PDA

View Full Version : Which brand cams?

djm137
12-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I decided to get stage 2 cams for my z400 but I would like to know which brand you all think is the best in terms of reliability and power. I have seen many conflicting opinions on this and can't really decide. Should I get hotcams or webcams or something else? Also, could you include a site where to get these because rocky mountain and dennis kirk don't sell stage 2 I don't think. Thanks for the replies.

wheeltrax
12-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I have a hotcam in my 400ex and have yet to have any problems. My friend purchased both hotcams for his z400, and after 2 years hasnt had a problem either. With the hotcams you just drop in, you dont have to get hardened rockers like with other cams.

bwamos
12-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by djm137
I decided to get stage 2 cams for my z400 but I would like to know which brand you all think is the best in terms of reliability and power. I have seen many conflicting opinions on this and can't really decide. Should I get hotcams or webcams or something else? Also, could you include a site where to get these because rocky mountain and dennis kirk don't sell stage 2 I don't think. Thanks for the replies.

You're going to really have 1 deciding factor here.

What is the level of wear on your existing rocker arms?

Little to no wear = Hotcam (no need to replace the rocker arms).

Moderate wear = Webcam (weld harden the rockers required. Cheaper since you'd have to replace them anyway with a hotcam).

That's my 2 cents worth.

:)

Also I beleive you can buy them both from C&D racing. Site sponsor.

knight rider
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
iv got hot cams stage 2 in my 440ex

K_Fulk
12-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know much about z400's but I thought most twin cam motors didnt have rockers. Beacuse the cams directly actuate the valves.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.