View Full Version : 500EX motor for sale

44oEX
12-18-2005, 06:55 PM
500EX motor FST kit, bore (90mm) and strock (77mm) , web cam, hardened rockers, HD springs (web), titanium retainers, shorthened bronze valve guide all the good stuff...HD clutch springs (FST), mild port polish, 11:1 compression, ( runs on pump gas) FDO HD head studs, second oil cooler (FST) puts cooler oil direcly in the head...this thing pulls really hard, great working motor, the torque in this thing is incredable.

This thing will out run a stock 450 easy....the 500 kits are more reliable then the 440's cause the have a bigger sleeve wall.

if you have a 400ex and are looking for somethign to beat 450's you NEED this motor.

12-19-2005, 08:59 AM
price?

44oEX
12-19-2005, 10:27 AM
I would like to get around 1200-1500$....I have around 1000$ in the head alone...this motor has pretty much everything you can put in it.

Rootar
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
disreguard that pm i sent you i didnt see this thread i jsut saw you had it forsale in your sig,

how easy does it start and how reliable is it, how many hours, how often did you change the oil, got any dyno slips of what this thing is putting out?

Chris S.
12-19-2005, 01:59 PM
What type of carb are you using with it and how much do you think shipping is to Valparaiso, IN 46383 near Chicago. How old are the rings and when was the last valve adjustment?

44oEX
12-20-2005, 06:38 AM
the motor was only used for 2 races (mx) but mostly for trail riding...it has some hours on it...don't really know how much, but it's only normal trail /pit riding...nothing to hard on a motor...as for the rings I changed the about a month ago, and put maybe 2-3 thanks on them...the rongs don't need to be change alot like on the 450's...the motor is really reliable, I never had any problems with the internal like piston, rings, etc...I change the rings just to freshen it up...they still had some life left in them. The rings should be good for a year or 2...and i'll be honest with you, the only thing I had problem with with this motor was the head gaskets letting go...but I put FDO heavy duty head studs in there...and so far so good...I mean this is still a motor, I CAN'T put a warranty on it, or promise you that noting will go wrong..it might...But it shouldn't

As for the carb, I had a the stock carb on it for a while and them found a 450R for a good price so I put that on there, it really did wake it up, but it still runs fine with the stock carb.

As for starting as long as the carb is jetted right, just give the trottle 3 pumps and it stard first turn around..if the carb is off it will be harder, but that the same for any motor.

the valves where check regularly...but the last very long before they need to be set again, even with the web cam, and hard weld rockers.

the oil was changed regularly...every couple of tanks ( so every couple hours ), sorry I never did get it on a dyno, but chad502EX was puching 40+hp and 70+ft lb of torque out of his beast...I don't have as good of a port& polish as him and a couple other thing...but I figure it would do atleast 35hp..maybe more, and the torque I don't know the numbers...but it PULLS hard.

For the shipping I figure it would run right around 100$

And for fead back, I had some but the thears is to old and I can't find it...but you can ask BSTURDIVANT...I sold him a 450R motor and he seemed very happy with it.

if I missed any questions or you want to know something else...just ask :D

44oEX
12-20-2005, 06:42 AM
here is a pic of the motor....and the oil line doesn't really hook up to the top of the valve cover..I just put it there to get it out of the way.

and don't mine the color :D...if you really don't like it I could probably paint it again...or you could just get it sand blasted or something
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pbdd08a455f5ff1c7268c6fc39b8da2e1/f66a2891.jpg

44oEX
12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
motor is SOLD

thanks for looking