PDA

View Full Version : which works better lectron or 39mm airstriker or the 38 air strstriker

slamdak8782
12-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Should i get a 39mm air striker or a 38 or 40mm lectron.

Do you really lose bottom end with say a 38 or 39keihin on a stock bore 250r . Is it just bs. Who has run a 38mm air striker and a lectron head to head. I looked on atv source and they did a test of a lectron 38/40 taper bore and they said that it was much better than their air striker all around. Where is the truth, which is better . If you do lose bottom end is it noticeable and is it worth it for the top end gain.:ermm:

GOTFEAR
12-18-2005, 09:39 PM
I love lectrons they work verry well if you understand how thew work i hardley do plug checks with lectrons. lectrons have good response and all around power a 38 will work good on stock bore but you need good reeds. i like rad valve and good pipe (LRD) two run a lectron if you dont have good reeds and pipe you should run the other carb

beerock
12-19-2005, 01:13 PM
the lectron is a tuner carb and its hard to get main jets for it unless you order them in advance, keihn is in most OEM bikes so its much easier to buy jets.

with your 330 pv your buyin i would say a 39pwk or a 40.5
you dont need a carb to help bottom end with your new set up the motor will give you plenty of bottom as long as the porting isnt all top end.- theres nothing you can do to help bottom then.

methyman
12-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by beerock
the lectron is a tuner carb and its hard to get main jets for it unless you order them in advance, keihn is in most OEM bikes so its much easier to buy jets

The Lectron Carbs do not have jets at all. It uses the needle and an adjustable power jet. If you want a Lectron Carb give Dennis Packard a call he set up my carb and runs great. Im running a lectron 44mm on methanol. Different needle diameters is what controls fuel delivery.

slamdak8782
12-19-2005, 06:50 PM
i have a 39pwk lined up as long as the deal goes through. But I have always wondered if the lectrons worked well or not

beerock
12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by methyman
The Lectron Carbs do not have jets at all. It uses the needle and an adjustable power jet. If you want a Lectron Carb give Dennis Packard a call he set up my carb and runs great. Im running a lectron 44mm on methanol. Different needle diameters is what controls fuel delivery.

ahh i was thinkin about mikuni carbs brain fart

methy have you ever played with that lectron? or are ya to nervous to fiddle with it? I talked with dennis about advance and retard on the R motors, hes a cool dude.