PDA

View Full Version : Construction weekend

Pappy
12-18-2005, 03:08 PM
After almost a year we finally found a weekend where we could get the people needed together to build my new powder room.

we started yesterday and actually blew some parts to test it out to see what we did wrong or right:p

everything worked good, i have to actually cut down some of the air flow (as you can tell some cardboard worked in a pinch) but im happy to say its going to work out good!

underpowered
12-18-2005, 03:10 PM
what are you gonna use for teh oven to bake the parts in?

Pappy
12-18-2005, 03:12 PM
now all thats left is to clean it all up and do the small finish work and then we start wiring for the new oven:D

these pics are being taken thru a nice sized window we installed so no one would open the door to see what the heck i was up to in there:huh

Pappy
12-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
what are you gonna use for teh oven to bake the parts in?

i have a new 6x6x8 oven ordered to be in here the first of january to replace the one im using now

Mxjunkie
12-18-2005, 03:15 PM
A little engineering is allways good :macho

Pappy
12-18-2005, 03:19 PM
the room is 12 x 8 and has 6 pre filters and 6 pocket filters. i was doubtful the fan would pull enough air but its more then enough. i have to install 2 filters in the back wall to help cut down on the wind tunnel effect

here is my brother wiring in the exhaust fan. he is the only one slim enough to snake his way in there:D

hardkoratvmxr
12-18-2005, 03:43 PM
looking good pappy

wvspeedfreak
12-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Kenny,did you just section off a part of your garage for the powder room or did you add on?

12-18-2005, 04:59 PM
nignog engineering

Pappy
12-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
nignog engineering

worked for $65,000 in pc work last year, what did you make again:confused:

jason, this is the area i had framed out right behind my work benches.

wvspeedfreak
12-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

jason, this is the area i had framed out right behind my work benches.

Ahhhhhhhh ok,I remember that now.Looking good.

Pappy
12-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Ahhhhhhhh ok,I remember that now.Looking good.

also jason, i think rob called here, please tell him i will try and call him asap. if he has work for me to do just tell him to drop it off, ill handle it:D

wvspeedfreak
12-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
also jason, i think rob called here, please tell him i will try and call him asap. if he has work for me to do just tell him to drop it off, ill handle it:D

Yeah,he said he was trying to get ahold of you.He wants a 250r frame pc'd.I'll tell him to just drop it off to you sometime.

TheFontMaster
12-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Is that pretty much just like a home made down draft spray booth? Looks like your getting quite the set up.:macho

Pappy
12-18-2005, 06:14 PM
yep, thats exactly what it is:p

i was going to order one but they want $7k for one this size. building it wasnt a problem seeing i had a large pc booth to go off of. the only issues i have to address are the air flow rates thru the room. filters in the doors or even a filtered opening low on one side of the room seem to be the best solution.

she will blind you, there is 6 lights in the room and i actually will be adding lower lights so there are no shadows(there isnt any really now but when i start spraying a frame light can your best friend:p