PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Anti-Fade Lock Problems

coolhuh
12-20-2005, 06:13 PM
On my '88 250R I have an extended axle with the anti-fade lock. In the axle there is a groove that a clip goes in. My clip keeps popping off and my axle slides over. On some anti-fade locks it fits over the clip at the end of the lock. This clip with mine just buts up to it. Is that a special clip from lonestar or do you use a stock clip.
Thanks

beerock
12-20-2005, 06:25 PM
clean where the clip goes and make sure when the clip is in place its not to loose, if it is try bending the clip a bit so it holds in place bettter. then try cleaning where the antifade goes over the clip, sounds like theres dirt in it stopping it from going over the clip.

heres mine.

coolhuh
12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I do not think my clip is the right one, it is way to big for the lock nut to go over it. Any ideas on where to buy the right one?

dober250R
12-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I run a durablue eliminator 2+2 axle, with a lonestar anti-fade with a stock clip. Every once in awhile, i have to tighten up my anti-fade hub. My cliip fits inside the very end of the hub. Is this correct for it to loosen up a lil bit? I hope this might help someone.

250R-Dee
12-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Are you sure your axle is a for a 250R? The used RPM axle that I got a couple months ago turned out ot be a 400EX axle. When I tried to install the LSR 250R antifade there was not enough space to get the clip into the groove. After getting a used 400EX antifade off of Ebay the clip seated with no problems. Now I am waiting for my 400EX brake rotor to arrive because the mounts for the 400EX and 250R rotors are different.

I gained almost 3mm of space when I changed to a 400EX antifade.

My axle problems thread. (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187090)