PDA

View Full Version : took 250ex carb apart and now have problems...help

ryanh250ex
12-21-2005, 11:55 AM
ok so i've taken the carb apart a half dozen times before, i've never had a problem.

i have ridden this quad maybe 5 times in the last year.

so i drag it out of my trailer for the 1st time in 6 months, the tires are flat, the battery is dead, etc etc.

jump start & charge the battery....cranks, but no go...

pull the spark plug, looked to be toast, new plug w/ carb cleaner in the head, ran briefly, but dies, so no go.

i was getting flustered, so i gave up for the day. i figured it was a fuel problem.

today, i pull the carb and remove the choke assembly on the exterior of the carb. i clean all the varnish on the inside. put it back together, exceipt for one part- the throttle cable/ jet needle. i cant seem to get it to slide all the way down! i've done this a million times before, never ran across a problem. i know it has to be at a certain point in order for it to slide down all the way and the throttle to work properly , and i swear i'm getting it at that point, but it feels like it's not going as far down as it's supposed to. is there something it could be getting caught on?

also, i cant seem to figure out how the choke assembly goes on again. anybody got a pic?

thanks,
Ryan

ryanh250ex
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM
nevermind, i got both things figured out

coolex
05-05-2006, 05:53 PM
well thats good i have a picture of both of them

but now i need help on my 250ex

my carb was cutting out alot so i took it of of my 2003 250ex to clean it and i noticed that there are 3 holes but only 2 of them have something in them it is like a rod or something i was wondering if i was missing on or not thanks and try to ignore my carb model lol

the picture says" is that one supposed to be empty"