PDA

View Full Version : need some help changin rear Axle bearins

250x_Case
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
i gotta 1991 TRX 250x and for somereason i cant get the rear axle off. i got the nuts loose but dont know what to do next. also i think one of the nuts is striped becuz it wont come all the way off. if you have some kinda diagram or can explain more please do so.

Thanks Case

my emails Importracer67n2@hotmail.com

just incase u have some pics

rooster300ex
12-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Take wheels,hubs all that off,loosen the two hex head bolts that keep the carrier in place, then You need to turn the big lock nut enough so you can see a Snap Ring, slide the snap ring off,then all that lock nut stuff will come off, then unbolt the rear brake caliper from its mounting place, pull brake caliper off, then slide the brake rotor off, next unhook chain, you can take the sprocket off if ya want, it doens't matter cuz you pull the axle out on the left side, next with a rubber hammer (or something that wont damage the axle) hit the axle on the end on the right side while somebody pulls on the other end (thats what works for me the best), and it should come out pretty easy, now that you have the axle out inspect it, clean it up, make the part where the seals ride smooth, now look at your carrier is it damage bad or in good enough shape to put bearings and seals back in if not(RAD CARRIER on ebaylol), ok now to get the carrier out you need to take the big ring on the right side off and pull the carrier out of the left side, now pry the seals out and be careful getting the bearings out, the way i do it is, i use a punch and hammer and knock the bearings outwards, you have to have a long enough punch to get in there from the other end, if you really really can't get em out don't mess with it bring it too a shop, and tell em to take em out and put the new ones in, or u can put em in, be careful though, after all that put it all back, you might wanna grease the inner collar alil it won't hurt. hope that helped ya. if u do it once its easier the next time.

Diagram-http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi-bin/hondaparts/results_parts_details?mv_session_id=d948uaxG&mv_pc=170&se=pg_d_id%3d511%20and%20pg_my_id%3d97

250x_Case
12-23-2005, 07:17 AM
well i got up early today and thought why not give it a try, well i got the axle and carrier out as one piece then the carrier came right off no problem. but now thats its off i see only one bearing inside there, it happens to be a Double Rad H7 carrier. im gunna need bearings, well i cleaned it up and still only one bearing and on the other side it looks like it has some groves that wont allow the double bearing to sit right. its maybe an inch and the double bearings about 2inches and some

250x_Case
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
finally got the new twin row bearings but i just need to know what needs to be greased. also what kinda grease? im pretty sure it would be the same grease for a stick shift cars TO bearing..

huffdaddy_400EX
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Use Bel-Ray