PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a set of fog lights from wal-mart and I have a few questions.

yellow400ex05
12-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I bought a set of fog lights from Wal-Mart and was wondering if they would work on a quad.

The brand is Pro Burner, and there are two sets of 55 watt lights and they are ment for offroad trucks.

Do any of you guys or gals have these lighs on your quads? And if so how are they and was it hard to install? I'm thinking about mounting them onto the frame.

I think the directions are pointless bc there ment for a car or truck. Also the set comes with a switch and i was wondering if I could forget about using that switch and use the light switch that is meant for the normal head light.

give me some pointers on what i should do or look for.

thanxs for any help.

RRP
12-18-2005, 05:08 AM
They will work.Make sure you mount them where they aren't going to get covered with mud or broken.If you get a couple of spade crimp on terminals(same size as the terminal on the back of the factory headlight),you can just plug them right into the stock headlight socket.Then you can use the stock switch.Just buy a cheapy 12 volt test light(2 feet to the left where you got the lights at wal-mart)to determine which is ground and which is hot on your plug.Tape it all up real good and your done.If you use them alot keep you eye on you battery to make sure it stays fully charged because those lights do use more juice than the stock headlight.