PDA

View Full Version : Routing rear shock reservoir?

Scro
12-20-2005, 12:20 PM
I just got my Elka rear shock in for my R. Anybody have a good pic of how you routed the reservoir line to the front? I'm pretty sure that I need to put it on the inside of the frame somehow.

huffdaddy_400EX
12-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Elka should have given you some rubber brackets and a couple of clamps for mounting. I ran the line along the frame to the front and clamped it up to one of the front posts. Make sure you mount it in a way you can get to the adjustment knob. Also, do not tighten the clamps too tight or you will damage the reservoir.

I can post a picture tonight.

Scro
12-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by huffdaddy_400EX
Elka should have given you some rubber brackets and a couple of clamps for mounting. I ran the line along the frame to the front and clamped it up to one of the front posts. Make sure you mount it in a way you can get to the adjustment knob. Also, do not tighten the clamps too tight or you will damage the reservoir.

I can post a picture tonight.

I know how to mount the actually reservoir. I was just wanting to see how you routed the line, to hide and make it look neat.

huffdaddy_400EX
12-20-2005, 01:11 PM
I had to take my plastic off to get full access. I then routed the line between the sub-frame and the frame (left side). I routed the line along the top frame member (left side) and out the front. I used zip-ties to hold the line in place and out of view. I can get you a picture later (I'm at work right now).