PDA

View Full Version : Ramp help needed...

Honda6sv
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Alright, I have the plans I am going to be using to build my ramp. It will be the rev one like almost every other ramp out there. What are the REQUIRED materials needed to be completely safe and assuring that there will be enough support on the ramp?
For the face of the ramp, should I use sheet metal or that expanded metal...

Ive figured, for the surface, sheet metal will add a little more weight but is a little bit more reliable...and that the expanded metal is a little more light weight and cheaper...any opinions?

...Just a list is all I'm looking for

Rootar
12-19-2005, 10:38 PM
ok first off to jsut use an enpanded metal surface, your braces need to be closer together if thats all your using, ALSO jsut making sure you know you have to use Raised expanded metal, for using the sheet metal you first lay the sheet metal and then you put expanded metal on top of it, sheet metal does add strength but if you have good welds and the right braces its not nessecary, i used only expanded metal on mine and its great, my braces are centered every 16 inches and its solid and incredibly smooth. just take your time and make sure your curve match perfect and youll be good to go.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p43666e99f278f2f4103883b37b3657d8/f5663f7f.jpg

Honda6sv
12-20-2005, 06:31 PM
any such thing as a list of steel needed for the standard rev 1 ramp only wider...8' wide...any at all?