PDA

View Full Version : Quadzilla?

Ben
06-29-2002, 05:13 PM
How much should I plan on spending on a nice Quadzilla in a lt250r frame? It has everything new but the back brakes don't work - it may need rebled but it may need cylinder work. How does $2,200 sound?

ALSO - Can someone point me to some Quadzilla sites? I can't seem to find a one.

CR125Rider
07-08-2002, 06:39 PM
you should try to go to google and search for quadzilla. i'm not too sure how much you should pay for it, but everyone i've talked to that had one said they had problems with blowing out the head gasket. and some other stuff, can't really remember, so i guess theres a pretty good amount of maitaince in those things. but i'd probably get them down on the price.

07-09-2002, 05:19 AM
how much hp did a stock quadzilla have when they first came out??
killer

07-10-2002, 12:23 AM
87' Zillas have a 6 stud head. They are MORE prone to blow head gaskets, but it is not likely if you put the top end together properly. 88+ Zillas have a 7 stud head and hardly blow gaskets, especially if properly put together.

All Zillas came from the factory needing main bearing boss inserts.
They wear out over time (mine took 14 years) and will require a fix. It is not expensive. just get it done when you rebuild the motor. (tudorsperformance.com does an excellent job)

They are reliable, but you need to maintain them.
Mine is reliable, extensive dragracing idling over and over gave me NO overheating, and repeated starting gave it no trouble.

Stock HP at the rear wheels is about 45-50.
I recently discovered my Zilla is HARD to launch with tons of traction.... wheelie like crazy and scare the piss out of myself or walk it out slowly, or slip the clutch. Couldnt get it right.

Fun fun, though. My ported/polished Zilla pulls from idle like a huge 4 stroke.

see it here.

photos.yahoo.com/mrmitchell680