PDA

View Full Version : Dune Riders: Blue lables on front tires?

Glamis400ex
06-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone.

Since I have got my new +2 a arms on, I don't need the offset rims I was using, so, it's really alot cheaper for me to get a whole new package deal from my local dealer consisting of 10x5 Douglas blue labels on 22x8x10 dune runners for $139. And then sell my old tire/rim set-up for $100 or so.

The front dune tires/rims I was using were red labels. They are heavy as snot, but strong.

Anyone have problems with blue's up front? I've heard horror stories of guys flat spotting the blue's on jumps. I don't jump much, a little, no more than 4 ft or so of air. I like the fact that they are lighter, but am not willing to sacrifice the strength. Maybe I should go with black label??

My local dealer tells me that all the Banshee's and 400ex's run the blue's with no problem, he maybe see's 10 or so a season that got taco'ed

What do all you duners think, let me know.

Glamis

moto93
06-29-2002, 01:32 PM
I run blues (front & rear) with no problems!

PismoGuy400
06-29-2002, 05:56 PM
me too...no problems at all....

especially since you ride at glamis, no tree trunks or rocks to land on

Glamis400ex
06-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Pismo and Moto93,

I guess blue's are ok, if you can jump like that and not flat spot them.

Thanks a bunch

Glamis

airheadedduner
06-29-2002, 11:14 PM
I am running blue labels in the front and black labels in the back. They both suck!!!!!! Every time I come back I am pounding the flat spots out of them. I don't hit roots or sticks and they still look square by the end of a long weekend. I ripped the center out of one of my black labels. I would recomend putting reenforcement rings in them. I run high air presure in them to keep them seated on the beads for jumps which helps prevent the flat spots a little.
5 pounds in the front, 8 in the rear. You would be much happier with mohawks instead of the dune runners. The continuous rib fronts grab ruts much more and are unforgiving. The mohawks handle really predictably and are my choice for fronts, I have ridden both.

airheadedduner
06-29-2002, 11:16 PM
BTW Mohawks on blue labels, paid $115.