PDA

View Full Version : Question about a case saver?

USAF Dirtboy
12-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Has anybody aver had a chain break and cause any damage to the engine. I was wondering if it was worth getting. I f any body has any stories to share that would be great. also what do they actually DO!!!

walker054
12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
worth the money for sure, if your chain breaks it could wrap around the sprocket or shifter shafts and do some damage without a case saver.

culookn
12-20-2005, 04:46 PM
i had my chain pop off one time this previous summer. it srapped its self around the front sprocket and broke the case saver. without it i would have had to replace the side case side. i dont know about you but 25 bucks is a cheap investment.

crash n burn
12-20-2005, 04:50 PM
This has not happened to me on my 450r, but it did happen to my brother on his KFX. He had to JB weld a hole in his case.

desratt
12-20-2005, 05:50 PM
alot of bikes stock come with a crappy excuse of a case saver

12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by USAF Dirtboy
Has anybody aver had a chain break and cause any damage to the engine. I was wondering if it was worth getting. I f any body has any stories to share that would be great. also what do they actually DO!!!

i'm with you.
no one has been able to give me a good reason why it is necessary.

if your chain flys off, there is just as much chance you're going to destroy your case with or without a case saver.

one advantage on the stock 450r case saver is that covers the sprocket and helps to keep shoestrings and such out of there.

coryatver
12-21-2005, 10:42 AM
I have one. well worth it. My buddy didn't have one on his raptor and got his case smashed and broke off the piece where it bolts into so he can't even get one now or put a cover on

12-22-2005, 10:16 AM
well, you may have a point.
but, unless you're lucky, a case saver only works once.........then the mounting holes are destroyed.

i don't know.
i guess you're better off with one.........but, it still doesn't seem like a good solution. maybe there isn't a better solution. i don't know.

spincr4hire
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Speaking of case savers, wish someone would hurry up and make one for the 06.

400exrider707
12-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by force
i'm with you.
no one has been able to give me a good reason why it is necessary.

if your chain flys off, there is just as much chance you're going to destroy your case with or without a case saver.

one advantage on the stock 450r case saver is that covers the sprocket and helps to keep shoestrings and such out of there.

Just wait till you throw a chain and it puts a nice hole in the side of your case! That should be a good enough reason to spend the $25 on one. I've had it happen to my older quads and dirtbikes, put one on my 400 and its been a life saver!

Also you shouldn't even have to worry about shoestrings getting caught in your sprocket, because you shouldn't be wearin sneakers!!!

12-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
because you shouldn't be wearin sneakers!!! i wear sneakers all the time, its all i have

12-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Just wait till you throw a chain and it puts a nice hole in the side of your case! That should be a good enough reason to spend the $25 on one. I've had it happen to my older quads and dirtbikes, put one on my 400 and its been a life saver!

Also you shouldn't even have to worry about shoestrings getting caught in your sprocket, because you shouldn't be wearin sneakers!!!

you shouldn't have a passenger on the quad with you either, but i'll bet you've done that more than once.

MossboysRacing
12-24-2005, 08:03 PM
racing my xc 250r without a case saver, then threw the chain, busted a big hole in the side case and bent the shift shaft, replaced left side case, bought a case saver from james lucky that fits over the shift shaft, raced it again few weeks later, threw the chain again(slightly worn out) that piece of aluminum saved my new case half. needless to say all my quads have one

drgnerth
12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
My buddy had his chain break on a Predator and it broke one of the ears that hols the case saver on off, which resulted in a small hole in the case. Would have happened with or without the case saver.

hsr
12-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i wear sneakers all the time, its all i have

Not to sound ignorant, but your foot is "all you have" too. Save up a few bucks if you can and buy a decent pair of riding boots. I had to learn the hard way. Sneakers do not provide the sufficient amount of support that your ankles need...