PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore 250r

rebeltoad57
12-20-2005, 01:35 PM
I would like to hear some opinions on who you all think makes the best big bore kits.(LRD,CT,ESR,Sparks,etc.)Also I would like to know how much difference a powervalve makes. I mostly ride dunes so I would like a powerfull beast. Your opinions are appreciated.

Eddiesanders250
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
go with esr.......... i would call them and get their advice. if u ride dunes you dont need a pv. its for lowend, not something you need if you ride sand.

GOTFEAR
12-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Whats the deal with sand. for what i can tell it"s a $$$$$$ pit. im from the east so i dont know. all i know is evvery one wonts BIG and BIGER MOTORS , n.o.s , methinal, nitro good god a live what ever. keep riding

slick250
12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Go with ESR

BLACKeR
12-21-2005, 06:12 AM
go with LRD, ESR's porting sucks. LRD uses the same jug, but i think theyre a better builder. or get an unported ESR jug and have someone good do it. just cause your in the sand doesnt mean you want a dumpy port job

brokenbones
12-21-2005, 04:22 PM
i would go to esr i own a lrd and esr arlen only works on about a 1/3 of the motors and ony about 1/4 of the porting so as for lrd they are riding on arlens name

my esr 330 is non pv and is great on the track and at the coast you could allways go bigger in the sand because it sucks up the power but i think the 330 is a good all around if i was to do it again i proable get a 330 with a 2 mill stroke thats supposed to be the hot set up

my 2 cents

rebeltoad57
12-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone ever have a Baldwin cyl. or big bore jug?

rebeltoad57
12-22-2005, 04:43 PM
For whoever it was who pmed me about the "thinking the powervalve is a powerband crap" I say this. I am not a kid, I am 32 years old and have been riding since I was five. I have built many bikes with many different engine builders over the years. However I have been out of the game so to speak for a couple of years and have not ridden a powervalve cyl. so I wanted to try and gather some opinions on this subject. I am not looking for a four stoke like power delivery otherwise I wouldn't have made my comeback. I appreciate everyone who has posted an honest opinion of what they think about the subject. To those who think my questions are lame I say pass on by without leaving crappy pms. Thank you

wilkin250r
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
Whats the deal with sand. for what i can tell it"s a $$$$$$ pit. im from the east so i dont know. all i know is evvery one wonts BIG and BIGER MOTORS , n.o.s , methinal, nitro good god a live what ever. keep riding

Sand is the ultimate riding terrain. It likes big HP because it can HANDLE big HP.

And for the guys getting really absurd, like alcohol, nitrous, and 100+ HP motors, they are mostly shooting the hill. King of the hill is really prestigious, and worth a lot of money to a lot of people.

Eddiesanders250
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I would much rather be riding the dunes than shooting a hill all day. I guess if you are into putting nos and hill shooting is what you want to do go for it. I think it is much more fun to ride and carve the bowles.

GOTFEAR
12-22-2005, 09:25 PM
i have raced mx sand tracks and it s*x but id give it a try on the dunes. we have talked about traveling out west for the past few years but we ussaly end up on a week long cruise. i dont have no clue to begine planing for this typ of a tripe and how $$$$$$

rebeltoad57
12-23-2005, 06:09 AM
Sand is my riding of choice. I'm not much into hill shooting or drag racing but to me there isn't much better than going balls out across the sand. I live in the midwest and am close to Little Sahara as I know many of you are. I've been going there for about 22 years and is still my favorite. To those who don't do a whole lot of duning I say give it a shot man its worth it.:p