PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mustang Mach 1

Kennethyfz450
12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Anyone seen one of these before? I got one early December and been looking at super chargers for a while. The best deal I found on one is at super charger for less dot com and was a killing 3899.00 that didn't include the injectors. I know someone knows a cheaper place that includes everything you need in order to gain some low end.

The Car looks good, and it has a shaker hood :D

Drives really good and the traction control works really good.

The car averaged out 20mpg the last 6 times we filled it up.

BUT here is the bad part it feels slow between 1-3500 rpms its so tame has no snap to it at all. Sorta reminds me of a electric RC car vs a nitro powered RC car. The mach 1 being the electric car.

So now I am looking for good cheap items to put some kick in the lower RPM range. IF you tach it out like a four banger its spinning the rubber off the tires from first to third gear.

Maybe I expected to much? Can someone share some light

I know it supposed to have more Horsepower and TQ then the GT, and it has an aluminum block, and the pistons are 1 point higher then the GT's that require you to run 93 octane.

Can someone tell me how to get the kick you should feel in a sports car? Without spending a fortune on a supercharger (Pro Charger)

Take care and thanks for any input

TacomaNC4X4
12-20-2005, 11:11 PM
sounds nice..got any pics? you could try a cam, or mabey a cold air intake and flowmasters

Kennethyfz450
12-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Has Flowmasters

only 7000 miles on the car. I dont want to tear into the engine

I can safely run 8psi of boost if I run a Pro Charger and is supposed to be the best bang for the buck.. I was just hoping a mustang freak would help me out with the cheap modifications

:D

redlined94
12-21-2005, 02:43 AM
alright if you really wanna feel a change go with different gearing. A lot of people like the 3:73 gears on the mustang, these give it a lot more acceleration and that neck snap feel. You said you already have flowmasters well take that farther and get some headers to really open that baby up be sure to get an O/R H or X pipe as well. Also you might wanna look into a computer chip/tuner those can give you a pretty good boost. You cant go wrong with that Supercharger though just make sure you get it done right. A cold air intake kit will help a little bit on the dyno but you wont really feel an immediate reaction. Also another thing you might consider is a Nitrous kit, sounds intimidating but they give you that power when you want it at the press of a button. Thats my two cents, got any questions just let me know Mustangs are pretty much my life lol.

oh ya just thought I would tell you that if you do go with a charger go with a Kenne Bell or a Vortech

Matt37
12-21-2005, 04:24 AM
Buy a Chevy and dump the Ford.

MR.BIG
12-21-2005, 08:17 AM
I would try an exhaust and maybe a set of gears. If you go with a supercharger and you want lowend boost go with a kenne bell blowzilla. You will have full boost by 3000rpm. I had a procharger on my mustang and you really don't start getting any boost until 3000rpm so it won't give you the seat of the pants feeling you are looking for. I would recommend a set of 4.10 gears because I believe you car comes stock with either 3.27 or 3.55!

Butters
12-21-2005, 09:33 AM
if you have the money go with a kenne bell or whipple supercharger. i would not go with 4.10's if your car is driven on the highway alot or is a daily driver cause it is going to eat into your gas mileage. bad thing is if you go with that type of supercharger, your going to have to get rid of the cool shaker. so you might thing of a turbo setup. its all in how much money you have. i would only go with nitrous if you plan on using it every once in awhile. if you plan on using it anymore than that, get some sort of forced induction. you won't need a cold air intake if you do either a turbo or supercharger, so if you plan on going with one of those it is pointless.

TacomaNC4X4
12-21-2005, 08:28 PM
i wish i could afford the insurance on a mustang. the dealership let me test drive a 04 GT for the weekand, and let me tell you i feel in love with that thing. i was gonna sell the 400 so i could get it. turned out my insurance company would not insure me. and another company wanted 3500 a year

LuckyOxygen
12-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Want more power? Shoulda got a cobra....

Butters
12-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Want more power? Shoulda got a cobra.... ]

for the price difference it probably isn't worth it. you can get what he has for about 10k cheaper than a cobra, and the mach1 has the same motor has to 03/04 cobra's minus the supercharger. so he could get a good supercharger for lets say at the most $4500 and still have 5500 left to do gears if he want. plus some still left over to pay for insurance.

Butters
12-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by TacomaNC4X4
i wish i could afford the insurance on a mustang. the dealership let me test drive a 04 GT for the weekand, and let me tell you i feel in love with that thing. i was gonna sell the 400 so i could get it. turned out my insurance company would not insure me. and another company wanted 3500 a year

why is it so expensive? i'm 18 and it is $120 a month for my 03 gt. i can't imagine 1 year being that much. and that is full coverage.

ugottabayou
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Great choice of a car! Ya for the price between cobra/mach just go with the mach 1. Why will your insurance company not insure you in that car? Thats why I like my older car. Its a 65' Mustang with an antique tag and I pay $117 every 6 months:macho .

Kennethyfz450
12-22-2005, 01:05 AM
I pay 125.00 a month for full coverage and a 2000.00 deductable ...