PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal Question (s)

Quad18star
12-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Alright ... so I've signed up for Pay Pal a while ago to pay someone for a product I bought . It was easy ... it was done through Ebay and all I needed to do was enter in a card number .

Now I want to be receiving payments from people ... and I've started looking into it and it's confusing me .

First off .... does PayPal take a percentage of whatever you sell ??

How do I get the money?? Does it get credited to my credit card?? Do they send me a check in the mail , does it go into my bank account ( if so how does that work) ??

I'm new at this , and I don't want to end up getting screwed out of money or not understand what the heck I'm doing . If you guys can give me any info , I'd appreciate it .

12-18-2005, 10:10 PM
paypal does take a percentage out and im not sure what it is. after you get your money theres a few things you can do with it. the one I use is I have them send the money for free to my bank account through an electronic transfer but what I used to do is have them charge me $1.50 for them to send me a check

crday98
12-18-2005, 10:27 PM
paypal does take a percentage of money that you will receive from people if it is a "premier / business account". no charges apply for personal accounts . the only drawback to a personal account is that you cannot receive payments by credit cards. there is a chart on the paypal site that tells you how much they will take for each amount for "premier / business accounts". i believe it is 1% more for receiving money from another country. here is the link to the Canadian chart https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside&countries=CA

you have a few options on how to get your money. you could sign up for a paypal credit card and have that amount credited to that card. you can leave the money in your paypal account and use it for future purchases that you plan to pay for with paypal. you can have a check sent to you. you can also do an instant transfer to your bank account but you must enter your bank account info on the paypal site. i believe certain charges apply on top of the charges they already take when you receive a payment for getting your money. i know an instant transfer to your bank account is free as this is the way i go about it but having them send you a check will cost you a small amount. i'm not sure the exact charges for Canadian users. just log into paypal, go to "my account" and click on "withdraw". a list of options should come up and show any fees that might apply.;)