PDA

View Full Version : Which cam for XC? Sparks Aggressive, or HotCams II?

Honda
12-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Sparks Aggressive

Hot Cams Stage II

or Insert your pick?

Shawn H
12-21-2005, 04:53 PM
HRC:cool:

Honda
12-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I have the HRC already, looking for a little more bottom.

Thanks for the reply though!

hardkoratvmxr
12-21-2005, 10:17 PM
i siad other because you wanted more bottom end which would be hotcam stage 1

Rico
12-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Honda
I have the HRC already, looking for a little more bottom.

Thanks for the reply though!

You've got the best drop in cam made and your not happy with it...:huh Is the HRC copy cam or a true HRC cam??

stage 2 has no bottem compared to the HRC. I can't speak for the sparks besides it probably being pretty equal to the HRC.

Leave it alone and learn to ride better would be my only suggestion. My HRC cam has PLENTY of bottom end for me and I do nothing but XC riding.

bwamos
12-22-2005, 09:07 AM
I have the sparks agressive on my 300ex. It's a mid-top end cam as well.

I'd say your best bet for increasing your bottom end would be to put in a higher compression piston which should gove you more power everywhere without the cost of a stroker.

Honda
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd say your best bet for increasing your bottom end would be to put in a higher compression piston which should gove you more power everywhere without the cost of a stroker.

Yea, I have been considering that also. maybe that is what I am looking for, bet the cam would work much better as well!

By the way, a popular engine builder told me that the HRC lacked any good low end power, said it was a top end cam.

I do have the real HRC cam, not a copy.

Leave it alone and learn to ride better would be my only suggestion. My HRC cam has PLENTY of bottom end for me and I do nothing but XC riding.

:rolleyes: LMAO!!!

You would be suprised Bud!

MXRACER86
12-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Try changing your gearing a little bit, Try a smaller front sprocket!

Honda
12-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Try changing your gearing a little bit, Try a smaller front sprocket!

Already running a 13-40 combo. yes it did help, but i would like to go back to a 14 -40 once I get some more grunt out of her.

I just got a full pipe and Sparks filter, so that should help out a lot. Maybe just do a piston at this point? Well see.......

:devil:

Dave400ex
12-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Call up Baldwin and check out his XC cam, like the Project 450R has. It maybe what your looking for.