PDA

View Full Version : clutches. step by step

r450rr
12-18-2005, 08:07 PM
does anyone have the service manual handy and would like to put some pics up of the step by step process of removing and reinstalling new clutches. i need the bolt torque specs. and anything posted that i might need to know and look out for, (p.s. i got the for my christmas present it would be great if i didnt have to go out and buy the service manual. thanks guys, for any input:D

ThumPIN_450R
12-18-2005, 08:54 PM
It's really a pretty simple project all you need to do is remove the clutch cover bolts on the right side and then pull the cover off. After that you will find some bolts holding the pressure plate you unbolt that and pull the bolts and springs out then set them aside. Now you pull the old plates out and replace with the new plates that you have had soaking in oil already in the same order of steels and fibers as they were removed. Then you put everything back together in the opposite order that they were undone and I normally just tighten the bolts down until the motor starts to turn over.

WhiteZee
12-18-2005, 10:19 PM
BUY A SERVICE MANUAL

r450rr
12-19-2005, 08:23 AM
THANKS ALOT WHITEZEE for ruining my christmas, nah i will get a manual sooner or later probably latr. but right now i just dont feel like going to get one its to close to christmas, all my money is in other places. so ill just do it myself this time, hell its not like they wont go out again.

but thanks for the advice

12-19-2005, 10:19 AM
there are some photocopoied ones on ebay and you cant even tell the difference..cheap as hell too

r450rr
12-19-2005, 12:24 PM
are they 9.99 with 7.99 shipping? is that the ones cause i cant find any thats cheap