PDA

View Full Version : frame gusset kit

mach5racing4
12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a step by step plan on how to make a frame gusset kit for a 400ex. I have access to a weld shop and i have the materials. i was just wondering if anyone had some pictures of the gusset kit before its installed. thanks

ill_lil_romey
12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
I cut out my gussets and then had them welded in, its not hard to do you just have to know the stress points, I will find a picture of mine after gusseting and post the stress points.

mach5racing4
12-20-2005, 08:21 PM
awesome thanks!!!!!!!

yokeracer
12-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ill_lil_romey
I cut out my gussets and then had them welded in, its not hard to do you just have to know the stress points, I will find a picture of mine after gusseting and post the stress points.

What are gussets? Forgive me I'm a nubie.

I can do my own. I have a MIG welder. So I gather that, that would make the frame stronger. Yeah, let us know where they are.
Thanx

balls2da-wall
12-31-2005, 01:43 PM
gussets are pieces of metal that are used to reinforce the tubing on the frame at certain stress points which are notorious for cracking. Just like you would reinforce any type of metal structure with gussets. Used mainly in MX applications because of the high stress on the frame from high altitude landings. If you just a trail rider that does some mx on the weekends its probably not worth your time unless your out there clearing 90ft table tops. You usually want to re-powder coat the frame afterwards so it doesnt rust where you has to prep the frame for welding.

yokeracer
12-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanx:D

Rip_Tear
01-01-2006, 05:55 PM
I beleive there is a post made by Rico in the FAQ section with a few places to put gussets, but another pic would be good.