PDA

View Full Version : NH Riders

Live2Ride300
12-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Where do you guys ride in NH? Looking for some new places to go.

DANVAN
12-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Im in Merrimack, where u from. I have a small amount of woods behind my house that I ride in, then there is this big power line area in Bedford about 10 min from my house, there is a little bit of everthing in there, sand, mud, open straight aways, and woods.

If I have time, I go to the Hopkinton-everette Resorvouir, I cant spell it. Its up rt 13, lots of great atv trails there, contact me if u want a riding partner some time, Im new to this but love the hell out of it. DANLVAN@VERIZON.NET

Live2Ride300
12-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Sounds cool, the trails at Hopinkton are all state trails right?

DANVAN
12-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Yes I believe it is a state park with atv trails. I was there last sunday. There were signs up saying no atv's but we rode anyway, there where quad trails cut thru the snow so we rode.

In the summer it was great riding, lots of miles of trails.

Im thinking about going back this weekend.

Im new to atv's and to living in NH, Im not into riding in places we we're not allowed to be in, so I want to find out the rules, they may close the place to atv's once snow is on the ground and open it to snow mobiles, there where a few of them there last weekend. Im thinking that the snow may be gone by this weekend coming up??

Live2Ride300
12-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I ride alot of places around Auburn, Chester, Raymond, Candia and other surrounding towns. Theres alot of good powerlines and pits. The winter is fun because you can ride most of snowmobile trails and ride out to the seacoast, or around Massabesic lake.

DANVAN
12-27-2005, 09:37 AM
You'll have to hook me up with some directions sometime, I dont know my way around those towns yet.

I have heard that Massabesic Lake has some Mountain Biking trails, thats another hobby of mine.

Let me know if u want to ride sometime. Its hard to get my wife out on trails, we have 2 kids, 1 is too young to ride. The one who does ride is a little skidish still, she flipped it over the summer, she hasnt been the same on it since.

I usually have to take a friend/brother-in-law with me but he rides my wifes, I could use a riding partner with his own machine

Knarf0486
12-28-2005, 07:40 PM
ive heard that the hopkinton - everett reservoir is real good riding. come spring time id like to check it out. im going to have to register first though.

DANVAN
12-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I just made a phone call to the Bureau of trails in NH to see if Hopkinton-Everette is open or closed to ATV's in the winter, she told me its open year round.

I was concerned since I seen signs last week that said "No ATV's"
Shes not sure why they were there, she thinks they were possibly in there cleaning up debris from flooding earlier in the year? Either way at least she said its open, so Ill be riding hopefully this weekend.