PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating questions for Pappy

yellowzo3
12-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey, Im interested in getting a bunch of stuff powdercoated over the winter. I was wondering what the difference is between wrinkle black and stealth black because im looking for a flat black color with not too much texture. and i was also wondering if you powdercoat nerf bars and how much they would cost. Thanks.

Pappy
12-18-2005, 04:28 PM
stealth is a finer texture and higher sheen then standard wrinkle black.

nerf bars are $45 unless they are brand new, then they are $25 (much less prep)

yellowzo3
12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
cool thanks...the color i really like is the one your using on 300exrida's parts such as the linkage and calipers..which color is that? and if i make a list of random parts that arent on the list you made could you tell me how much they would cost to do in that color? thanks again

Pappy
12-18-2005, 05:07 PM
all his parts are done in stealth.

id be more then happy to quote you, list away!

yellowzo3
12-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Great...tomorrow im starting to tear it down...its a z400..so ill make a list of all the parts id like powdercoated and post them up here as soon as im finished taking it apart. or i also might post parts as i take them off since i wont finish tear down all in one day. Thanks again Pappy!

yellowzo3
12-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey Pappy. I started the tear down today and this is the list of things I want powdercoated so far. Id like all of these parts powdercoated stealth black. Id also like my frame gusseted too.

Heres the list of parts...
-Frame and Sub Frame
-Stock Swing Arm
- A-arms
-All 3 calipers
-2 Spindles
-2 Front Hubs
-Rear Sprocket
-Nerf Bars (Theyre not new)
-One of the linkages for the rear shock
-The piece the top of the rear shock mounts to on the frame (not sure what its called)

I may have some more parts as I keep going but thats it for now so if you could give me a price on that stuff thatd be great. Thanks.

Pappy
12-19-2005, 06:06 PM
-Frame and Sub Frame $175
-Stock Swing Arm $55
- A-arms$65 aftermarket only
-All 3 calipers$15 each
-2 Spindles$15 each
-2 Front Hubs$20 each
-Rear Sprocket$10 molycoated
-Nerf Bars (Theyre not new)$50
-One of the linkages for the rear shock$10
-The piece the top of the rear shock mounts to on the frame (not sure what its called) $10 its probably the headstay your talking about

yellowzo3
12-19-2005, 06:30 PM
cool thanks...I probably have some other parts I just didnt get to them yet. The A-arms are aftermarket ones but the swinger isnt so ill just leave the swinger for now. Id also like the frame gusseted...thats $175 right? Thanks.

Pappy
12-19-2005, 06:57 PM
thats correct, $175 for gusseting a Z frame