12-21-2005, 03:20 AM
wot is the best way to enter a jump and wot do i do in the air

thax

:D

12-21-2005, 11:15 AM
coming up to a jump u should be standing with your body low

WOOLIN
12-21-2005, 02:47 PM
If you were ment to fly God would have given you wings!

450r51
12-21-2005, 06:03 PM
HOLD ON THERE BUDDY. first off dont listen to anything that blue450yo says. the kid is mentally challenged. plz even if he is right do not take his advice.

12-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
HOLD ON THERE BUDDY. first off dont listen to anything that blue450yo says. the kid is mentally challenged. plz even if he is right do not take his advice.

lmfao

CannondaleRider
12-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
coming up to a jump u should be standing with your body low

At least you get a few things somewhat right:rolleyes:

------------------------

Be centered on the bike(usually...it all depends on the jump)

When your coming off the face of the jump, whatever you do, DO NOT let off the gas. If you let off, it'll kick your ***** really hard and the bike will nose down.

Keep a steady throttle throughout the launch, or steady till you hit the face, then open it up..never let off.

Once your airborne, theres a few things you can do for control. Obviously, the normal leaning will apply. But, you can do a few extra things; if your front end drops, lean back, and pin it. The inertia of your rear tires will get the front end up, and if you have time, you can shift up before pinning it, which will allow the tires to spin faster, and it will work even better. Same goes for going front end high, you can lean forward, and if you have the ability, and the time, pull in the clutch and jab the rear brakes(not apply a little, JAB them), the rear tires will stop, and will bring the front end down. Grabbing the front brakes will do the same thing, but not even close to as well. You can also turn your front tires in the air and it will bring the front end down...it will turn the bike a little also.

When landing, land rear tires first. Not by a lot, but just a little nose high. Unless your landing a double, tabletop, stepdown, etc. that has a landing ramp, then you want to land about equal(again, all depends on the circumstances) Land standing, use your body as extra suspension, but NEVER land stiff legged, or stiff armed. Stay loose, but not loose enough to not stay standing.

Also, land hard on the gas, if its a flat landing(or some landing ramps), the front end may try to smack down, and also the rear end may try to bottom...if you land on the gas, the force of the bike accelerating will pick up your suspension and keep you from bottoming(most of the time), and allow your suspension to work to its full potential.

Anything else you wanna know?;)

JRP
12-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
At least you get a few things somewhat right:rolleyes:

------------------------

Be centered on the bike(usually...it all depends on the jump)

When your coming off the face of the jump, whatever you do, DO NOT let off the gas. If you let off, it'll kick your ***** really hard and the bike will nose down.

Keep a steady throttle throughout the launch, or steady till you hit the face, then open it up..never let off.

Once your airborne, theres a few things you can do for control. Obviously, the normal leaning will apply. But, you can do a few extra things; if your front end drops, lean back, and pin it. The inertia of your rear tires will get the front end up, and if you have time, you can shift up before pinning it, which will allow the tires to spin faster, and it will work even better. Same goes for going front end high, you can lean forward, and if you have the ability, and the time, pull in the clutch and jab the rear brakes(not apply a little, JAB them), the rear tires will stop, and will bring the front end down. Grabbing the front brakes will do the same thing, but not even close to as well. You can also turn your front tires in the air and it will bring the front end down...it will turn the bike a little also.

When landing, land rear tires first. Not by a lot, but just a little nose high. Unless your landing a double, tabletop, stepdown, etc. that has a landing ramp, then you want to land about equal(again, all depends on the circumstances) Land standing, use your body as extra suspension, but NEVER land stiff legged, or stiff armed. Stay loose, but not loose enough to not stay standing.

Also, land hard on the gas, if its a flat landing(or some landing ramps), the front end may try to smack down, and also the rear end may try to bottom...if you land on the gas, the force of the bike accelerating will pick up your suspension and keep you from bottoming(most of the time), and allow your suspension to work to its full potential.

Anything else you wanna know?;)

that cover it.. lol..:p

xx3003xrdrxx
12-21-2005, 07:29 PM
you the man ! :macho :devil:

ATV Hammond
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM
thanks for the info

i bet you guys jump realy high, will the shocks on your quad hold out and not get damaged

any help will be greatfull

thanks
:)

CannondaleRider
12-22-2005, 01:47 PM
What kind of quad do you ride?

Most stock quads will handle higher jumps then most would think...if jumped correctly.

But obviously, there is a limit

12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
450r51 i bet your scarred to jump. well if u do jump i hope the hell u dont stay sittin down.:rolleyes:

CannondaleRider
12-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by blue450yo
450r51 i bet your scarred to jump. well if u do jump i hope the hell u dont stay sittin down.:rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about?:huh

Did he say anything about staying sitting down?

jgracing
12-22-2005, 10:35 PM
just learn your quad.. hit a couple small table tops standing up and it will all come natural this damn computer aint gonna help anyone jump

450r51
12-22-2005, 11:23 PM
all i have to say is blue450yo ur the one who sits on it:eek2:

and if u wanna talk smack to a kid whos shocks cost more then all the after market parts on ur quad, keep talking. and plust u dont even race and yet u have numbers!! and beleive me i know how to jump, have u ever done a 85ft double, NO u havent.

jgracing
12-23-2005, 08:23 AM
HAHA.... you can always seat bounce... but thats a different story i wouldnt advise you to try for a few years

Nick110
12-24-2005, 02:41 PM

and if u wanna talk smack to a kid whos shocks cost more then all the after market parts on ur quad, keep talking. and plust u dont even race and yet u have numbers!! and beleive me i know how to jump, have u ever done a 85ft double, NO u havent.

he should be kicked off of the site and not Blue450yo. all 450r51 does is critisize people and make fun of them. i bet if we really saw him he would suck .:eek2:

400exrider36
12-24-2005, 09:24 PM
ooo wow a 85ft double. see, its no use to critisize. everyone has their own skill level. i dont wanna get into anything here so just a word of advise;)

12-24-2005, 09:40 PM

ooo dont u feel lucky.:rolleyes: