PDA

View Full Version : 15amp fuse

daredevilearth
12-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Alright here is a new problem. I was out riding today and when I rode back to my truck and took a break. When I went to start it again it blew the 15A fuse thats in the thing next to the battery. I was able to get it in the back of the truck but only to have the darn thing blow again. When I started it up again the second time I could see in neutral that the green would flash and then it completely went out. Havent put in any more fuses or tryed to start it since. Help me out!

12-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Check all ur lines u probly have a short somewhere

jamienlogan
12-18-2005, 08:43 PM
When I turn my head lights off after riding my blows. I have tore it down and could not find a short anywhere, not saying its not there but didnt see one. I put in one of those little ones in newer vehicals and it wont blow now

fitethesystom
12-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Damn mechanical problems, eh?

daredevilearth
12-19-2005, 09:25 PM
As a wise man once said "If its got t**s or wheels its gonna give you problems."

daredevilearth
12-22-2005, 10:29 AM
What are these in the center of the picture there is one on a green and red wire?

daredevilearth
12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
jamienlogan- you said you installed installed one that is in cars. Can you take a picture of it because I might have to do the same because I cant find a short any where.

400exrider707
12-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by daredevilearth
jamienlogan- you said you installed installed one that is in cars. Can you take a picture of it because I might have to do the same because I cant find a short any where.

If you put in a fuse that doesn't blow, but a different one does, then basically your not fixing the problem, you probably just put in too high of fuse for your amperage. Its there to protect the rest of your system, if there is a short or a power surge, the fuse blows to protect other things like light bulbs and what not. If its not blowing now, then something else will. (No pun intended):devil:

04TRX400EX
12-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jamienlogan
When I turn my head lights off after riding my blows. I have tore it down and could not find a short anywhere, not saying its not there but didnt see one.

The exact same thing happened to me awhile back. The difference is that I rear-ended my dad's quad which originally made the fuse blow. At that point no one had ever told me about the fuse, and how there is a spare there too, so I had to tow my quad back to my truck. Anyways though, I tore the front of the thing apart and found no shorts or cut or bare wires or anything. I took it to the dealer since its under warranty and they couldn't find anything either. Since then though, it's never had a problem. Stupid electrical systems :blah:

daredevilearth
12-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Still havent found the problem got all the fenders off. Everything looks a ok. Just recently replaced the spark plug could the gap be too big thats causing the fuse to blow.

kyex40047
12-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Electrical problems are a ***** too trace down, if you do not have the right tools or if you do not know how to use them. You have a short some where. I will try and help you out the best I can.
When you put the fuse in and turn the key on, Dose it Blow. If it doesn't, what about when you turn your lights on. Does it blow then.

kyex40047
12-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Also you may have a bad dido and it is back feeding and blowing that fuse.

awsomeaussies
12-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I went through all this too. Hopefully it wont be a big headache for you. It's a pain in the *****.

jamienlogan
12-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I put the same 15 amp fuse in I didnt go bigger I am not that dumb all that would do is fry something else. I just put one of those short skinny ones off of newer vehicals, I dont know why that makes it not blow but it works

kyex40047
12-28-2005, 08:44 PM
What are you talking about with the short skinnier ones from newer vehicals? Do you mean a mini fuse, They will not fit right.

jamienlogan
12-29-2005, 04:43 PM
im not making the **** up its in there and works fine so dont tell me it wont fit when it is and has for 6 months

kyex40047
12-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't get pissed at me, I was not saying you were making it up. I am taking auto electronics and am trying to figure out what you are talking about. Do you mean the fuse it self is skinnier, or the wire inside the glass is skinnier? If that the case, there is no differences in them, it is just the brand of fuse that you bought. Nither one performs better then the other.

kssandduner
01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
WE HAVE 2 2004 400EX'S. WE HAD THE MINI 15A FUSE BLOW
OUT SEVERAL TIMES. WHEN YOU TURN ON THE HEAD LIGHTS. IT TOOK SEVERAL HOURS TO FIND THE SHORT. IT WAS IN THE HEADLIGHT. THE WIRES THAT GO INTO THE BACK OF IT RUBBED RALL ON THE BOTTOM SIDE. HAD TO TO WRAP THE WIRES WITH BLACK ELECTRIC TAPE. WE HAVE NOT HAD THIS HAPPEN AGAIN SENCE I FIXED THE SHORT.

sixer3
01-09-2006, 09:40 PM
ya, you can definately figure it out by narrowing down when the blow occurs i.e headlights/tail-lite, turn-key/ reverse light/ brake light anything of the sort w/e you do never replace a 15a with say a 20a fuse.. not saying anyone has just dont. i was installing some cooler lookin lazer stars in the front dropped the live-wire and it hit the motor and shorted the 15a fuse, not too big a deal since i knew what happened :)