PDA

View Full Version : favorite hockey team

450r51
12-19-2005, 06:26 PM
list ur favorite hockey teams. mine of course is the BUFFALO SABRES. third in the NHL, maybe buffalo can finally win something big since the bills suck.

xx3003xrdrxx
12-19-2005, 06:29 PM
ive always liked colorado, but i do like the penguins to hahaha even though i think my hockey team could skate with some of the pens :cool:

Hondadudeehhhh
12-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Red Wings baby- hockey town

Camaroguy87132
12-19-2005, 06:38 PM
i hate hockey and i only watch the playoffs but ive always liked the avalanche, but of course my favorite team is the devils

hondarider2500
12-19-2005, 06:41 PM
bruins :ermm:

Honda4trax250x
12-19-2005, 07:58 PM
New York Rangers... its a whole new team this year!

watts16
12-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Blackhawks
:macho

CaptainCanuck
12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Edmonton Oilers.:devil:

Eddiesanders250
12-19-2005, 11:08 PM
devils baby

12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Philadelphia Flyers. We have the best team in the NHL. Unfortunatley, the injuries have been awful. When Simon Gagne is back he and Peter Foresberg will be back scoring again, and theres so many other great guys that we have a cup team this year. And 3 of our players are on the US Olypic team this year.

Mxjunkie
12-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Flyers all the way baby!

heh :devil:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~wmorgan/webpage/flyers3.3.jpg

12-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Flyers all the way baby!

heh :devil:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~wmorgan/webpage/flyers3.3.jpg John's gonna get all butthurt over that.

Mxjunkie
12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/settes-flyers_hockey_fight.jpg

450r51
12-20-2005, 04:47 AM
all i have to say is that the sabres are now second in the league, and the fact that they beat philly last nite in OT makes it even better.

popo
12-20-2005, 06:17 AM
Team U.S.A.

12-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
all i have to say is that the sabres are now second in the league, and the fact that they beat philly last nite in OT makes it even better. If we had all our players we would have one that game. We have 11 guys injured, and we still held the sabres off for 3 periods, overtime, and through the regular shootout. Once Gagne is back with Richards and Esche Flyers will pwn. Last night there were 2 lines consisting of Phantoms, where all 6 guys (including Nittymaki) were on the phantoms last year and were called up. I'd say thats pretty damn impressive.

450r51
12-20-2005, 09:24 AM
can u even name a line from the sabres, half of our team played in the minors this year, and we have a back up goalie. our best player is daniel briere, u ever hear of him. enough of this back to the topic.

jwick07
12-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Philadelphia Flyers. We have the best team in the NHL. Unfortunatley, the injuries have been awful. When Simon Gagne is back he and Peter Foresberg will be back scoring again, and theres so many other great guys that we have a cup team this year. And 3 of our players are on the US Olypic team this year.

I hope the Avs got the best out of Foresberg I hate Philly and every Easter Confrence Team. But I hate The Red Wings the MOST.

Colorado will make a run for it. I hope

CaptainCanuck
12-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by popo
Team U.S.A.
Everybody knows that Team Canada is better.

coolex
12-20-2005, 12:34 PM
bruins :(

JDiablo
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/settes-flyers_hockey_fight.jpg

PRICELESS
Devils come back from losing 3-1 in the series to stunning the flyers in Game 7 to knock them out of the Stanely Cup Finals...once again with this goal by Patrick Elias with 2:32 seconds remaining in the 3rd period to give the Devils the win 2-1 and a trip the Stanely Cup Finals in which they won again Dallas 4 games to 2.

ALL HAIL NJ

Scoring:
New Jersey, Elias 7 (Arnott, Mogilny), 17:28.

Hon300ex
12-20-2005, 01:24 PM
the new york yankees:D

JDiablo
12-20-2005, 01:27 PM
We will rise again!

Because of that goal this came!

JDiablo
12-20-2005, 01:29 PM
This year i think the Sens have a good shot,and the rangers are shooting for their first playoff contention in a couple of years,lol

schootar
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Vancouver and Colorado, but I'm happy to watch about any NHL team play. Last year sucked!

JDiablo
12-20-2005, 02:56 PM
I like the old hockey better,edge of your seat games 3-2 final score,not 9-5 yesterday like the islanders and leafts,that is bootleg high school hockey scores :rolleyes:

12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
pens...they have the talent, they just need to be able to put it together...

eddie olczyk was not a coach...i laughed when he was announced as the coach...i am surprised he lasted as long as he did, even before the season started, let alone as far into this season as he did...i just hope the new guy can do better...

the pens need to play consistant for 60 minutes night after night...not 2 good periods and take the next 10 periods off...if they can do that, or had done that from the beginning, i think they would be a top contender instead of a bottom feeder...

and as much as i admire lemieux...he should retire to coaching...i think he would be a good assistant coach, mark recchi is my all time favorite player and to see him back form the fyers this year, made my season better...

fasterthanyouex
12-20-2005, 03:05 PM
i love the new hockey 9-5 is an awesome game.
i play roller hockey so i appriecate(sp) the high scoring!
red wings baby

HEY HEY Hockey town....

Nick110
12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Buffalo Sabers

the yazer
12-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by coolex
bruins :(

Quad18star
12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm an Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs fan .

Here's my predictions for this year .

Stanley Cup ...... Ottawa Senators
World Junior Championship ...... Team Canada
Olympics Mens Hockey ... team Canada vs Russia ( if they aren't in the same pool) ... win Canada
Olympics Womens Hockey ... Team Canada vs Team USA .... win Canada .

Under 17 championships .... Team Canada vs Team USA ... Team Canada win .

We did it before and we'll do it again . :devil:

Matt37
12-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
pens...they have the talent, they just need to be able to put it together...

eddie olczyk was not a coach...i laughed when he was announced as the coach...i am surprised he lasted as long as he did, even before the season started, let alone as far into this season as he did...i just hope the new guy can do better...

the pens need to play consistant for 60 minutes night after night...not 2 good periods and take the next 10 periods off...if they can do that, or had done that from the beginning, i think they would be a top contender instead of a bottom feeder...

and as much as i admire lemieux...he should retire to coaching...i think he would be a good assistant coach, mark recchi is my all time favorite player and to see him back form the fyers this year, made my season better...

Recchi is an old bum.

Crosby is a little whinning bum, I loved it when Hatcher nailed him in that one game.

He should of broke his jaw.

Quad18star
12-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Crosby is a good puck handler and a good skater ... but he's gunna get caught one of these days with a huge hit . It'll be a wake up call .... "Welcome to the Big Boys League now " ... and when that happens , who's gunna protect him?? Mr "Super" Mario Lemieux?? HAHAHA

You'll see the same thing happen to Ovechkin ( or however you spell his lastname) . LOL :ermm:

Quad18star
01-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'm an Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs fan .

Here's my predictions for this year .

Stanley Cup ...... Ottawa Senators
World Junior Championship ...... Team Canada
Olympics Mens Hockey ... team Canada vs Russia ( if they aren't in the same pool) ... win Canada
Olympics Womens Hockey ... Team Canada vs Team USA .... win Canada .

Under 17 championships .... Team Canada vs Team USA ... Team Canada win .

We did it before and we'll do it again . :devil:

Just gotta bring this one back from the dead .

I was right about the World Juniors .... Team Canada takes Gold again .... we haven't lost a game in the last 2 years of tournament play . And the critics called us the underdog of the series . :devil:

I don't know if any of you guys watched the game or not , but it was a great final . Even though it was a shutout , it was a fast skating , hard hitting game . Russia should have been given a goal , since the puck was clearly in the net ( as seen on video) , but they still wouldn't have scored more to tie or win . Great effort though .

Now let's see if my predictions for the other championships will turn out right . :)

01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
If the Flyers win tonight they'll move into 1st in the entire NHL. :).

Quad18star
01-06-2006, 12:10 PM
If the Flyers win tonight they'll move into 1st in the entire NHL. :).

Ya .... I don't know whats happened to Ottawa lately .... they're playing terrible . :confused:

JDiablo
01-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Ya .... I don't know whats happened to Ottawa lately .... they're playing terrible . :confused:

Like i said in the beginning of the season,its the one line,without alfredsson they aren't anything.Look at the Devils now,they got Elias back and they are killer.He almost had a hat trick the second night back,who else does that,he has five points in two games.

97blaster200
01-06-2006, 01:19 PM
LETS GO FLYERS!!!!! BEST TEAM IN THE NHL!!!

Matt37
01-06-2006, 01:26 PM
All i got to say is

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00203/peter_forsberg_phil_203051c.jpg

+

http://www.jatkoaika.com/albumit/caps_on_film/gagne.jpg

=

http://www.mickeys.net/image/trophy-stanley-cup.jpg

GO FLYERS!

JDiablo
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I have to stay with my team forever!!!

DEVILS!!!!!:macho

fasterthanyouex
01-06-2006, 01:49 PM
all i gotta say is

Matt400ex_17
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
I THINK THAT IM THE ONLY PERSON THAT CURRENTLY LIVES IN MICHIGAN AND ONLY 1 1/2 HOURS FROM DETROIT BUT I LOVE COLORADO!!!! GO AVS!!! I HAVE BEEN A SAKIC FAN SINCE THE QUEBEC DAYS... DETROIT IS THE YANKEES OF HOCKEY AND I HATE EM. THERE ARE RETIREMENT HOMES WITH YOUNGER ROSTERS.

FoxRacing81
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Recchi is an old bum.

Crosby is a little whinning bum, I loved it when Hatcher nailed him in that one game.

He should of broke his jaw.

lmao. Crosby? A whiner? What is it with you. You call Ben Roethlisberger a whiner, and now Sidney Crosby one too. I'd love to watch the same videos you have seen where these too whine. I have never heard them whine. But what do I know...I'm just a dumb Pittsburgh fan.

Penguins obviously. I think we got mad talent, just gotta get all on the same page. Recchi for a while was one of the best players on the Penguins. Crosby is just simply amazing, and trust me, he's been nailed plenty of times, yet still amazes me. Marc-Andre Fleury has calmed down a town and is now a great goal tender.

Sergei Gonchar...I don't exactly know what has been wrong with him...He was amazing at beginning of season....then he just started to suck....terribly...he's been getting back on track lately though....which is good.

Basicly, lately, the team has looked awesome. Every game we have lost under Michel Terrian was either in OT or by 1 point. This team is definatly better with him.

Besides a miracle, they probably will not make the playoffs. But, next year, look out. They will be one of the top teams next year.

-Justin

FoxRacing81
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Crosby is a good puck handler and a good skater ... but he's gunna get caught one of these days with a huge hit . It'll be a wake up call .... "Welcome to the Big Boys League now " ... and when that happens , who's gunna protect him?? Mr "Super" Mario Lemieux?? HAHAHA

You'll see the same thing happen to Ovechkin ( or however you spell his lastname) . LOL :ermm:

Maybe someone like Andre Roy? lmao. I know hes only in Pitt to be a fighter, but I love to watch him crush people. Crowd always goes crazy when he does.

JDiablo
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I think Fleury in five years will be on the top of the goaltending list.The way he played against us was amazing.He moves his leg so fast,and is such a nice butterfly goalie.

Crosby has alot of props for me.It is a dream come true for the kid,to score on his first shot in Montreal it is amazing.

01-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Mighty ducks, there crazy with the flying V.

http://products.priceclash.co.uk/images/nodrop/220/B00004CODC/videos/the-mighty-ducks-are-the-championsdisney.jpg

Hockey is the only sport I like and i wish i could start playing. I got free tickets from a friend to a devils game once and it was cool as hell.

Anyway what channel and when is hockey on?

FoxRacing81
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

http://products.priceclash.co.uk/images/nodrop/220/B00004CODC/videos/the-mighty-ducks-are-the-championsdisney.jpg

lmfao! That's a good one.

JDiablo
01-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

Hockey is the only sport I like and i wish i could start playing. I got free tickets from a friend to a devils game once and it was cool as hell.

Anyway what channel and when is hockey on?

Most of the time the Devils games are on FSNY :devil:
Channel 72 on cable
624 on satellite :macho

FoxRacing81
01-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Anyone see that Pens game tonight?
Wow...down 5-zip entering 3rd period. Came back and made it 5-4. Pulled goalie, trying to make something happen, let a goal past. But still...it was a great performance. They face the Thrashers again tomorrow night at home...and...I'M GOING!!! haha...gonna be a sweeeet game. Can't wait...

-Justin

01-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Flyers = #1 in the NHL baby!

w00t w00t biatches.

Matt37
01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
lmao. Crosby? A whiner? What is it with you. You call Ben Roethlisberger a whiner, and now Sidney Crosby one too. I'd love to watch the same videos you have seen where these too whine. I have never heard them whine. But what do I know...I'm just a dumb Pittsburgh fan.

Penguins obviously. I think we got mad talent, just gotta get all on the same page. Recchi for a while was one of the best players on the Penguins. Crosby is just simply amazing, and trust me, he's been nailed plenty of times, yet still amazes me. Marc-Andre Fleury has calmed down a town and is now a great goal tender.

Sergei Gonchar...I don't exactly know what has been wrong with him...He was amazing at beginning of season....then he just started to suck....terribly...he's been getting back on track lately though....which is good.

Basicly, lately, the team has looked awesome. Every game we have lost under Michel Terrian was either in OT or by 1 point. This team is definatly better with him.

Besides a miracle, they probably will not make the playoffs. But, next year, look out. They will be one of the top teams next year.

-Justin

Yea, you heard me. I said Crosby is a whiner.

He is NOT as good as Alex Ovechkin of the Capitals.

He is NOT as good as Dion Phaneuf of the Flames.

And if you honestly think he is better than Ovechkin you either don't know a lick about hockey, or your a delusional homer.

And if Crosby is sooo "amazing" and your team has such "amazing" talent. Why is your loser team in the basement of the division??

Also, If Crosby does not learn to keep his head up by the time the Pens play the Flyers again. Hatcher will teach him how to keep his head up.

And if you are wondering where I get the whole whining thing from. Go try to find a copy of the game when the Pens played the Flyers in Philly, the game where he scored the winning goal in OT by hanging at the blue line. That whole game he was *****ing at the refs about Hatcher.

Welcome to the NHL Crosby! Get use to it!

01-06-2006, 10:15 PM
That Hatcher hit on Crosby was pwnage in the highest order! Oh, and Flyers are now 1st in t3h NHL:D :D :D

01-07-2006, 12:48 AM
ca$hville predators

Guy400
01-07-2006, 06:19 AM
They should've just let the NHL die. Now that it's back the Nielsen ratings are absolutely horrible and live attendance is nothing to brag about. The NHL is like a thoroughbred horse with a broken leg. Just shoot it and put it out of it's misery and we can all reflect on how good it used to be.

MOFO
01-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
They should've just let the NHL die. Now that it's back the Nielsen ratings are absolutely horrible and live attendance is nothing to brag about. The NHL is like a thoroughbred horse with a broken leg. Just shoot it and put it out of it's misery and we can all reflect on how good it used to be.

I agree. In Pittsburgh the Pens are crying for a new place to play... now they are going to work gambling (slots) into the picture to pay for it. Thats all we need... slots in Pittsburgh... talk about taking a city that is dying and putting the last nail in the coffin.

Guy400
01-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Thats all we need... slots in Pittsburgh... talk about taking a city that is dying and putting the last nail in the coffin. Can't be as bad as Cleveland :eek2:

Hey, now that Lynn Swann is running for Governor as a Republican maybe things will change:macho

polakmike7
01-07-2006, 07:34 AM
DEVILS bad year but i love them

01-07-2006, 08:35 AM
They should've just let the NHL die. Now that it's back the Nielsen ratings are absolutely horrible and live attendance is nothing to brag about. The NHL is like a thoroughbred horse with a broken leg. Just shoot it and put it out of it's misery and we can all reflect on how good it used to be. The Wachovia Center has sold out every single game since the home opener. Attendance is great!

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 08:40 AM

He is NOT as good as Alex Ovechkin of the Capitals.

He is NOT as good as Dion Phaneuf of the Flames.

And if you honestly think he is better than Ovechkin you either don't know a lick about hockey, or your a delusional homer.

And if Crosby is sooo "amazing" and your team has such "amazing" talent. Why is your loser team in the basement of the division??

Also, If Crosby does not learn to keep his head up by the time the Pens play the Flyers again. Hatcher will teach him how to keep his head up.

And if you are wondering where I get the whole whining thing from. Go try to find a copy of the game when the Pens played the Flyers in Philly, the game where he scored the winning goal in OT by hanging at the blue line. That whole game he was *****ing at the refs about Hatcher.

Yeah...Wow...you convinced me so much...he must suck so bad. I guess I better bow down to the Flyers...since no team will ever be able to compete with them...

If I recall correctly, doesn't he lead all rookies in points? Dude he sucks...

Crosby is amazing. For being 18 years old and being better then most, that's amazing to me. Dunno about you...

We do have a ton of talent...it's just we're not working together correctly...trust me...we'll be near the top next year...

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 08:42 AM

Actually, they we're just talking about how much better it has become. I <3 the NHL.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 08:49 AM

It is actually the complete opposite of what you said.

NHL is having the best attendence records they have seen in awhile.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10617255/

Like someone else said, Philly has already sold out every home game for the rest of the year.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah...Wow...you convinced me so much...he must suck so bad. I guess I better bow down to the Flyers...since no team will ever be able to compete with them...

If I recall correctly, doesn't he lead all rookies in points? Dude he sucks...

No, he doesnt.

Sidney Crosby- 20 goals, 21 assists.

Alex Ovechkin- 25 goals, 23 assists.

And the dude from Calgary is creeping up on Crosby as well.

I am not trying to argue, But Crosby is NOT the best rookie in this league.

01-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Antero Niittymaki should be rookie of the year. Hes been amazing lately.

01-07-2006, 10:14 AM
No, he doesnt.

Sidney Crosby- 20 goals, 21 assists.

Alex Ovechkin- 25 goals, 23 assists.

And the dude from Calgary is creeping up on Crosby as well.

I am not trying to argue, But Crosby is NOT the best rookie in this league. Yea, Dion Phaneuf is a really good player. If I had to pick between Crosby and Dion, i'd pick Phaneuf hands down.

01-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I made this this morning. its not done yet, but you get the general idea:D

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4967/flyerssig1copy5de.jpg

Guy400
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
It is actually the complete opposite of what you said.

NHL is having the best attendence records they have seen in awhile.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/attendance?year=2006

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10617255/

Like someone else said, Philly has already sold out every home game for the rest of the year. While that may be true I should've clarified my statement. Average TV viewership and attendance ratings for the NHL against the NFL, MLB or even NASCAR are miniscule. Comparitively speaking, the NHL is way down the list of American sports interests. Live attendance at a NASCAR race is unbelievable. What's even more impressive is the distances fans travel to watch a race. My brother lives 10 - 15 minutes from LMS in Concord, NC. Walk through the parking lots and look at the license plates and they'll be from all over the country. I highly doubt you have a substantial amount of people travelling days just to watch the Flyers play. Regionally hockey might be popular but on a national scale the American public hardly cares.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 11:11 AM
While that may be true I should've clarified my statement. Average TV viewership and attendance ratings for the NHL against the NFL, MLB or even NASCAR are miniscule. Comparitively speaking, the NHL is way down the list of American sports interests. Live attendance at a NASCAR race is unbelievable. What's even more impressive is the distances fans travel to watch a race. My brother lives 10 - 15 minutes from LMS in Concord, NC. Walk through the parking lots and look at the license plates and they'll be from all over the country. I highly doubt you have a substantial amount of people travelling days just to watch the Flyers play. Regionally hockey might be popular but on a national scale the American public hardly cares.

Yea, which is really ashame.

Because as anyone who has played high level hockey like me will tell you, these guys are 10 times more talented than any bum MLB player or guys that drive around in circles for a few hours.

The talent in the NHL is unbelieveable and does not get enough credit... Hands down one of the hardest sports to play.

Well, I like it and I think it is WAY more entertaining than watching an NBA game or cars go around in circles.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 11:19 AM

Okay, I have to say more about this. If you got smacked in the face with a stick, busted your lip open and chipped your tooth, and there was no penalty or anything called, you wouldn't say anything to the ref? You can't say you wouldn't.

I really don't care what you guys think about Crosby. He ain't a whiner, he's a human hockey player. And a damn good one at that.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Okay, I have to say more about this. If you got smacked in the face with a stick, busted your lip open and chipped your tooth, and there was no penalty or anything called, you wouldn't say anything to the ref? You can't say you wouldn't.

I really don't care what you guys think about Crosby. He ain't a whiner, he's a human hockey player. And a damn good one at that.

Would I be mad??

Yes, I would be... but I would not whine to the refs.. They teach you that in bantam hockey when your 14 years old.

You don't whine to the refs you get back at him but putting it in the opponents net.

How many times has Foresberg been the victim of cheap shots throughout his carrer and still today??

Crosby had to have known coming into this year that every game he played there would be people gunning for him.

Especially when your playing against Hatcher, Who is notorious throughout his carrer for waiting until the key player on the other team puts his head down and goes for him.

The guy from Atlanta taunted Crosby last night. Kovalcuk i think his name is.

It is not just an ironice thing that all these teams taunt him.. They do it because they know it gets him off his game.

01-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Forsberg gets the **** kicked out of him nearly every game by the other teams players and hardly any of them are called. What does he do? He passes the puck or puts it in the back of the net. 19 or 20 goals and 41 assists.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Only reason he said anything to the ref was because there should have been a penalty! Yes, players do get cheap shot a lot, and it sucks. But I don't see it as "whining" at all if you let a ref know about it. If Forsberg doesn't say anything, good for him. I just don't see anything wrong with letting a ref know.

That was stupid what Kovalchuk did last night, but it happens. Tonight is gonna be a good game. There definatly be a fight. Hopefully, Andre Roy gets in one. I wanna see him crush somebody.

-Justin

Matt37
01-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Forsberg gets the **** kicked out of him nearly every game by the other teams players and hardly any of them are called. What does he do? He passes the puck or puts it in the back of the net. 19 or 20 goals and 41 assists.

Exactly, Any youth hockey player learns that early on.

Nothing good comes from retaliation.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Only reason he said anything to the ref was because there should have been a penalty! Yes, players do get cheap shot a lot, and it sucks. But I don't see it as "whining" at all if you let a ref know about it. If Forsberg doesn't say anything, good for him. I just don't see anything wrong with letting a ref know.

That was stupid what Kovalchuk did last night, but it happens. Tonight is gonna be a good game. There definatly be a fight. Hopefully, Andre Roy gets in one. I wanna see him crush somebody.

-Justin

Who you guys playing last night??

I am sure you guys are happy we gave you LeClair and Reechi..LOL

Reechi isnt bad, but LeClair is horendous.

And they are both way past their prime.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Who you guys playing last night??

I am sure you guys are happy we gave you LeClair and Reechi..LOL

Reechi isnt bad, but LeClair is horendous.

And they are both way past their prime.

Haha yeah...ever since LeClair broke the bone in his face, he hasn't been to where he was. Recchi is still decent...

It's a rematch tonight against the Thrashers. They beat us 6-4 last night, but we scored all 4 goals in the 3rd period. Marc-Andre Fleury should be starting, so we should have a good chance of winning.
It's a home game too, and I'm going haha.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Haha yeah...ever since LeClair broke the bone in his face, he hasn't been to where he was. Recchi is still decent...

It's a rematch tonight against the Thrashers. They beat us 6-4 last night, but we scored all 4 goals in the 3rd period. Marc-Andre Fleury should be starting, so we should have a good chance of winning.
It's a home game too, and I'm going haha.

Cool.

I was discussing this last game that we played you guys at home, about 2 weeks ago.

And I think Pitts. should just use LeClair the same way Philadelphia used him.

On the PP just park him right infront of the net and fire away from the point.

That is one thing LeClair is very good at... screening the goalie on the PP.

01-07-2006, 12:22 PM

It's a home game too, and I'm going haha. I bet Kovalchuck gets another HT.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I bet Kovalchuck gets another HT.

Did you even watch the game? I bet he doesn't. I bet he'll come close to getting his *** kicked...

We should use LeClair like that. He got a goal last night, but they don't use him much on the Powerplay. Mainly use Crosby, Ziggy Palffy, and this other Rookie Michelle Oullet, who is a monster. 8 goals in last 12 games. He was called up from our baby pens team.

01-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Did you even watch the game? I bet he doesn't. I bet he'll come close to getting his *** kicked...

We should use LeClair like that. He got a goal last night, but they don't use him much on the Powerplay. Mainly use Crosby, Ziggy Palffy, and this other Rookie Michelle Oullet, who is a monster. 8 goals in last 12 games. He was called up from our baby pens team. Alexi is the Thrashers, the rest won't let anyone get to him. He'll have more protection then the trojan man tonight.

fasterthanyouex
01-07-2006, 02:02 PM
[B]Yea, which is really ashame.

Because as anyone who has played high level hockey like me will tell you, these guys are 10 times more talented than any bum MLB player or guys that drive around in circles for a few hours.

to the guy who said this how can you call them a bum. You Dont relize how much skill it takes to run a car run inches away from other cars goin 170 mph...You have to have steady hands..there is quiet abit of skill involved. I am not agrueing that being a nascar driver take more skill then a NHL player but there really not bums

01-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Matt400ex_17
I THINK THAT IM THE ONLY PERSON THAT CURRENTLY LIVES IN MICHIGAN AND ONLY 1 1/2 HOURS FROM DETROIT BUT I LOVE COLORADO!!!! GO AVS!!! I HAVE BEEN A SAKIC FAN SINCE THE QUEBEC DAYS... DETROIT IS THE YANKEES OF HOCKEY AND I HATE EM. THERE ARE RETIREMENT HOMES WITH YOUNGER ROSTERS. http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/122405/your-caps-lock.gif

N2O
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
There's a reason why people don't watch it a lot, it's because it sucks. Oh boy, let's watch grown men skate around on the ice and then get in fights when they don't get their way. I cheered when the US beat Russia in the Olympics and that's it.

01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
go away Nacs:rolleyes:

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Actually, they we're just talking about how much better it has become. I <3 the NHL.

Then your a bandwagon fan,im sorry to say.
I enjoyed the tight games,right until the end,not this open end bullchit,goalie trapezoid,wtf is that.No two line pass...the only thing i approve of is the shootout.And with these new penatlies,suck my ***,you shoot the puck over its a two minute penalty.How about if someone scores the cup winning goal over a stupid penatly like that.

And hockey will never die down,it was one of the original sports.It will never die down.

DIE HARD FOR LIFE!@!!

01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JDiablo
I enjoyed the tight games,right until the end,not this open end bullchit,goalie trapezoid,wtf is that.No two line pass...the only thing i approve of is the shootout.And with these new penatlies,suck my ***,you shoot the puck over its a two minute penalty.How about if someone scores the cup winning goal over a stupid penatly like that.

And hockey will never die down,it was one of the original sports.It will never die down.

DIE HARD FOR LIFE!@!! You're just pissed cause the Devil's suck this year:p

Matt37
01-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by fasterthanyouex
to the guy who said this how can you call them a bum. You Dont relize how much skill it takes to run a car run inches away from other cars goin 170 mph...You have to have steady hands..there is quiet abit of skill involved. I am not agrueing that being a nascar driver take more skill then a NHL player but there really not bums

Iam sorry.

I should not have worded it that way, believe me I am a nascar fan. I go to Dover twice a year and the Pocono race once a year.

But, they are not as skilled as NHL players. And MLB players are not a skilled as NHL players either. And Nascar and MLB is not as exciting.

That is why I dont understand why it is not more popular.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 03:29 PM

DIE HARD FOR LIFE!@!!

THe guys on TV we're talking about how much better attendance and everything was, not the rules.

I <3 the NHL, not the new rules. I agree with you. They are all BS and should be removed.

-Justin

01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
The game is alot faster paced and more entertaining to watch. Not play-whistle-play-whistle every minute.

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 03:46 PM
You're just pissed cause the Devil's suck this year:p

Ahaha,no im just pissed because they are always changing the game,leave it the god damn way it was.

The new rules are BS,the islanders just lost there two goalies due to people crashing the net,which in the "old" nhl would have never happened.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by N2O
There's a reason why people don't watch it a lot, it's because it sucks. Oh boy, let's watch grown men skate around on the ice and then get in fights when they don't get their way. I cheered when the US beat Russia in the Olympics and that's it.

Are you serious??

you can say that about any sport.. Who wants to go watch grown men throw a ball around ( football) who wants to go watch a sport where grown men hit a ball around (baseball)

Your an idiot, that is all I can really say about you....:rolleyes:

Matt37
01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Ahaha,no im just pissed because they are always changing the game,leave it the god damn way it was.

The new rules are BS,the islanders just lost there two goalies due to people crashing the net,which in the "old" nhl would have never happened.

Actually, I cannot stand the goaltender interference.

I think the players should be aloud to make minimal contact with the goalies without being pentalized.

Just like roughing the passer in the NFL is BS.

You cannot even touch the quarterback without getting a penatly, It is ridiculious.

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Haha is the type that plays the ***** sport.

Please i would love to see you go on the ice and TRY to skate,try to play,and try to succed.This is the only sport where you can fight and not get suspended for it.If you fought in basketball,you will get a 30 game suspension.....why because it is a ***** sport:devil:

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Actually, I cannot stand the goaltender interference.

I think the players should be aloud to make minimal contact with the goalies without being pentalized.

Just like roughing the passer in the NFL is BS.

You cannot even touch the quarterback without getting a penatly, It is ridiculious.

At least Brodeur is party of the players committe,he should have a good say.I think alot of the goaltender rules were put into place because of him....lol have to love my Marty.

01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Brouder should retire, he should quit soon before he sucks any worse.

Matt37
01-07-2006, 05:02 PM

LOL, I cannot wait til Monday when we go up to the Meadow Lands and destroy the Devils at home.

I am thinking a Foresberg hat trick!..:D

01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
LOL, I cannot wait til Monday when we go up to the Meadow Lands and destroy the Devils at home.

I am thinking a Foresberg hat trick!..:D :cool: :cool: :cool:

I made this today, its not done, but you get the general idea:D

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4967/flyerssig1copy5de.jpg

N2O
01-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Are you serious??

you can say that about any sport.. Who wants to go watch grown men throw a ball around ( football) who wants to go watch a sport where grown men hit a ball around (baseball)

Your an idiot, that is all I can really say about you....:rolleyes: Who wants to see grown men throw around a football or whack a ball with a stick? Umm, about 80,000+ per game per team. I'm supposed to be impressed that hockey has 18,000 fans in the arena this year versus only having 16,000 last year? I don't think so. It's like saying Corky is smart for a retard. I think 18,000 people showed up to watch American Gladiators :rolleyes:

Call me an idiot if you want but you shouldn't be mad at me because hardly anyone in this country cares about professional hockey. :rolleyes:

01-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by N2O
Who wants to see grown men throw around a football or whack a ball with a stick? Umm, about 80,000+ per game per team. I'm supposed to be impressed that hockey has 18,000 fans in the arena this year versus only having 16,000 last year? I don't think so. It's like saying Corky is smart for a retard. I think 18,000 people showed up to watch American Gladiators :rolleyes:

Call me an idiot if you want but you shouldn't be mad at me because hardly anyone in this country cares about professional hockey. :rolleyes: So far 8,574,327 people have gone to a hockey game this year. I think those 8,574,327 people would disagree that no one cares about hockey.

N2O
01-07-2006, 06:36 PM
So far 8,574,327 people have gone to a hockey game this year. I think those 8,574,327 people would disagree that no one cares about hockey. Wow, that's 30 teams playing 35+ games already. The NFL had 33.4 million for only 15-16 games. That's 4 times the amount of live fans in less than 1/2 the games. TV rating numbers are even more imposing.

You're more than welcome to enjoy hockey. I'm just saying that a vast majority of American sporting fans don't care too much for it. If they did you'd see 80,000 clammoring to get into a hockey game at every team's arena on game night.

01-07-2006, 06:42 PM
We just need rappers to start wearing hockey jerseys in their videos. it really worked for football and basketball.

N2O
01-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Way to respond with something completely out of left field when you no longer have any facts to support your position:huh

01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Who else like frisbie?:ermm:

N2O
01-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
Who else like frisbie?:ermm: More people than hockey,,,lmfao:D

01-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Tags pretty interesting, or cops and robbers?:ermm:

01-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by N2O
Way to respond with something completely out of left field when you no longer have any facts to support your position:huh You didn't get what I said?

01-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Tags pretty interesting, or cops and robbers?:ermm: If you don't like hockey, then don't post in a hockey thread, umkay?

01-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I probaly like hockey more than you. GO MONTREAL.

01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I probaly like hockey more than you. GO MONTREAL. I've played for 11 years, and I haven't missed a flyers home game in 3 seasons. I watch every game there is on the NHL Center Ice channels. Theres not many that like hockey more then me.

FoxRacing81
01-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Comparing NHL to NFL is like comparing apples to oranges. Not comparable at all. Of course NFL will have more attendance. Look at the size of the arenas.

Of course football is going to be more popular. Do you ever see a Fantasy Hockey Show? or Pro Hockey Preview? or NHL Live? You don't. It isn't advertised as much, so it shouldn't be close to football.

-Justin

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 10:05 PM

Haha funny comment,Brodeur is the best.He still has another FIVE years in him at least....and they way we are playing lately,you Flyers better watch out.Lol I can't wait for that game,im going to it.I wonder how many times Cam Janneson is going to get into a fight.

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I've played for 11 years, and I haven't missed a flyers home game in 3 seasons. I watch every game there is on the NHL Center Ice channels. Theres not many that like hockey more then me.

HELL YA,i watch hockey 24/7 even if it isn't the Devils,thank god for center ice too. :macho

01-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Haha funny comment,Brodeur is the best.He still has another FIVE years in him at least....and they way we are playing lately,you Flyers better watch out.Lol I can't wait for that game,im going to it.I wonder how many times Cam Janneson is going to get into a fight. Pfft we'll own your asses:p

JDiablo
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Pfft we'll own your asses:p

We will see:devil:

fleming
01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
Red Wings baby- hockey town

Amen brother.

01-08-2006, 10:00 PM
We will see:devil: The games tomorrow. You can admit that the flyers are gonna win, and I can forget this ever happened:macho

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 05:26 AM
The games tomorrow. You can admit that the flyers are gonna win, and I can forget this ever happened:macho

Hahaha we will see,i will be at the game tonite for sure. :macho

01-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Ahh, your 10000th post! I hope you didn't waste it thinking the Devils are gonna win:p

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Ahh, your 10000th post! I hope you didn't waste it thinking the Devils are gonna win:p

I made that 10000 just for them.....LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Either way i know its going to be a hell of a game.

Matt37
01-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I made that 10000 just for them.....LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Either way i know its going to be a hell of a game.

I am starting to get more and more pumped as we close in on the start time.

I am sure Nitty is going to stand on his head again tonight!

I just hope Thieren, Rathje and Hatcher have a good game. The Flyers D is the key to weather they won or lose any game.

Because in my opinon, The flyers O can outplay anyone in this league.

But, their D needs to get stronger.

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Yup most likely Nitty is going to be in net.I wonder when the first fight is going to break out,haha.45 more mins and off to the game.

To tell you the truth,the Flyers when i last watched them play,they looked sloppy,but their offense made up for it,idk if its like that every game though.....tonite will sure tell.:macho

Matt37
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Yup most likely Nitty is going to be in net.I wonder when the first fight is going to break out,haha.45 more mins and off to the game.

To tell you the truth,the Flyers when i last watched them play,they looked sloppy,but their offense made up for it,idk if its like that every game though.....tonite will sure tell.:macho

I was going to get tickets to the game as well.

I heard they are easy to get and I am only about an hour and a half away from the Meadow Lands.

Is it true you guys never sell out??

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
I was going to get tickets to the game as well.

I heard they are easy to get and I am only about an hour and a half away from the Meadow Lands.

Is it true you guys never sell out??

Yup,all we have here are bandwagon fans,its pisses me off,we didnt even sell out the first game of the season :rolleyes: .

Buncha bootleg fans we have here though,but im with them till the end,every piece of ice,skin,teeth,blood sweat....DIEHARD FOR LIFE!!!

Matt37
01-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Yup,all we have here are bandwagon fans,its pisses me off,we didnt even sell out the first game of the season :rolleyes: .

Buncha bootleg fans we have here though,but im with them till the end,every piece of ice,skin,teeth,blood sweat....DIEHARD FOR LIFE!!!

Great game man!

You guys DEFENITLY deserved that one.

The problem playing the Devils is once your get down a goal they set up the trap and clog the blue lines and that is it.

O well, the Flyers first road regulation loss since mid-november.

It would be stupid to complain.

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Ya awesome game,my throat is killing me,there were SOOOO many fights in the stands.My friend had beer thrown on his head,lmao it was hilarious.

01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, that loss just capped off my ****ty day. My best friend since I was 3 got killed in a car accident this afternoon:(

Matt37
01-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Ya awesome game,my throat is killing me,there were SOOOO many fights in the stands.My friend had beer thrown on his head,lmao it was hilarious.

Were there alot of Flyers fan there??

You could not tell that well on TV, besides the occasional "Zeus" chant.

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Were there alot of Flyers fan there??

You could not tell that well on TV, besides the occasional "Zeus" chant.

There where alot in the nosebleed parts.A pretty decent amount I would say,but the Flyers games,and the rangers and leafs games are the best to go to.....Devils,Flyers defiently number one though.....

And MXFourTwoEight I'm sorry to hear that...:(

fasterthanyouex
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
in all honestly i think the best game ever to watch was anytime in the 97 or 98 Avz Vs Redwings

JDiablo
01-09-2006, 08:56 PM
I am talking about the Devils....the best playoff series what either Philly in 2000 or Ottawa in 2003.

Quad18star
01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
I think one of the best playoff series I've ever watched was the Calgary vs Tampa . Talk about a hard hitting , faced paced final .

How often do you see the captains of both teams fight in a final series of playoffs ?? Now thats a good way to get both teams pumped , as well as the fans .

Now my turn to throw in my 2 cents about subject covered earlier .

When the new rules were first mentioned during the strike , I wasn't a big fan of it ... but now that I see the game being played with them , I really enjoy them .

The old rules slowed the whole tempo of the game down ... Teams constantly played the "trap" . Now we're seeing guys break away because the goalie can pass the puck while the other team is changing and not worry about 2 line passes . It makes for an exciting game to watch .

I also like the " forbiden zone" for the goalies . What happened before was the puck would get thrown in the corner ... opposing team would rush in and the goalie just wristed it pass them . Now the defencemen are forced to actually skate .

No touch iceing ....... should have came into play years ago . I think everyone would agree . Who likes watching guys rush in ... one lose ballance and end up with a broken neck ??

Shootout at the end of tied games ....... I like it . Makes it interesting to watch and the teams actually try for a win .

Automatic 2 minute penalty for throwing the puck over the glass .... great rule . Players and goalies would purposely put the puck out of play if they were caught in their own end and knew their guys were getting tired . Go ahead .. try it now . LOL

Ratings are at their highest ever ... but trying to compare it to Baseball , Football or Nascar , is like comparing the color white to the color black. Both have their targeted audiances .

Hockey is a winter sport ... so most of it's audience are residents of regions that have actually seen snow before ( ie northern states ) . The amount of people living in the northern states is a lot less than those in the southern states (ie mostly support football , baseball or Nascar) .

If you go to most any NHL hockey game up here in Canada , you're lucky to get a seat . Most games are sold out months ahead of time . I tried to get Maple Leaf tickets for a few games this season ... no such luck .

What the NHL needs to do is get rid of the cities that don't support hockey . I watched the Washington vs Ottawa game last week . What a disgrace . Ottawa is ranked one of the best teams in the league .... they were playing in Washington ..... a crowd of 3000 people in an arena that hold 20 000 .

Bring the Sens to any hockey town and they would sell out the arena in minutes . Bring them to a non supporting town and you get what was dealt last week ..... a disgrace to the game . :macho

Matt37
01-10-2006, 08:09 PM
To me the best game in Flyers history,

Was on January 11, 1976. When the Flyers faced off against the Soviet Union.

The Flyers were the first ones in years to figure out how to play against the Soviets. You let the Soviets do all there deking and crap inside their own zone and then once they hit center ice you contain them and put a body on them.

The Soviets got so mad they left the ice halfway through the game, after someone on the Flyers hit one of their players and knocked him out cold. They said the Flyers were playing "unfairly" physical.

Then Ed Snider (Flyers owner to this day) told the Soviets if they did not get back on the ice they were not getting paid.

Defenitly, the best game ever. Flyers were the first to figure out how to beat them in years. And then after that it took another 4 years for anyone else to figure it out.

Quad18star
01-10-2006, 08:27 PM
To me the best game in Flyers history,

Was on January 11, 1976. When the Flyers faced off against the Soviet Union.

The Flyers were the first ones in years to figure out how to play against the Soviets. You let the Soviets do all there deking and crap inside their own zone and then once they hit center ice you contain them and put a body on them.

The Soviets got so mad they left the ice halfway through the game, after someone on the Flyers hit one of their players and knocked him out cold. They said the Flyers were playing "unfairly" physical.

Then Ed Snider (Flyers owner to this day) told the Soviets if they did not get back on the ice they were not getting paid.

Defenitly, the best game ever. Flyers were the first to figure out how to beat them in years. And then after that it took another 4 years for anyone else to figure it out.

That was a pretty interesting game .

Talking about most memorable moments ... for me it would have to be watching the old tapes of the Canada vs Russia in the 1972 Summit Series . Most famous goal of the century for many people in Canada , would be Paul Henderson's goal ... game 8 in Moscow .

01-10-2006, 10:12 PM
my predators are tearing it up now. me and the g/f went to the game tonight here in nashville, tn and watched them beat the islanders

bandicot
01-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Las Vegas Wranglers, ECHL

fasterthanyouex
01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
well Detroit just beat the flyers!!!!!!!yea

maybe that was a preview of the stanley cup finals?

JDiablo
01-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by fasterthanyouex
well Detroit just beat the flyers!!!!!!!yea

maybe that was a preview of the stanley cup finals?

The finals will be Devils,Det rematch of 95 :macho