PDA

View Full Version : L.B.L., first trip for new yrs.

chad cavagnaro
12-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I am planning a trip to lbl 3 days for new yrs weekend. i've done some searching in this forum and found some negative comments on how it is getting real strict. i don't want to spend $400.oo and 5 hr. drive on a atv trip only to be choked out by the authori-ties on where, when, and how i can ride!! mainly i just want to do some fast trail riding! not interested in mudd'n or dragg'n. do you think it'l be worth it. if youv'e been there lately i would appricate some input.
oh, if anyone plans on being there, we are going to stay in the wranglers campground.
also thinking of going to hwy 143 offroad pk. on thursday the 29th on the way to LBL then going up to LBL on fri.
sound off!!!
chad c.:macho

12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I have been too both places. My favorite is LBL but I dont like the cold weather. I routinely used to go to LBL in the spring, summer, and fall before the people who were running it posted speed limits EVEYRHWERE and not just that but rediculous limits like 10MPH in all the fields,. do you know how slow 10mph is? REALLY SLOW and they do enforce it and write tickets. Other then that the place is great and ill prob., still go back but just not as much. 143 offroad park was still making trails when i was there last and I only rode one trail they had which wa slike a 12 mile loop or something and I rode it with some people who race off this site who race. Good place and may just be all you need if itys closer to you then LBL. the rules are very lax at 143 and that means alot to me

chad cavagnaro
12-22-2005, 04:46 PM
thanks mike for the responce. i'll propably decide to go to both, like i mentioned. love the cold rides, myself, but i dont get the cold weather u do!! 48 to 60 is perfect. keep haul'n *** and build up bodyheat!! later, chad c.

markk
12-26-2005, 01:41 AM
I happen to liek LBL alot bettter than St Joe, Or The Badlands in Attica IN.

LBL has trails for the underskilled riders to the highly skilled riders, and a couple of hills that you wouldnt even think where possible to climb.

Now there is a place to ride about 15-25 miles from LBL Called Patties Bluff. We went there last year and the place was brand new! The grounds where really nice, But there where still in the process of blazing some new trails. The place should be pretty nice by now!!! It might be worth checking out!

gonenbroke
01-01-2006, 06:35 PM
i went to paddies bluff like 3 r 4 months ago but it was muddy and i got lost but if its dry its kick @ss