PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problem..??? and question....

Honda250XRacer
06-29-2002, 08:55 PM
well does this sound like a problem ....?? i was poppin wheelies on my 250X the other day after i changed the oil and for some reason it was leaking oil ...did i put to much in.. it still does it ..and it leaks gas when i do wheelies too ..isnt it just and overflow from the carb...and it was leakin oil a little be4 i changed the oil....what are some signs and what does the engine sound like when it might be getting ready to blow up ?????

ThAnKs Trent...:confused:

Honda250XRacer
06-29-2002, 09:10 PM
well....hello ?

Ex'r Marlin
06-29-2002, 09:59 PM
Where do you notice your 250x leaking oil? (What part of the engine?)

I could be wrong, but I think the 300ex and 250x are similiar enough on how to check the oil level. The correct way to check is to not thread the dipstick in... But to only place it in all the way before you start to turn it in, then pull it out to verify the level.

As for leaking gas when you do wheelies, I think this is common for it to leak out of the one vent tube.

As for the noise before the engine blows up, I can not help you there, I have never heard one blow up before, knock on wood!:)

Honda250XRacer
06-30-2002, 02:43 PM
i cleaned it up good and i couldnt tell were it was coming from..

thanks

tumbler440Ex
06-30-2002, 05:19 PM
well i think it could be a crack in your base maybe i have a 250R now and when i jumped in the winter time oil came out bad crack in the case never notice anything then till that night i blew the water pump balncer real bad frig the motor right there.
so look for craks hair line or just a gasket could be ready to go.
haha u ask the right man for what sounds does a engine make befor blowing if yours 4 stroke should be here a knocking sound in the motor real bad or any knockin get it check or look at the exausht the pipe if theres bad smoke blue smoke rings are goin and shes a time bomb ready to blow.
i had a 400ex engine blow put a 440 in it drivin down the river in the winter time on the ice she went knock knowck real bad and loud crack the cynlder so i hope i helped..