires, and the usual maintanence stuff. look at the cv joints and boots for cracks and listen for unusual noises.

DEAL
12-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Miles are too high .. don't bother.
Subarus have enough problems as it is, and the parts aren't cheap.

DEAL
12-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex68b
not sure with the wrx's, i would say the miles might be high according to kelley blue book, but if they are like all the other subaru's, we have a 1996 legacy with 186,000 and plan on running it as long as possible, 83,000 would not be broken in yet. just replaced a starter, alternator, and just brakes, tires, and the usual maintanence stuff. look at the cv joints and boots for cracks and listen for unusual noises.

I'd say your VERY lucky thats all you got away with after 186,000 miles on a Subaru.

T.Hopp
12-21-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm sure you know their popularity w/ the Rally Race crowd. If you drive it that way it won't last. Two guys in the neighborhood both had one. One had some motor work done (invested about $5000) and blew the tranny. The other had nothing done (stock) and blew the motor trying to keep up with the other.
Subarus are usually pretty reliable but with it being the WRX, I would have someone who knows what their looking at take a look. Not many people would buy a car like that and not run it like its stolen.
Subaru Outback wagons are very popular w/ the kayak crowd (notice the commercials) Many of my friends have them and put tons of miles on them with no issues.

honda400ex68b
12-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
I'd say your VERY lucky thats all you got away with after 186,000 miles on a Subaru.

you're crazy!!! very lucky that i got away with that many miles on a subaru. me and everyone else that owns one. we dont run it like an idiot. everyday driver for 6 years now, and going to buy another one after i trade my toyota truck in. motor was junk after only 40,000 miles. luckily it was still under factory warranty. never another toyota. GO SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!