PDA

View Full Version : Help with 2006r plushness

az2006450r
12-19-2005, 05:49 AM
I just bought a 2006 450r (electric) and man is it a fun machine. i do have one problem though I need help with, The factory ride is so dang stiff its not funny. The front suspension on this thing is like riding a mountain bike with no suspension. I have made the compression and rebound both softer, took out the preload of the stock shocks and it still is hard. I weigh 215 lbs to. What do i need todo to get this thing to be a little plusher and less punishing in the front? the rear is fine. Or is this normal for this bike?

Jeff

cracer250
12-19-2005, 06:48 AM
My 04 was the same way. They made the front shocks too stiff for that light of a quad IMO. Buy aftermarket or have them re-valved/sprung.

400exMO
12-19-2005, 06:57 AM
If you don't have money for aftermarket, send them to GT Thunder. He'll do magic to them and you'll love the plushness!

supradean
12-19-2005, 07:12 AM
I clicked both upper and lower 3 clicks softer. Make sure you turn the clicks the right way.
Then just ride the thing. You will get use to it so fast that you will want the suspension stiffer cause you will be going faster. Just give it some time.
TRUST ME.

Im 31 and when i first got mine i was like wow, its kinda harsh. Its been 2 months and its going out for triple rate stiffer springs.
Just push yourself a little harder on things you feel comforatable on.
I only weigh 180 so it should be close to on for you.
Honda has the quad set up for 220lb riders on the valving but the springs are for a 160lb rider. So playing with the valving may help.
I would take 2 clicks out of the front but upper and lower and take 2 out of the rear on the bottom of the shock.
You will be happy

MAD450r
12-19-2005, 12:14 PM
The first weekend I took my 450r out it was so stiff it didn't ride in a strait line when I was excellerating hard. So as other's said I made my rebound slower and softened up the conpression some.

I only weight 130ish in gear. After I adjusted things the best I could get, I found the roughest nasty woop's we had on our track, then I just kept running through it to break the shocks in. It was ok after an hour or so of ripping through the rough stuff.

If you can afford it i'd recommend having them all revalved and change the link. That rear link was the best mod I did to my 450r so far.