PDA

View Full Version : team suzuki not racing on stock shocks

ThumPIN_450R
12-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I just read on another atv site the team suzuki signed with fox racing shocks for the 06 season. I guess that throws racing the stock suspension out window huh?

bradley300
12-21-2005, 06:44 AM
big suprise! i sure didnt expect them to

bwamos
12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
In my opinion... Thank God!
Stock suspension is "even if it's race ready" going to be setup for an all-around agressive recrational valving/springs at best. It only makes sense. Even the "race ready" dirtbikes require a revalve/respring to be truly competitive.

I'd rather see them eat up the track on a 80% stock quad than come in 10th on a 100% stock quad. ;)

I still think the stockers will be a great revalve/resprung setup with a ZPS system. No need to spend $1000 on a LT front end. ;)

Even at that, I think the stock suspension will probably be way more than enough for 90% of the riders out there. (non-racers)

I also think the LT will be great for the sport. For $1500 you could have a damn nice race quad, IMHO.

hsr
12-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Will they be running stock a-arms or no?

bwamos
12-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm sure they will.
Proper length, and already setup for LT. Also have good press-in ball joints.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. If they don't it would be for weight (chormoly), and Suzuki would probably make them for them. Though weight savings would be minimal on a-arms. I would also assume they would be running final test prototypes for R&D for the next year's improvments (at least on the test/practice quad).

ill_lil_romey
12-21-2005, 03:00 PM
That press release was a surprise! I don't expect they will race stock arms either, just an assumption though. For most guys the stock shocks with a revalve and change of springs will probably be good.

KILLSWITCHngage
12-21-2005, 08:45 PM
They are sponsored by Roll Design, think they still have them sponsoring in 06' bet they wont be on stock A arms. Or stock anything on the LT, their bikes will probly have all aftermarket parts and wont be nothing like the stocker.

jdwxv3
12-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Yea they called the 450R and the YFZ race ready to. I figured they would go with after market shocks

Dale512
12-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Killswitch, Suzuki ran Walsh the entire 2005 season and probably will do so again in 2006.

DEAL
12-22-2005, 07:01 AM
It will be Walsh.

MXRACER86
12-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Don't forget that they get paid to run this stuff! Im sure the stock suspesion is great! But If someone offered you a good amount of money to run "Fox Air Shocks" you would! Don't forget people, It's still a money game!

ThumPIN_450R
12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
Don't forget that they get paid to run this stuff! Im sure the stock suspesion is great! But If someone offered you a good amount of money to run "Fox Air Shocks" you would! Don't forget people, It's still a money game!

That is true but I'm also sure that no amount of money will convince one of those top pros to race something they don't think they can win on.

ck450r
12-22-2005, 10:07 PM
lets not forget who pays them to be a full time racer. If suzuki tells them to race stock they would. All the aftermarket companies combined dont even come close to paying them what suzuki does.

jdwxv3
12-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by ck450r
lets not forget who pays them to be a full time racer. If suzuki tells them to race stock they would. All the aftermarket companies combined dont even come close to paying them what suzuki does.

Oh yea, How much do they make from Suzuki I might check into letting them sponser me:eek2:

Ridin' Jesse
12-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by hsr
Will they be running stock a-arms or no?

I think they will just LOOK stock. They will probably make them look exactly like stock, but will be far from stock. Maybe reinforced to be stronger and things like that.

12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
this whole thing is not sounding good.

all i heard for months and months was........Gust is racing the new Suzuki completely stock!!! over and over and over. I even read posts from Gust's GF on here about how it was definately going to be a stock quad.

what a pile of B.S.. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves.

KILLSWITCHngage
12-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I gess Gust was with RollDesign year before last then.

450r51
12-24-2005, 09:27 AM
suzuki signed with roll design and fox racing shox, so they will be running them. and did u guys really think they would be running them stock... wow!

Dale512
12-24-2005, 09:47 AM
I didn't heard anything about them signing with Roll again this year, just FOX....maybe they will be using Roll again this year, but until I hear anything concrete I'll just expect to see them riding Walsh again.

12-24-2005, 11:30 AM
You kno what I dont get, Why would Gust race with stock suspension anyways when he was sponsored by elka and all that other crap. It just wouldnt make any sense. Dont you agree?

Dale512
12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Well really with the Rags out there spreading false rumors about them racing the bikes completely stock, the whole thing got blown way out of proportion. Remember Suzuki nor anybody that can officially speak for Suzuki came out and said they bikes would be raced stock.

TWISTED
12-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Does it really matter what they run??? I just can't wait to see one on a showroom and then on a track with everything else. I gotta feeling that the other brands will be chasing this beast!!!

12-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Yea true, I put my order in 5 months ago for one of these bad boys. lol Hopefully they are something good cuz Ive been needin more power for way too long.

hsr
12-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by force

all i heard for months and months was........Gust is racing the new Suzuki completely stock!!! over and over and over. I even read posts from Gust's GF on here about how it was definately going to be a stock quad.

Yeah i hear ya...nuttin but a sales pitch, that's all.

TWISTED
12-25-2005, 02:46 PM
We'll soon see how good the pitch is. Alot of people are gonna be very suprised just how good this machine will be, especially when it's in some very capable hands!!!

Hawk III
12-25-2005, 03:22 PM

where and the hell did she (cindy) ever say they were going to race the quads stock? No one including cindy ever said anything about them actually racing them stock....just quote her from another thread or something.....and why would you give a rats *** if they were stock or not?

z400ACDC
12-26-2005, 07:11 AM
No one that knew what they were talking about said that Suzuki would race a stock quad!!!!! It is the only 06 quad that would have the best results IMO. I bet the stock classes will be full of Suzuki's by mid-season!

popo
12-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
I bet the stock classes will be full of Suzuki's by mid-season!

Maybe GNC not GNCC because Zuki sold them self short.

z400ACDC
12-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by popo
Maybe GNC not GNCC because Zuki sold them self short.
If you change out the off-set rear hubs and add 1-4 wheels in the front you will get the width down to gncc race ready, but that may not be allowed in a stock class. I think it will be a great pro quad.

12-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Hawk III
where and the hell did she (cindy) ever say they were going to race the quads stock? No one including cindy ever said anything about them actually racing them stock....just quote her from another thread or something.....and why would you give a rats *** if they were stock or not?

here is one quote from the "Will Doug and Jeremiah race them stock" thread. Certainly makes you think they're going to run them stock....

"Walk my Talk! Ok you misunderstood my post. I said will they run them 100% stock NO, was being a smartbutt. Some do not consider adding only nerfs and a kill as stock but most are posting that they can't run stock because they have to run nerfs and a kill. EVERYBODY knows that they have to add nerfs and a kill to be leagal. See my point. I didn't state if they were testing or what they were testing that is nobody's business but theirs and we will all find out at the first outdoor as I posted earlier. Everybody knows that they have to test the bike one way or another stock or not stock. Now what they do to the bike or how they test the bike is their business. I simply stated what everyone knows. They have to add nerfs and a kill. There are things that go on when testing a bike that they do not want the world to know until it is time. So for you telling me to walk my talk, I am walking my talk. I don't let the world know what they are doing that my friend is part of factory racing. Keeping things quite. "

here she is again in the same thread.....backing down on what she said earlier...

"The stock shocks are still great shocks. Doug loves the stock shocks and said the shocks are as good as his Z-400 race bikes. As for them going to Fox, that was their business not mine but it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the stock shocks.

Anyone can think whatever they want about the bike or what they are doing with the bike. The fact is the stock LTR is the best stock quad out there and it can be raced 100% stock and be very competitive. "

There's your quotes. And another thing, I don't give a rat's arse what they run. I could care less!!! There aren't any other pros running stock quads. I have no doubt the new Suzuki will be a great machine. There is no question. The reason I'm upset is because this forum has been connected to the B.S. fudge factory, and as been receiving a constant supply for months. I'm sick of B.S. fudge. And, now we're starting to find out that the fudge is actually not fudge. It's really excrement that has been processed to look and taste like fudge.

We all know there is a major difference between typical pro quads and stock quads. And to say the Suzuki will be raced stock, theoretically puts the Suzuki miles ahead of the competition. We all know this will not be the case. Everything is false advertised. You cannot trust anything anyone says. I have to go puke now. Had too much fudge for the holidays.

z400ACDC
12-27-2005, 02:13 PM
At the time of Cindi's post, she could not confirm any deal with Fox because of contrack issues. You guys have to understand that people that know can't always tell what they know;) If we told you all that we know, when we knew it, WE would be in troulble! Ya know what I mean!:macho

Hawk III
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
here is one quote from the "Will Doug and Jeremiah race them stock" thread. Certainly makes you think they're going to run them stock....

"Walk my Talk! Ok you misunderstood my post. I said will they run them 100% stock NO, was being a smartbutt. Some do not consider adding only nerfs and a kill as stock but most are posting that they can't run stock because they have to run nerfs and a kill. EVERYBODY knows that they have to add nerfs and a kill to be leagal. See my point. I didn't state if they were testing or what they were testing that is nobody's business but theirs and we will all find out at the first outdoor as I posted earlier. Everybody knows that they have to test the bike one way or another stock or not stock. Now what they do to the bike or how they test the bike is their business. I simply stated what everyone knows. They have to add nerfs and a kill. There are things that go on when testing a bike that they do not want the world to know until it is time. So for you telling me to walk my talk, I am walking my talk. I don't let the world know what they are doing that my friend is part of factory racing. Keeping things quite. "

here she is again in the same thread.....backing down on what she said earlier...

"The stock shocks are still great shocks. Doug loves the stock shocks and said the shocks are as good as his Z-400 race bikes. As for them going to Fox, that was their business not mine but it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the stock shocks.

Anyone can think whatever they want about the bike or what they are doing with the bike. The fact is the stock LTR is the best stock quad out there and it can be raced 100% stock and be very competitive. "

There's your quotes. And another thing, I don't give a rat's arse what they run. I could care less!!! There aren't any other pros running stock quads. I have no doubt the new Suzuki will be a great machine. There is no question. The reason I'm upset is because this forum has been connected to the B.S. fudge factory, and as been receiving a constant supply for months. I'm sick of B.S. fudge. And, now we're starting to find out that the fudge is actually not fudge. It's really excrement that has been processed to look and taste like fudge.

We all know there is a major difference between typical pro quads and stock quads. And to say the Suzuki will be raced stock, theoretically puts the Suzuki miles ahead of the competition. We all know this will not be the case. Everything is false advertised. You cannot trust anything anyone says. I have to go puke now. Had too much fudge for the holidays.

ROFLZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can honestly say i just lmao for a couple of minutes on that one force :) LOL
/me makes note to self not to eat any fudge at the races ;)

12-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Hawk III
ROFLZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can honestly say i just lmao for a couple of minutes on that one force :) LOL
/me makes note to self not to eat any fudge at the races ;)

thanks, hawk.
i thought it was pretty good too.

i try to be honest and state the facts (as i know them) at all times.....while keeping it somewhat entertaining. i never try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

mxquadracer
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks, hawk.
i thought it was pretty good too.

i try to be honest and state the facts (as i know them) at all times.....while keeping it somewhat entertaining. i never try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.

Not pulling wool over anyone's eyes, by making speculations about how a bike that is un-released to the public...you're a funny man :rolleyes:

xx3003xrdrxx
12-30-2005, 11:41 AM
racing on a stock quad is a joke , remember you can take the RPM stickers off and all the support stickers off and it can still look stock;) .

Admin
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
I interviewed Doug Gust on Tuesday and here is the interview, and I asked him about the racing the Stock LT-R450

Doug Gust Interview 12/30/05 (http://www.atvriders.com/interviews/douggust2005.html)

Cindi
01-01-2006, 11:48 AM

Show me my post that I said they would DEFINATELY be stock!! You should be ashamed of yourself for starting BS with me.

It's nobody's business what the heck they do. He would run the quad stock and could win on it stock. Give me a Fricking break. Who cares what they run. Once again this is why someone like Doug will not waste his time on these forums. You guys know it all.:mad: :grr: :ermm:

I guess it is a waste of my time also.

Happy New Year ;)

Admin
01-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Cindi
Show me my post that I said they would DEFINATELY be stock!! You should be ashamed of yourself for starting BS with me.

It's nobody's business what the heck they do. He would run the quad stock and could win on it stock. Give me a Fricking break. Who cares what they run. Once again this is why someone like Doug will not waste his time on these forums. You guys know it all.:mad: :grr: :ermm:

Happy New Year ;)

Let them have it Cindi, and I agree with you. It is a shame that a few who don't really know anything act like they have all the facts and create rumors.

Also, I hope everything is going well for you and your family after the sad news that Doug shared with me.

Happy New Year :D

Cindi
01-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Let them have it Cindi, and I agree with you. It is a shame that a few who don't really know anything act like they have all the facts and create rumors.

Also, I hope everything is going well for you and your family after the sad news that Doug shared with me.

Happy New Year :D

Thank You Harlen! That means a lot.

jdwxv3
01-01-2006, 06:05 PM
:huh....So young.....So violent..... :confused:

01-01-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/interviews/douggust/douggustltr450berm.jpg

Looks pretty stock to me, more stock than other pros race quads..

Lets see, aftermarket shocks, aftermarket exhaust, p. stabilizer, tag bars, and some nerfs, some holeshots, and prolly a killswitch.....

Now I don't know if that's what he's going to be running, but if he does, thats realllly close to stock form.

Admin
01-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Alright, I cleaned up some of the arguing, and I the next person that tries to attack anything that Cindi shares will be banned because you guys should be thankful she even bothers to post.

motox450r
01-01-2006, 09:02 PM
i could really care less what doug rides or what he has on it. i care about the content of his character. being a good role model for the rest of the atv world. and by no means am i judging him, because i have never met him. i have heard a couple of rumors, but you know how mouths talk with out thinking first. it's going to be an exciting one this year too. everybody should know, that doug can't tell everything he knows. and i certainly don't have a problem with that. i just wish everybody could stay 100% healthy the whole season. only in a perfect world. good luck and best wishes to doug and the rest of the gncer's.

Punk'd
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Who cares if he is going to race stock or not.

The bottom line is hes going to kick arse weither you like it or not:)

GO GUST!

01-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Cindi

Happy New Year ;)

i apologize. and, since the admin has threatened a ban, i will not elaborate any further.

NickDavis
01-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Cindi they are all so funny.

hsr
01-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kraz
http://www.atvriders.com/interviews/douggust/douggustltr450berm.jpg

Looks pretty stock to me, more stock than other pros race quads..

Lets see, aftermarket shocks, aftermarket exhaust, p. stabilizer, tag bars, and some nerfs, some holeshots, and prolly a killswitch.....

Now I don't know if that's what he's going to be running, but if he does, thats realllly close to stock form.

I love the look of the 450 in this picture. The bare essentials, no clutter, and a clean factory look. There are no stickers pasted everywhere and no random "off the wall" colored parts. Just a nice clean-cut look. :) Makes pro atv racing look more professional from someone outside of the sport looking in.