PDA

View Full Version : How much to jet 2006 400ex?

2006-400ex
12-18-2005, 08:10 PM
How much would it cost me to take my bike to the shop and get it jetted out after getting a pipe put on it?

hawaiiansupaman
12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
not sure how much it would cost but its very easy to do. i never worked on a atv before and re jetted myself no prob...... save some money get a manuel and try it theres stepbut step ins. on here also just search

44oEX
12-19-2005, 11:10 AM
yeah you can rejet it yourself and you can do it in under 1 hour...save you 50$ and the fact that you can now do it yourself

2004exrider
12-19-2005, 12:52 PM
I see that your getting an hmf pipe, when you order it they will ask you questions like where you live, what airfilter you got, etc. to get you the proper jet (atleast thats what they did for me, but some places may vary). When you get it, it will be a hex jet. Look on the bottom of the carb and you will see a 17mm cap, remove that. Once taken off get a 6mm socket and remove the jet inside and put the new one in. simple as that and you just saved a lot of money which you can now put aside for something else! And it's not necessary to remove the carburetor, it can be done while still on the quad.

Jimmy

bshack88
01-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I've never worked on an atv in my life and I put a jet kit and a new pipe on my 06 400ex today in about 2 hours. I went slow to make sure I didn't mess anything up but it was pretty easy. I printed out the applicable sections of the 05 400ex service manual from the HRCA website and it wasn't to bad............... Save the money and do it yourself!

01-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Main jet is the easiest thing to mess with in the carb. You'll need a main jet 1 or 2 sizes bigger. I always do my main jst but if the needls needs to be mest with i bring it in.

44oEX
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
you do know the needle is as easy if not even easier then the main jet right?

Honda#4
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Jetting is so easy, if you have a manual it's even easier. If you make a mistake there's a lot of people including me that will help you correct it. Jetting is my favorite thing to do on my quad.

idro
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Um... its easy but it is a PITA.

As an aircraft electrician i would rather work on an F-15/16 than my freaking 400ex...

hornetgod13
01-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by idro
Um... its easy but it is a PITA.

As an aircraft electrician i would rather work on an F-15/16 than my freaking 400ex...

I'd rather have sex with needles before working on either a F-15 or F-16.
I'm a Navy aircraft mechanic. I work on F/A-18E/F Super Hornets. Fly Navy!

idro
01-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I'd rather have sex with needles before working on either a F-15 or F-16.
I'm a Navy aircraft mechanic. I work on F/A-18E/F Super Hornets. Fly Navy!

ahhhhhhh i get it now, hornetgod... hornet yep ok your S/N makes sense now. :p

I've always wondered, do navy mechanics work on navy planes on carriers or do they fly them to a mainland base and work on them? I'm sure unscheduled maintenance is done on a ship right? But as far as phasing and what not what do they do?

I've never seen a F18 up close, i saw one take off one day thats about it. I don't work on fighters anymore, i work on heavys now, KC135's, easy plane to work on and it never ever breaks. :cool:

hornetgod13
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I've served aboard 6 different carriers. We fly from land and carrier. All maintenance is done where we are at. We don't fly planes off to work on them. We do all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance in the hangar bays onboard ship. Only difference is our base is constantly moving. I'm currently on shore duty in a fleet training squadron.
Last year we went up to Alaska and flew against some Airforce Raptor (F-22) as part of our training.

idro
01-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I've served aboard 6 different carriers. We fly from land and carrier. All maintenance is done where we are at. We don't fly planes off to work on them. We do all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance in the hangar bays onboard ship. Only difference is our base is constantly moving. I'm currently on shore duty in a fleet training squadron.
Last year we went up to Alaska and flew against some Airforce Raptor (F-22) as part of our training.
thats cool, odly enough my gf was asking me about that tonight and i didnt know, lol..

yea F-22's are sick I saw one at Eglin.