PDA

View Full Version : Custom two-stroke pipe builders?

Waynoka Local
12-20-2005, 02:00 AM
It's been a long time since I have posted here, but I have come to realize that a lot of the websites out there are frequented by braindead kids with no idea what they are talking about. That said, I am still working on my project quad. My combo will require a custom pipe, and I am looking for any input about custom pipe builders, especially those in the central US. Here's my combo:

Aftermarket Honda TRX250R chassis
Kawasaki Tecate-4 engine bottom end
93-04 KX250 cylinder
Bored and stroked to 350cc

I have already talked to FTZ in Missouri. If you know of any others, please let me know. If necessary, I will ship the frame, cases, and cylinder to a reputable shop if they can fabricate a pipe for me.

bradley300
12-20-2005, 07:54 AM
www.cpiracing.com or www.gthunder.com

C41Xracer
12-20-2005, 09:44 AM
LRD??

wilkin250r
12-20-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.shearerpipes.com/

I don't know how involved Matt is with custom pipes any more, but at one time he was considered the absolute best.

12-20-2005, 03:57 PM
shearer is the SHIAT

SPAM

ZeroLogic
12-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Waynoka Local
It's been a long time since I have posted here, but I have come to realize that a lot of the websites out there are frequented by braindead kids with no idea what they are talking about. That said, I am still working on my project quad. My combo will require a custom pipe, and I am looking for any input about custom pipe builders, especially those in the central US. Here's my combo:

Aftermarket Honda TRX250R chassis
Kawasaki Tecate-4 engine bottom end
93-04 KX250 cylinder
Bored and stroked to 350cc

I have already talked to FTZ in Missouri. If you know of any others, please let me know. If necessary, I will ship the frame, cases, and cylinder to a reputable shop if they can fabricate a pipe for me.

just out of courisoty why would you put a kx250 motor in there and not a 250r?

Waynoka Local
12-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
just out of courisoty why would you put a kx250 motor in there and not a 250r?

First of all, it's going to be a KXF/KX hybrid. I am using the T4 bottom end because it is counter-balanced and the KX cylinder because of the superior port layout and its ability to have a big-bore sleeve pressed in with ease. As far as putting a 250R engine in it, :rolleyes:. There is nothing special about a 250R, and there are millions of them out there. Why would I want to be part of the crowd? I don't, and I never will be. I want a one-of-a-kind quad, and I want it to be a Kawasaki. I'm not a big fan of the Tecate (it's too small for me), so I decided to build what Kawasaki won't: a stump pullin' two-stroke that will shag arse at the drop of the hammer, slice corners like a razor, and look sharp while doing both.

Here's a glimpse of what mine will look like. This is the custom Roll Design quad built for Jimmy White to use at the Legends 2000 TT race.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL546/2314539/4590413/98541683.jpg

z400roosteR
12-21-2005, 11:27 AM
good luck post the final results if your still around it sounds pretty wicked!:muscle:

bwamos
12-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Aye, I like the sound of the combo.

Keep us up to date bro.

12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
That roll bike looks sik....

WWW..COM

Waynoka Local
12-26-2005, 07:51 PM
It's been a little while, but I talked to my buddy who used to race in the 70s and 80s, and he said there was a shop in OKC back in the day that would build pipes. If anyone knows who they were (or are), please let me know. A shop in OKC would be perfect for me.

On a side note, if anyone has a program that can be used to get final pipe dimensions and power characteristics, I would appreciate it if you could send me a zip file of it. Being here in Korea really limits my availability. My email address is mx4life98@hotmail.com

2muchquad
12-27-2005, 09:47 AM
if you were local i would love to help you design a pipe.a few years ago when i had a yz250 motor in a blaster i had to build it,same thing with a yz490 motor in it.lots of trial and error but i learned a lot as far as header lengths,stinger diameters etc.how a half inch too long/short could make a big difference with the exhaust frequency.that quad will be pretty sick once you get it done.dare to be different:D