PDA

View Full Version : Quad Tech Shock Shrouds

KRMit
12-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Are these the best things to run? I want to protect my new shocks, but outerwears rub the paint off the coils. About how much do the guards run and where's the best place to order them?

12-19-2005, 10:03 AM
check quad tech's site.........but just a word of advice.

quad tech always equals expensive!!

Lonestar_R
12-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Run PEP Shock Covers...they are Neoprene (Like Wet Suit Material) instead of Nylon...and they have a Zipper not Velcro......they aren't cheap, but way cheaper that Quad Tech....Baldwin I know has them

KRMit
12-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
Run PEP Shock Covers...they are Neoprene (Like Wet Suit Material) instead of Nylon...and they have a Zipper not Velcro......they aren't cheap, but way cheaper that Quad Tech....Baldwin I know has them
I'm actually getting PEP shocks from Baldwin and they're including the covers. I was just concerned with running them and rubbing the paint off the coils. Do you think they're better than the Quad Techs?

400exMO
12-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Would the shock covers even run off the paint on aftermarket suspension?
Sorry not trying to hyjack thread.

Lonestar_R
12-19-2005, 11:04 AM
No I don't think.....I have them on my 250R....and they are soft.....just wait till you get them you will see they are much better than what you are used to seeing......they put the Shockwears to shame

KRMit
12-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm sure they'll still rub the paint off. My Elkas and Elka covers did. But I guess it's still better than getting mud and sand all over the shocks.

brink400
12-19-2005, 02:20 PM
The elka covers are the same as shock wears, they are made out of nylon type stuff. Neoprene is waaaaay softer and much less abrasive then the nylon, so theres less of a chance of rubbing the paint off. Once you get them you will understand. But just wait and see, cause the quadtech covers are like 100 bux and you probably wont need them with the neoprene covers.

XCRACER26
12-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I wouldnt get any thing carbonfiber it just seems to much money for something that if it gets hit just right will shatter. if you have the covers on why why would it matter if the pait wore off??:huh

Ridin' Jesse
12-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
I'm actually getting PEP shocks from Baldwin and they're including the covers. I was just concerned with running them and rubbing the paint off the coils. Do you think they're better than the Quad Techs?

a friend of mine runs those covers n they work real good..no wear on the paint of the coils at all really.

OKTRX450R
12-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Here is a different point of view...

The shock covers all hold heat in (the neoprene worse then the others)...the shocks need air traveling past them to remove heat, with the covers on this can not happen.

Not running shock covers allows your shocks to get blasted from whomever you are following. In my case I ride dunes, so basically my shock shafts are being sand blasted by whomever is in front of me...

The Quad techs will protect the shock shafts and allow cooling...

Brit Mansell
12-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by KRMit
Are these the best things to run? I want to protect my new shocks, but outerwears rub the paint off the coils. About how much do the guards run and where's the best place to order them?

I have run the QT covers for the past few years now and have been overly impressed with their durability. Like someone else said earlier I was afraid they would shatter if they were hit just right, but they haven't and they've been roosted on a lot.

Plus, I like the fact that you don't have to take them off after each ride to clean the shocks like you do with the zip up or velcro type covers.

.brit

12-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by OKTRX450R
Here is a different point of view...

The shock covers all hold heat in (the neoprene worse then the others)...the shocks need air traveling past them to remove heat, with the covers on this can not happen.

Not running shock covers allows your shocks to get blasted from whomever you are following. In my case I ride dunes, so basically my shock shafts are being sand blasted by whomever is in front of me...

The Quad techs will protect the shock shafts and allow cooling...

you should join the sales team at Quad Tech. That was a beautiful description. I'd bet you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress (Tommy Boy).

Their stuff is nice, but I think it costs way too much. Someone in that company is getting very rich!!!

OKTRX450R
12-20-2005, 10:06 AM
LOL!!!

I agree, they are high dollar and I have not been able to step up to the plate yet either...I have a buddy running them and i really like them. The other thing that urks me is they come with the stickers already on??? I personally am not a sticker guy so I do not run any...we took the stickers off my friends and the material looks a bit different underneath and you can tell where the stickers were... :mad:

I am running the nylon type shock covers because they are cooler then the neoprene but they still hold a lot of heat.

That is the question...hold heat in or sand blast? :confused: Or, door #3 $100 bones for the QTs...

Originally posted by force
you should join the sales team at Quad Tech. That was a beautiful description. I'd bet you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress (Tommy Boy).

Their stuff is nice, but I think it costs way too much. Someone in that company is getting very rich!!!

XCRACER26
12-20-2005, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by force
[B]you should join the sales team at Quad Tech. That was a beautiful description. I'd bet you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress (Tommy Boy).

:p :D :) :) :D :p

Lightning
12-20-2005, 11:13 AM
what is the web adress for quadtech need to check out the seat

Brit Mansell
12-20-2005, 11:16 AM
www.QuadTech-ATV.com (http://www.QuadTech-ATV.com)

Lightning
12-20-2005, 11:23 AM
thanks Brit

OKTRX450R
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
FYI...for any other's not wanting the stickers installed Quad Tech told me you can just put in the comments field to not apply the stickers...it is no problem.

I emailed them today...