PDA

View Full Version : 05 450r problem

Shaved96
12-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I have a 05 with a full HRC kit and White Brothers e2 slip on. the dealer ship put everything in and I beleave they put a 185 main in the carb. I dont know if it is just the cold weather but after everything is going good for like the first ten minuites of riding it starts to bog down and does want to go anywhere. My head pipe glows red so that means it is running lean. what can I do to fix the lean and the bogging problem?

thugpassion4lif
12-19-2005, 09:36 AM
if the dealership did it take it back to them make it their problem. your gonna need a larger main for sure. the lean mix may even be part of the cause for your bogging, the motor is getting so hot it doesnt want to work efficiently.

400exMO
12-19-2005, 11:16 AM
If you know enough about the jetting do it yourself. Because from what my friends have went through, the dealer will have it for over a week.

XCRACER26
12-19-2005, 01:17 PM
does your overheat light come on? because it could be alot of things belive it or not stupid things. like check the breather hose on the gas cap. because with the cold weather any moisture in the hose will turn to ice and it can clog. just stupid **** like that that. carb vent and other stuff. try those things before you go messing with your jetting. If it ran good when it was warm it will run good when it is cold.its just the way 4 strokes are unlike 2 strokes. If it was your jetting it would cut out for the get go not ten minutes later.