PDA

View Full Version : PEP shocks

ATV Hammond
12-21-2005, 07:03 AM
I have a Honda TRX450R on PEP shocks does anyone else here run on the them if so do you think they are any better them the other top make of shocks on the market

KRMit
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
A couple of the top racers around here run PEP and are very satisfied with them. I know Baldwin will build PEPs specifically to you and your bike. I was asked everything from my weight to what kind of tires I ran. Companies like Elka have a pretty generic chart they go by in comparison. Mark is actually in the process of finishing up the new linkage. I should have my stuff in a couple weeks then I can give you a review.

Airik79mx
12-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I have PEP's and ya I think they feel alittle better than some others. Like said above I think they just come so dialed in just for you.

Hondacrf15
12-21-2005, 04:56 PM
PEP's from Baldwin's are the best shock you can have, in my opinion. I have riden Axis as well on a 250r and they were very nice, however I liked my PEP's better. I've had 2 prior sets on a CRF and an old built 400EX. I now have a full set of zps's being made for the 450r by Mark Baldwin. You get alot of testing and a ton of knowledge when you buy from Mark. Mark and Wayne made a set of PEP for my son's old TRX90. They were so cool. Only ones I ever knew about for a 90.

Ridin' Jesse
12-21-2005, 07:41 PM
IMO PEP feel the plushest. Ive ridden Axis, Elka, and PEP, and i think that PEP is the best. There isnt any MAJOR differences in the manufacturing that would make one better or worse..the thing is having them dialed in perfectly makes the difference.