PDA

View Full Version : Bad service

smokeum99ta
12-18-2005, 04:51 PM
What have some of you done about bad services? I had a crank, rod, top end and some hot cams installed on my 04' yfz 450. Basically the hole engine should'f been brand new. Any ways the bike locked up at the 27th day of there 30 day warranty and didn't have 10 hours on it. The bike wasn't ran hard because to me it sounded like it had a knock. I took it back to them several times and they said its fine each time. Now they say that the cams caused the damage and they wouldn't warranty it. I think that the valves were never adjusted from the start which caused the engine damaged. I have the bike at my house and in boxes. I looks to me like 3 valves were bent ,3 buckets broke, bent the wrist pin and who knows what happened in the case. The piston is missing (never got it back from the shop).
For some reason I documented everytime I rode the bike and for how long. Also wrote down what the shop told me everytime I bought it back to them. I went and got a laywer after the owner told me to get the f--- out of his shop, I refused to leave until I got my bike out of his shop. Needless to say what other options do I have to get my money back so I can get it fixed again. I don't want to sound like a sissy but it was very hard for me not to strike the onwer during our conversation and what happened.
Thanks for your input KEN

12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
contact th better business bureau. get a lawyer to serve them some papers. if they are a honda dealership then call honda and tell them how you were treated and be ready to give names but be served like a king

smokeum99ta
12-18-2005, 05:09 PM
I'll contact the better business bureau. They are not a dealer from what I know. Thanks ken

any more suggestions?

dangle
12-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by smokeum99ta
I'll contact the better business bureau. They are not a dealer from what I know. Thanks ken

any more suggestions?

Did you take it apart?.. if not then you prolly got a case...

Mike

coolex
12-18-2005, 05:54 PM
how can the cam not be under warrenty if they installed it

12-18-2005, 10:02 PM
if they installed the cam and you havent taken it apart since they are screwed. contact your lawyer and take them to court and sue them for your time

Barney
12-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Get the piston back it well tell you what happen. That is a very key part.

smokeum99ta
12-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I tried to get the piston back but they told me that they don't have it and asked me to leave again. And no I took nothing apart on the motor, just the carburator to get the jetting right.(funny thing is that I payed them to due that).

I took my bike to a another and there gonna try and see what caused the problem. And a estimate to fix it.

Honda TRX250ex
12-19-2005, 03:50 PM
blow up their shop. that bullchit what they did

smokeum99ta
12-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I though about it but it suck would for someone else to loss there bike because a shop burned down.

Honda TRX250ex
12-19-2005, 05:36 PM
tell the owners of the bikes to get their bikes out than blow it up.
a huge motoshop by me called rusty pamlers burt down about 6 months ago. over a million dollars or bikes quads dirtbike snowmobeiles and jet skis were all lost. kinda sad went past there and couldent belive my eyes

smokeum99ta
12-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Heres a estimate for my bike

Pvt. Maggot
12-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Take them to court, get the money, fix it yourself. And keep the rest of the money for mods :) I got ripped by a shop before as well, 818 bucks for a complete motor rebuild, rode it for 2 mins and it blows the head gasket water in the oil blah blah, took it apart, they put the head gasket on..backwards..hmm..Thats why I never let shops rebuild my stuff, You could rebuild it for way cheaper. Our local honda dealer wanted to charge 2+ grand to fix my brothers 400 motor, we fixed it with 300 bucks. Funny how that all works. Good luck man.

Honda TRX250ex
12-23-2005, 08:47 PM
thats insane. id say bring them to court too

ZeroLogic
12-23-2005, 09:31 PM

ouch:ermm:

you contact the bbb?

kicken250x
12-23-2005, 09:54 PM
sounds to me like you got the shaft on this deal, they way over charged you for what little work they did. get a lawyer, get a bazillion dollars...move to helsinki and be the king:cool:

smokeum99ta
12-25-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm gonna let my lawyer handle it right now. He said to wait on the B.B.B for now until he hears a response from the shop. If they don't contact him soon we'll be in court and make all the nessasary contacts then.

quadgod440ex
12-26-2005, 01:05 PM
maybe u should post the name and location of this shop just for further reference for people in ur area not to deal with this clown .... good luck with it all tho man sorry to hear that

smokeum99ta
12-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Southern Maryland Cycles (301) 885-1136 is the name and number of the the company. The owners name is jeff and the service manager is chris.

Quadfather
12-26-2005, 04:16 PM
They probably aren't even a member of the BBB. Even if they are, nothing will happen with going through the BBB. Tell your lawyer to file the papers, and get on with it. Don't talk to the shop that did the work again, until you see them in court.

Hornbreaker
12-27-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off by a shop. The BBB realy won't do anything but take the report and file it. You should contact the consumers affair and your Attoreny General for your state. You'll get more action out of these to group. I did that about 10 years ago to a car dealer here in N.Y. and they were doing cart wheels for me. Good Luck.

smokeum99ta
12-29-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all your help. ken

Hornbreaker
01-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Smokeum, It's been a month now We were just wondering how you made out. Please post what you have up to is date. Thanks U.K.